Nat scouting - more search criteria

liquefry

Re: Nat scouting - more search criteria

Postby liquefry » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:09 am

mike778 wrote:I'm going to disagree with this for a couple of reasons.

Because of the hassle of getting skills revealed, the interaction between NT and club basically goes down the lines of

-Reveal skills pls
-ok
-Thanx

That's the end of the formal interaction, but you don't know what happens afterward. To be honest I didn't even know about nationals until a few seasons in to my game, and that's when I was contacted by James about some high wage players. From that point I followed the Australian and English team without ever having any detailed interaction either directly or even much in forums.

But it's true that the main thing I'm interested in is my players. I want the Aussie team to do well first, but I want my guys to do well too. Totally agree that more active community would help but it all comes down to player base - there's not enough people who don't have nat quality players interested in results.

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:35 am

Well International games are just friendlies at the moment and they have no impact at the club level currently. So no incentive from club managers or NAT managers to really do more than just ensure the best squad at the time is selected.

Randall

Postby Randall » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm

In life you can carrot people to do something or whip them.

Current thought (at least on a superficial level) in our 'modern' world is the carrot.

As a general thought would it be possible to device some sort of incentive scheme in the NAT game that benefits the standard level matches.?

there will be pros and cons but it is going to even be financial or skill based. Skill for example could be just to add +1 to any touch a players has in the season he plays NAT games (that would be as about as small as you could get) Adding 1 to one of their attributes would be a bigger gift

Just throwing them in as examples not advocating them as such - This is just the wood of a discussion hope some bright sparks might add a flame or two! :)

Odin

Postby Odin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Randall wrote:... add +1 to any touch a players has in the season he plays NAT games (that would be as about as small as you could get)

I like this.

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Randall wrote:In life you can carrot people to do something or whip them.

Current thought (at least on a superficial level) in our 'modern' world is the carrot.

As a general thought would it be possible to device some sort of incentive scheme in the NAT game that benefits the standard level matches.?

there will be pros and cons but it is going to even be financial or skill based. Skill for example could be just to add +1 to any touch a players has in the season he plays NAT games (that would be as about as small as you could get) Adding 1 to one of their attributes would be a bigger gift

Just throwing them in as examples not advocating them as such - This is just the wood of a discussion hope some bright sparks might add a flame or two! :)

Wouldn't that encourage managers to pick their own players and/or drop players from club rivals ? Obviously not many people would do that outrageously but at NT level , there are often a lot of borderline picks (do you pick a fast bowler or a medium pacer with slightly higher skills or touch). On the flip side managers may feel pushed to do the opposite leave out their own players in borderline picks.

I don't like it - the little cap probably pushes up transfer value which is enough reward unless there is a downside to NT selection.

The only way to really push the NT side is if national sides could develop their own communities like BT although as others have said the user-base probably isn't there - nobody really posts much on the forum generally let alone in a country's NT thread
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

Randall

Postby Randall » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm

All good points

How does cap add to the transfer value?

Return to “Suggestions”