Revisiting Thrashings

rtj45

Revisiting Thrashings

Postby rtj45 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:51 pm

So thrashings have kind of weakened themselves over time with skill deterioration since they were originally created and have been beaten so many times I don't think they can honestly call themselves Thrashings anymore.

In all, they need a revamp with no skill deterioration this time and an influx of new players.

Discuss who you want to be in the new Thrashings team! - I know the devs have been BUSY WITH REAL LIFE recently but hoping that Thrashings can be updated to commemorate our retired Stumped wonders. (please) :D
Last edited by rtj45 on Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

ltraynor

Re: Revisiting Thrashings

Postby ltraynor » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:19 am

Almost turning 34 in game and not yet retired from club level - but can't be far off. The most devastating player I have come across from the Aussie Nat scene in recent times is Tharindu Samlant and a close 2nd would be Greg Berrisford who is also approaching that age. I'd hope they would be considered.

From the current mob I can foresee Laker, Traynor, Allman and Truelove eventually being future thrashings material in their current form/careers to date.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Mitul Patel (Bangladesh)

Randall

Postby Randall » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:05 am

rtj45 wrote: I know the devs have been busy recently

How do you know ? It's a shame they don't tell us what they are up to. One otherwise expects the worse ….d/s

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:46 am

Randall wrote:
rtj45 wrote: I know the devs have been busy recently

How do you know ? It's a shame they don't tell us what they are up to. One otherwise expects the worse ….d/s

I've spoken to rob a bit - life has been busy for him - work family etc. Stumped is a hobby and as such gets limited time

Randall

Postby Randall » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:45 pm

So you mean the devs have been busy with life , not busy with the game?

James018

Postby James018 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:55 pm

That's how interpreted the original post. And completely understand, too.

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Still, important to remove false hope. I was briefly excited as I read that as busy with the game.

Is it possible to take the running of this out of the dev's hands? E. G. What if there was a country by country Thrashings. Once set up, each season the Nat manager can make one change. Or a Nat competition winner can make 5 changes to the original Thrashings team.

Appreciate this takes dev time to set up, but hopefully not too much and should engage people's interest.
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

Randall

Postby Randall » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:34 pm

James018 wrote:That's how interpreted the original post. And completely understand, too.

I accept that's how you interpreted it James but on the surface that would seem an unlikely interpretation as this is a forum about Stumped 'a place to discuss the game' . You'd think developers being busy in the context of talking about suggestions would be in regards .. well busy with development, not a generic reflection of their personal lives.

I mean whoever says they're not busy when talking to friends and colleagues?!

I do however respect your wisdom on 'calling' this correctly reflects the experience of knowing that this interpretation is more often than not the reality in the case of 'development' here.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Randall wrote:
James018 wrote:That's how interpreted the original post. And completely understand, too.

I accept that's how you interpreted it James but on the surface that would seem an unlikely interpretation as this is a forum about Stumped 'a place to discuss the game' . You'd think developers being busy in the context of talking about suggestions would be in regards .. well busy with development, not a generic reflection of their personal lives.

I mean whoever says they're not busy when talking to friends and colleagues?!

I do however respect your wisdom on 'calling' this correctly reflects the experience of knowing that this interpretation is more often than not the reality in the case of 'development' here.

I've updated the first post just for you

SM-xmarra

Postby SM-xmarra » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:29 pm

rtj45 wrote:So thrashings have kind of weakened themselves over time with skill deterioration since they were originally created and have been beaten so many times I don't think they can honestly call themselves Thrashings anymore.

In all, they need a revamp with no skill deterioration this time and an influx of new players.

Discuss who you want to be in the new Thrashings team! - I know the devs have been BUSY WITH REAL LIFE recently but hoping that Thrashings can be updated to commemorate our retired Stumped wonders. (please) :D

As i found to my dismay James Grigg spinner for New Zealand was recently turned coach so he's a good one to add in. In his prime probably low 50s skill rating.
Manager of Durham Elite & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16, 17 & 21
Winner of T20 1.1 season 21 & 24

Winner of International T20 - Season 12 & 22
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

Return to “Suggestions”