Movement

angeltoast

Movement

Postby angeltoast » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:16 pm

There's no indication in the commentary at the moment about whether or not the bowler has got much movement off a delivery, or whether the ball has kicked in a rough bit. I'm sure the ME is calculating it, so is there some way of including it in the commentary? I'm thinking of something simple, like: "Pitched towards leg," or similar.
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

angeltoast

Re: Movement

Postby angeltoast » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 am

... or even a simple character graphic, such as ' \ ' or ' | ' or ' / '
  • Iceni Cricket Club

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:25 am

To some extent its rather in the quality of the ball. The match engine treats "swing"/"seam"/"turn"/"irregular bounce" separately, though they aren't in the output (at the moment). I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are wanting.

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:04 am

DEV-R0b1et wrote:To some extent its rather in the quality of the ball. The match engine treats "swing"/"seam"/"turn"/"irregular bounce" separately, though they aren't in the output (at the moment). I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are wanting.

Thanks Rob. I'm just wondering if the movement of the ball (which, as you say above, is not currently output) could be displayed simply. I feel that it would help if we can see whether or not the bowler is moving the ball off its line, and which way it is turning. Yes, it is in the quality of the ball, but hidden behind the numbers. Obviously, I don't see this as a high priority.
  • Iceni Cricket Club

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:22 am

angeltoast wrote:
DEV-R0b1et wrote:To some extent its rather in the quality of the ball. The match engine treats "swing"/"seam"/"turn"/"irregular bounce" separately, though they aren't in the output (at the moment). I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are wanting.

Thanks Rob. I'm just wondering if the movement of the ball (which, as you say above, is not currently output) could be displayed simply. I feel that it would help if we can see whether or not the bowler is moving the ball off its line, and which way it is turning. Yes, it is in the quality of the ball, but hidden behind the numbers. Obviously, I don't see this as a high priority.

Well in that case, I think you want the split of "swing"/"seam"/"turn"/"irregular bounce" - which while would be possible, would struggle to fit nicely.

Normally the quality is dominated by one of the 4 though.

James018

Postby James018 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:53 am

Perhaps display which one of the four is most prominent, then?

Return to “Suggestions”