New stumped world - new slant on the 'increase membership' idea

Odin

New stumped world - new slant on the 'increase membership' idea

Postby Odin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:52 pm

In a nutshell, it's about a major site restart.

We set a date in the future for the new site, say Feb 2020.
It stands separate from the current stumped world.
It's a pay site.
We advertise on all the other games heavily, that stumped is opening an invite-only world.
There's a prize of some kind (or series of prizes)

I bet many players in BT, FTP, or CC would be very interested in joining a new world, in which they can compete on an even level with other skilled players. I'd probably be much more interested in paying for it than I am for our current world.

Of course there may be multiple logistical challenges with this, but I'm hoping the increased membership would take care of it. The current stumped world can become a training ground for the 'real' event.

mike778

Re: New stumped world - new slant on the 'increase membership' idea

Postby mike778 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:07 pm

Few issues...

1.You would probably need to restart it every season otherwise it wouldn't be worth any non season one starters paying as they would be at a disadvantage which is important if you are essentially making it a money game which people hope to have a chance of taking home the money. That takes away a lot of the game such as training, youth scouts and so on.

2.It may split the user base. The game needs more users so splitting the user base wouldn't be great.

Its an interesting idea but not sure it would work. If stumped had 2000 managers, it would be different and may be a goer.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

Odin

Postby Odin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:41 am

Point taken about the money prize. Perhaps some membership instead.

I wouldn't go for this unless I expected to increase membership significantly, which would moot your splitting- members point. I do think this could potentially grab 100plus paying managers from the other games.

This world would run for a specific amount of time, eg 4 seasons. Training would definitely be important. Perhaps it could be longer.

conradij

Postby conradij » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:15 am

I really like this idea. I would pay for a 3-5 season competition. Something like everyone starting in tier 3 in chosen countries. Then fighting to see who makes it to the top in the time. Maybe even finishing with a global cup(s) to get a 'winner' for that world. Then repeat.
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

Return to “Suggestions”