And the Scouts find...

James018
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby James018 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:31 am

Touche :P that was my point though, you can find better players for no additional cost.

User avatar
angeltoast
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby angeltoast » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 am

True, but I have enough players. I just thought that, after a string of useless recruits, I can play him for one or two DEV games then let him go before his trial period expires. Maybe next week I'll get a boy worth keeping long-term.
Lizzie Mills ~ Image ~ Iceni Cricket Club
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=1492

mike778
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby mike778 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:38 am

angeltoast wrote:True, but I have enough players. I just thought that, after a string of useless recruits, I can play him for one or two DEV games then let him go before his trial period expires. Maybe next week I'll get a boy worth keeping long-term.


Why though ? just for the sake of picking one of your own youth scouts ? Bit of a waste especially if he pinches a proper prospect's bat. I like skewed players but he projects as a handy number 10 which isn't what you want for a non bowler/keeper.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team
English SOD Champions - S19
Short League Champions - S19
Cup runners up -S17
2020 runners up -S18, S19

User avatar
angeltoast
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby angeltoast » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:58 pm

mike778 wrote:Why though ? just for the sake of picking one of your own youth scouts ? Bit of a waste especially if he pinches a proper prospect's bat. I like skewed players but he projects as a handy number 10 which isn't what you want for a non bowler/keeper.

Yeah, true. Clutching at straws, I guess.
Lizzie Mills ~ Image ~ Iceni Cricket Club
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=1492

Lunarlord34
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:03 am

Image
So tempted to pick that last one, never seen such a low batting average :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
angeltoast
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby angeltoast » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:So tempted to pick that last one, never seen such a low batting average :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which did you go for? I have been disappointed so often in the past after making a choice based on an enticing average only to get a player with low potential fully realised.
Lizzie Mills ~ Image ~ Iceni Cricket Club
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=1492

Lunarlord34
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:26 pm

angeltoast wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:So tempted to pick that last one, never seen such a low batting average :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which did you go for? I have been disappointed so often in the past after making a choice based on an enticing average only to get a player with low potential fully realised.

Went for the bottom guy, I just had to with such compelling numbers! :lol:
He turned out to not be that bad, 37 pot bat with slow starter and 17 pot keeping. Not good enough for my side, but worth 1k or something I would believe. A lot better than I thought he was going to be :lol:

rtj45
Posts: 3347
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Dorset

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby rtj45 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:
angeltoast wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:So tempted to pick that last one, never seen such a low batting average :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which did you go for? I have been disappointed so often in the past after making a choice based on an enticing average only to get a player with low potential fully realised.

Went for the bottom guy, I just had to with such compelling numbers! :lol:
He turned out to not be that bad, 37 pot bat with slow starter and 17 pot keeping. Not good enough for my side, but worth 1k or something I would believe. A lot better than I thought he was going to be :lol:


Meanwhile my 59 ave bat was :thumbdown:
Manager of West Row Warriors
Winner of all available titles in Season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Former world #1

bura
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby bura » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Good/ok/excellent?

Stephen Brady
Club The Bengals
Age 16 (and 0 weeks) : view history
Wage / Rating $1,663 / 2,375 - (Trialist)
Characteristics Front footed and Partnership breaker
Hobby Field Hockey
Role Bowler
Bats Left handed aggressive
Bowler Left arm wrist spin
Condition 100%
Touch 10
Stamina 4/15
Shot S. 3/11
Defense 6/6
Attack 4/8
Accuracy 6/15
Movement 7/17
Variation 6/13

Fielding 0/13
Keeping 0/5
Captaincy 9
Experience 1

conradij
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby conradij » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:01 pm

bura wrote:Good/ok/excellent?

Stephen Brady
Club The Bengals
Age 16 (and 0 weeks) : view history
Wage / Rating $1,663 / 2,375 - (Trialist)
Characteristics Front footed and Partnership breaker
Hobby Field Hockey
Role Bowler
Bats Left handed aggressive
Bowler Left arm wrist spin
Condition 100%
Touch 10
Stamina 4/15
Shot S. 3/11
Defense 6/6
Attack 4/8
Accuracy 6/15
Movement 7/17
Variation 6/13

Fielding 0/13
Keeping 0/5
Captaincy 9
Experience 1


I'd say good but not excellent. Ok potential with ok starting skills. Nice to have fielding and useful stamina. Left arm wrist spin is great. Not sure what to make of partnership breaker.

If I pulled him I'd keep him. If he came up on the market I wouldn't bid for him (unless he was going for crazy cheap).
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126


Return to “Game Matters”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests