Season 21 From The Start

angeltoast

Season 21 From The Start

Postby angeltoast » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:05 am

As we prepare to start a new season, it seems a good moment to take a personal look back at what has happened so far. Here's how it is from Iceni's point of view, how is it for you?

Iceni Cricket Club's motto seems to be "~~~ By Fits and Starts ~~~"

We have, actually, made progress, but it hardly notices as we lurch forwards and backwards like a learner driver. In the four seasons since we started, Iceni have been on the brink of bankruptcy not once but twice, saved only by the help of friends and the sacrificing of a few prize bulls. Thankfully, we start season 21 with a more secure bank balance and good prospects. We have climbed steadily up the world rankings, from 247 at the start to 136 now, so we must be getting a few things right, and we start this new season with a squad that fills me with hope. There is so much potential in this young team now that, if I look at the transfer markets, I can't find any youngsters better than those we have (not any that we could afford, anyway).

So onwards and upwards. Stumped is a great game and a great place for making friends. I bid everyone here, old and new, good fortune in season 21 and beyond.
Last edited by angeltoast on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

Stomalomalus

Re: Season 21 From The Start

Postby Stomalomalus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Good job.

I started a little before you and got lucky with some of my youth pulls. They've formed the basis of my team, which has risen to 19th in the world in SOD (40 overall thanks to an atrocious T20 ranking). Looking to mount a title tilt this year, though I'm probably a little short. Next year might be a better bet.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:37 am

Nice one Lizzie.

It's great to see you're immersing yourself in Stumped and enjoying it!

All the best for the season ahead. :)
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:54 am

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:Nice one Lizzie.

Thank you. How is it for The Tonks?
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:17 pm

angeltoast wrote:
MOD-tonk6464 wrote:Nice one Lizzie.

Thank you. How is it for The Tonks?

I am still enjoying playing Stumped. Last season was good for my team - won the SOD and T20 Div.1 double. :)

I expect this season to be tough - plenty of other quality Aussie teams who could be title contenders. A couple of my golden oldies are likely to make way for a couple of high quality youngsters this season. ;)
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Return to “Game Matters”