Quick Questions

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Quick Questions

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am

^- that, perfectly. it leads to surprisingly fast skill inflation.

Summit

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Summit » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 am

Is there a link anyone can provide to information on sponsorship.
Eg at this level ill receive this much

mike778
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: Quick Questions

Postby mike778 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:52 pm

DEV-R0b1et wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:Players in teams about to go bot:

Is there any way to get them?

I've just seen one of my old players is in a team that hasn't logged on for a month :( Wondered if there was any way to save him?


Nope. And no matter how much you beg, this is a game balance decision.


Fair doos ...

But how about offering players over 30 in a dead bot team, a coaching/groundsman job ? Agree with the balance bit on the players don't see this affecting anything.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Quick Questions

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:28 pm

mike778 wrote:
DEV-R0b1et wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:Players in teams about to go bot:

Is there any way to get them?

I've just seen one of my old players is in a team that hasn't logged on for a month :( Wondered if there was any way to save him?


Nope. And no matter how much you beg, this is a game balance decision.


Fair doos ...

But how about offering players over 30 in a dead bot team, a coaching/groundsman job ? Agree with the balance bit on the players don't see this affecting anything.

That would (massively) reduce the value of oldies from humans.

mike778
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: Quick Questions

Postby mike778 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:13 am

DEV-R0b1et wrote:
mike778 wrote:
DEV-R0b1et wrote:
Nope. And no matter how much you beg, this is a game balance decision.


Fair doos ...

But how about offering players over 30 in a dead bot team, a coaching/groundsman job ? Agree with the balance bit on the players don't see this affecting anything.

That would (massively) reduce the value of oldies from humans.


Would it ?

I don't think oldies have any transfer value. There are currently 9 players aged 29 or over on the market. The highest bid currently is 1k. Any old player that sold for much more than that would be because the buyer wanted them as a player.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Quick Questions

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 am

then people behave silly. it should.

NotDanAndrew
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Quick Questions

Postby NotDanAndrew » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:01 am

What is the lowest batting for a player to be considered an all rounder?

Also, how many ARs is good to have in a match day side?

Randall
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Randall » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Andrew Dan

Can you maybe help us out here with explaining what you mean by lower batting?

Do you mean a batting average / highest score/ in DEV / T 20 / OD

Will wait for your response but can say 'all things are relative'

NotDanAndrew
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Quick Questions

Postby NotDanAndrew » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:41 am

Randall wrote:Hi Andrew Dan

Can you maybe help us out here with explaining what you mean by lower batting?

Do you mean a batting average / highest score/ in DEV / T 20 / OD

Will wait for your response but can say 'all things are relative'


I mean potential.

So I've been told that 37+ potential is a decent level for batters/bowlers, so what is considered a decent level of batting for ARs?

mike778
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: Quick Questions

Postby mike778 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:38 pm

NotDanAndrew wrote:
Randall wrote:Hi Andrew Dan

Can you maybe help us out here with explaining what you mean by lower batting?

Do you mean a batting average / highest score/ in DEV / T 20 / OD

Will wait for your response but can say 'all things are relative'


I mean potential.

So I've been told that 37+ potential is a decent level for batters/bowlers, so what is considered a decent level of batting for ARs?


It depends on the level.

For me, a genuine all-rounder would have somewhere around 42 or higher batting potential. A bowling all-rounder would have around 37/38 potential for batting. For new teams, you would drop that down a bit - maybe 40 for a genuine all-rounder and 35 for a bowling all-rounder.

I don't think 37 potential would be good enough for a specialist bat/bowl at any level (or at least not good enough to be worth developing - its fine to keep some as makeweights). The transfer market fluctates but you can usually find 16 year old with around 40 potential for virtually nothing usually so that would probably be the floor to be worth developing someone.

The make-up of your team is up to you - at club level, I like to have enough bowling all-rounders to bat to 9 but pros and cons whatever you do. Players will regress if they don't get a bat so not sure its worth batting deeper than 9.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20


Return to “The Beginners Section”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest