Performance of a 0/0/0 bowler

MOD-tonk6464

Re: Performance of a 0/0/0 bowler

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:34 am

James018 wrote: There's no reason why the DEVs can't work on the ME and also work on other aspects like the interface, etc. It may take more time, but patience is the nature of a game like this.

That would be great, if the DEVs have the time to do it.
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (10 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:19 am

To add on to bombom's post: I returned back to this game when I found out via a Cricket forum and Jan that my team (that I had left inactive with membership) was now somehow third in the world.

Logging back in and seeing the last tweet being a year ago and no changes in the layout/display, I figured the game was dead. It's only after popping into the forum just now that I notice that there is still some life left.

It would definitely be huge for the game if people could have 2 teams, if the social media work was either handled by volunteers/community members or abandoned entirely, and if some amount was spent on advertising and trying to attract new players.

We can't do anything about the complexity of the game. There could be an option for a 'simple' layout - one that just displays overall batting and bowling abilities while hiding the nuanced breakdown. Maybe break the separation between batsman's nature and the layout of his skills - whether a batsman is aggressive or defensive should purely be dictate by the gap between his attack and defence potentials. Reduce one layer of complexity and allow for a more basic layout (total batting skill + batting nature) that works intuitively (no 'why does my 40 total aggressive batsman bat so slow' issues arising because said batsman has 17 defence and 5 attack or smth)

An App would be nice but that's just tons of work. Maybe a mobile-friendly website would be easier?
Free Hong Kong.
Five Demands, Not One Less
Learn more Here

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:00 am

Zorax wrote:
It would definitely be huge for the game if people could have 2 teams, if the social media work was either handled by volunteers/community members or abandoned entirely, and if some amount was spent on advertising and trying to attract new players.

An App would be nice but that's just tons of work. Maybe a mobile-friendly website would be easier?

I like the idea of having two teams as it will help bringing more in game money to the market with a variety of players. The problem with having game members handle social media is that they may abuse it and it would throw off potential new users. But i guess at the way the game is (very few active users), any publicity is good publicity.

An app would be nice but a mobile version of the site would be a welcome addition for the mean time.

Return to “Match Engine”