Season 19

liquefry

Season 19

Postby liquefry » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:52 am

Slightly different experience in this week's OD game to last season. FI 481/4 beat Bay Boys 57/10, Nabeel starring with 7 wickets for 4 runs. 8 of the 10 wickets were clean bowled!

Unfortunately Lauderdale is also in this div so it's not going to be totally straightforward to get back to 1.1 but this game was not a contest unfortunately.

http://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=982538

angeltoast

Re: Season 19

Postby angeltoast » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:06 pm

30th November 2018 - SOD div 3.2 match Iceni CC vs Pink Panthers CC

http://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=976040

Pink Panthers were always our Nemesis in previous meetings, so we approached this match with trepidation.

We won the toss and batted first, on a very green and bouncy pitch at the Pink Panthers' ground, in still and humid conditions. One fantastic knock after another by all our batsmen meant that we had over 300 on the scoreboard with 7 overs still to go, thanks to half-centuries by 4 of the lads, and a fantastic 124 partnership by the openers, Livesey and Alexander. By the closing overs, the chaps were just enjoying themselves, unconcerned about losing late wickets, and we set the Panthers a target of 350 to win.

At first, our bowlers seemed to be a bit intimidated by the Panther's flamboyant openers, but soon settled down to whittle away at them. We had 5 wickets by the end of the 9th over with only 42 runs on the board, and 8 for 95 by the end of the 23rd. But, then, they got a bit cocky, and let them off the hook. Panthers put up a heroic last-wicket stand, taking their score to 119 before my lads pulled their socks up and finished off the job.

Mottram has been a good choice to promote to Captain, freeing Kennedy to concentrate on his batting - with good effect for both men. Lovely tight bowling by McGrath and our upcoming youngster Winthrop kept the runs down, and wickets by Ecclestone, Winthrop, Ashforth and Brunt helped to bring the opposition to their knees.

Man of the match for me has to be Livesey, with a magnificent 92-run innings to start and end the game with a bang. Did I mention that the man of the match gets to sleep with the manager?

Around the grounds in SOD 3.2, Warriors and Exiles both clocked up good wins, while the match between North Merseyside and Mordialloc was a real slog between two solid teams.
Last edited by angeltoast on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Liz Mills - Iceni Insurgents

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:23 pm

angeltoast wrote:30th November 2018 - SOD div 3.2 match Iceni CC vs Pink Panthers CC

http://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=976040

Mottram has been a good choice to promote to Captain, freeing Kennedy to concentrate on his batting - with good effect for both men.

Mottram's old team-mates in the Pro Crastinator's set-up are delighted to hear of his success and to see him reaching his potential as a wicket keeper and captain :clap:
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Today was a day I should have picked the 2nd XI. But I didn't pay attention.

330-8 I finished. Death bowler Bullock getting 88 from 78 from the 7 slot.

And in return new signing Humayu Pankaj, an experienced bowler, took 6 wickets for 26 runs as we bowled them out for 76.

Meaning that I sit happy at the top of Div 2.1.

mike778

Postby mike778 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:10 am

Crikey I am top of the tree in England in both SOD and 2020 , probably wont happen again so should screenshot it for posterity.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team -
Season 17: cup runners up.
Season 18 : 2020 runners up
Season 18: SOD runners up (bit of a pattern emerging here sadly)

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 am

mike778 wrote:Crikey I am top of the tree in England in both SOD and 2020 , probably wont happen again so should screenshot it for posterity.

:thumbup:
Image Liz Mills - Iceni Insurgents

Return to “Senior One Day Games”