Season 20 Cup

MOD-tonk6464

Re: Season 20 Cup

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:38 am

Just had a narrow escape in our cup match against Paladins today.

Paladins posted a reasonable score of 268 but I expected we wouldn't have much trouble with that on a flat pitch.

However, Paladin's bowlers took wickets frequently enough to put us in a very tricky situation. Berrisford batted well for 72. Mickey Nash held his nerve at the end with some support from the handy lower order to get us home by only 2 wickets and 3 balls to spare. Phew! :)
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Though to the final 16 after a...bizzare game today. I think Shorten just by himself made my MAS :lol: What looked to be pretty difficult batting conditions turned out to be a runsfest. We put on almost 300 for the first wicket in just under 42 overs as Shorten (194* off 157) and Satin (135 off 119) both posted career bests with the bat and were just creaming the bowlers to all parts. Wickets continued to tumble as Lindley threw away his start once again, though this time under more a more understanding scenario, Ascott, on competitive debut, was run out for a diamon and Bowden's dismissal triggered a hattrick that managed to keep us to under 400 in the end, though at 6-394 the game looked to be won.

15 runs came off the opening over of the match as Loarswood got off to a flying start, a much faster start than we did, but the partnership was broken by Stone. They continued to rack up the partnerships but wickets at important times, more often than not caused by Stone, and a hundred by opener Consiglilere went in vain as the raising RRR eventually got the better of them and Stone made short work of the middle order and tail, cleaning them up for some tidy figures of 5-48 from 8.5 in the end to dismiss them for 297 in the 47th over, just 2 runs more than our opening stand. As happy as I am for the win, kinda wish Shorten and Satin didn't face so many balls as now they're probably unavailable for the t20's :lol:

So far so good for the cup defence, though we now await a nervous wait to see who we line up against next round as I look at the ridiculously strong remaining teams :?

Diameter

Postby Diameter » Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 pm

http://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1082349

Extremely proud of the effort by today's game. Northdown were favourites with an average rating of 62000, compared to our 55000, not to mention all their bowling ratings being 70000+.

However, we put them in to bat and we had a good start. 2 run outs helped, and with Koops and Sabir striking, they went to 93-4 in the 22nd over. However, a 140 run stand off just 113 balls steadied them well. Sebastien Kite slamming a great 106 off just 77, with Ward's 72-ball 62 aiding him well. Yet, we kept them down to scoring only 65 in the final 10, leaving the final score as 297-8. Sabir was the pick of the bowlers with 3-54.

Baker and Ghosh started positively, taking many singles and hitting the odd boundary. Baker fell with the score on 48, which brought Batcho to the crease. The 2 put on 83 for the 2nd wicket, until Batcho was run out. Ghosh sped up, but unfortunately knicked behind on 99, meaning he's the 2nd batsmen of mine to be out on 99 this tournament, as Zuyderhoff did in Round 3. Pabley was sent up the batting order as Zuyderhoff was moved to 5 due to their respective forms. The latter fell after a promising start. Then Ernie Turner came in, and carrying his good form, helped see the chase home. The two managed 88 off 61, with Pabley scoring a strong 67* off 59, to add to his 1-62 earlier, and Turner chipping in towards the end with a 40-ball 48*.

Kite won MoM for his brilliant ton.

This is by far the furthest I've made it into the CUP, so a big confidence boost going forward.
Manager of Elemental Beasts

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Mon May 13, 2019 9:54 am

Grats! Weird that they played that guy as keeper though, their keeper is a regular in the WI squad but he didn't play! He does have low condition so that must have been a factor - but their wicket taking ability was sorely affected by low fielding as a result.

Odin

Postby Odin » Sun May 26, 2019 11:55 am

R6 and won my game. Never made it past r3 before.

And that's with McGinty taking three wickets with a touch of 1. Yes his touch is 1.

:o

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Just a tad bit of vengence and extra edge thrown into today's cup match against rogue traders, seeing as they smashed us earlier in the season and are one of only 2 teams who can win the SOD title this season it felt good to knock them off. Even more so when you consider this was just a rematch of the cup round 6 from last season :lol: Into the quarter finals with that shellacking as our defense has gone better than planned. Thought I would've crashed and burn out by now, almost have in a couple of the matches, but regardless of who I get in the quarter finals my boys are either going to smash them or not bother turning up.

We're the most consistently inconsistent useless batch of spuds in this game.
Last edited by Lunarlord34 on Sun May 26, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Odin wrote:R6 and won my game. Never made it past r3 before.

And that's with McGinty taking three wickets with a touch of 1. Yes his touch is 1.

What a day to have dispicable touch, Dizzy only had 2 touch today yet took 3-16 from 8 overs with 2 maidens :lol:

Odin

Postby Odin » Sun May 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:

What a day to have dispicable touch, Dizzy only had 2 touch today yet took 3-16 from 8 overs with 2 maidens :lol:

My guy is NOT erratic. Never seen this before. Fwiw (i.e. nothing:)) I also have a useless youth player on 19 touch.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:01 pm

Odin wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:

My guy is NOT erratic. Never seen this before. Fwiw (i.e. nothing:)) I also have a useless youth player on 19 touch.

Neither is Dizzy, it happens.

Also just saw the draw, we're out in the quarters it seems as we've drawn Tonkers. Nothing to look forward to after Sunday in anything now.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:25 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:
Odin wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:What a day to have dispicable touch, Dizzy only had 2 touch today yet took 3-16 from 8 overs with 2 maidens :lol:

Neither is Dizzy, it happens.

Also just saw the draw, we're out in the quarters it seems as we've drawn Tonkers. Nothing to look forward to after Sunday in anything now.

Such a pessimist, you get to see England thrash everyone in the World Cup (on Stumped! and in real life!).
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

Return to “Senior One Day Games”