Season 21 League Matches

bumpuss

Re: Season 21 League Matches

Postby bumpuss » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:51 am

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:After last week's narrow loss to AUS Div.1 newcomers Rebel Slaves (congrats Rebels), my batsmen were back with a vengeance today.

Petrie started the innings solidly and scored 99. Berrisford smacked the bowlers around the park for a very classy 112 from 71 balls (not bad for a 32 year old ;) ). Boreham added icing to the cake by smashing 55 n.o. from just 17 balls as we posted a whopping total of 394! :D

I screwed up orders, played 2 spinners on a green deck well.

Still with the way your batsmen walloped my bowlers, I think you would won easily..but not so easily :lol: 394 could be the highest score against me..I will have to check.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:41 am

bumpuss wrote:
MOD-tonk6464 wrote:After last week's narrow loss to AUS Div.1 newcomers Rebel Slaves (congrats Rebels), my batsmen were back with a vengeance today.

Petrie started the innings solidly and scored 99. Berrisford smacked the bowlers around the park for a very classy 112 from 71 balls (not bad for a 32 year old ;) ). Boreham added icing to the cake by smashing 55 n.o. from just 17 balls as we posted a whopping total of 394! :D

I screwed up orders, played 2 spinners on a green deck well.

Still with the way your batsmen walloped my bowlers, I think you would won easily..but not so easily :lol: 394 could be the highest score against me..I will have to check.

Interestingly, your best performing bowler was actually a spinner :P

My part-time spinner Mavuso did well too - he took 2/2 from his 1 over! :lol:

My bowlers finished off the job well to help secure a 220-run win. That was one of those rare matches where everything went perfectly - from my team's point of view. :)

Unlucky Bump. I'm sure you'll bounce back.

I noticed Rebel Slaves picked up another very narrow victory today - this time against Rogue. They've beaten last season's top 2 teams in their first 2 weeks of Div.1! :clap:
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Bingo! No 100 for you today, Wright!

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:13 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:Bingo! No 100 for you today, Wright!

To be fair, probably as well he got out when he did to give the finishers and late order hitters some overs.

You have got a really good team though. The ducks continue to massively outperform our ratings in 50 overs. The world Cup suggests we stumbled upon a good combination rather than me knowing what I am doing.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20
-Short League Champions - S19, S20
-Runners up in English 2020 (S19) and Cup

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:26 pm

mike778 wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:Bingo! No 100 for you today, Wright!

To be fair, probably as well he got out when he did to give the finishers and late order hitters some overs.

You have got a really good team though. The ducks continue to massively outperform our ratings in 50 overs. The world Cup suggests we stumbled upon a good combination rather than me knowing what I am doing.

Lol.

I'm pleased with how the team is shaping up and I'm starting to get the best out if Bradfield. Mind, he'll only be able to play once a week if he keeps that up.

Best performance for Hancock, too, just when I was thinking I might let him go...

Sheldon's form has nose dived since getting an England call, though.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 am

Hosting Tonks for the first time this season, and things are eerily similar at the same time we meet last season. I was undefeated after winning the first 3, meanwhile Tonks had lost the first round yet was back to regular beatdowns of everyone else besides that.
After a promising first 30 overs against Tonks, we've fallen away very swiftly. Limped to 9-276 as plenty of bats got starts and no one could kick on on my home road. Very skinny score, especially as Tonks has easily gone to 3-129 after 28. Ascott dropped Solkar early on but luckily Shorten got him for 35, but still thos extra 30 runs hurt. Can't seem to stop them from scoring is the main problem, the only thing in our favour is the RRR which is slowly growing....need some wickets and fast or they'll chase this down no problems and it'll just be a repeat of last season.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:45 am

Disaster this week in div 2, after a storming start to the season (3 wins 3 bonus points) Fictionally Inclined was absolutely smashed today, thanks to a massive batting collapse. We had a significantly better "expert preview" but I guess my tactics were sloppy. Can't help that I only have one first XI player with touch above 10... grr.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:29 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:Hosting Tonks for the first time this season, and things are eerily similar at the same time we meet last season. I was undefeated after winning the first 3, meanwhile Tonks had lost the first round yet was back to regular beatdowns of everyone else besides that.
After a promising first 30 overs against Tonks, we've fallen away very swiftly. Limped to 9-276 as plenty of bats got starts and no one could kick on on my home road. Very skinny score, especially as Tonks has easily gone to 3-129 after 28. Ascott dropped Solkar early on but luckily Shorten got him for 35, but still thos extra 30 runs hurt. Can't seem to stop them from scoring is the main problem, the only thing in our favour is the RRR which is slowly growing....need some wickets and fast or they'll chase this down no problems and it'll just be a repeat of last season.

Good game Lunar. It turned out differently to last season. ;)

The Reds made a decent score batting first even though it was lower than Lunar would have liked. We were behind the require run rate for the whole innings due to some quality bowling by the Reds. We increased the run rate in the middle of the innings and it looked like we had a chance to chase the total but The Reds bowlers took important wickets at crucial moments. Chaudry was the pick of the bowlers with 4/36. The Reds won by 26 runs.

Well played Lunar and congrats on the win. :clap:

The Reds are on top of the AUS Div.1 ladder with 4 wins from 4. They have the strongest team in the league and must surely be considered the favourites for the title. There is still a long way to go though and the division is full of quality teams.
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Rhaegar

Postby Rhaegar » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:15 pm

A good start leading into the weekend for us as House Targaryens were able to secure a win against the table topper KryptoKnights

On a particularly cloudy day, Hamayun won the toss and elected to bat first which seemed like a terrible idea as both the openers including Hamayun himself were back in the pavilion by the beginning of 10th over with a meager 38 runs on the board. But with an effort from the middle order, especially Cannon's 52 of 63 helped the team along nicely and laid the groundwork for Grady who despite of running out of partners, was able to hammer out a well made 71 of 58 which helped us put a defendable total of 230/10 from 43.5 overs.

It still leaves the question of not playing out the whole 50 overs, something the squad hasn't been able to do in some time. A house of cards for a tail remains a reason of headache for captain Hamayun.

KryptoKnights were off to an unlucky start with a run out from Grady and wicket a piece from Baatjies and Palathingal reducing the hosts to 12/3 in the 7th over but a solid consolidating partnership from Martinus and Cohen started to develop. Thankfully Baatjies struck again in his extended second spell and wickets falling in regular intervals helped the Targaryens seal the hosts off for 120 in their 35th over on the field.

Targaryens won by 110 runs.
House Targaryen 230/10 (43.5)
Grady 71*(58)
Cannon 52(63)
White 3/38
KryptoKnights 120/10 (34.4)
Cohen 39(61)
Martinus 30(55)
Plant 2/14
MotM: Bob Grady

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Pretty much wrote the game off against HalfDecent (who have been our main rivals for title last couple of seasons) at half time. They racked up 344 but after checking the score after the match, we knowcked them off with 23 balls to spare. Would have been a bad loss given they play on a dustbowl and we play on a fast seamers pitch so home advantage is normally pretty important.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20
-Short League Champions - S19, S20
-Runners up in English 2020 (S19) and Cup

Return to “Senior One Day Games”