Season 22 League

Lunarlord34

Season 22 League

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Been off and on fo a while since EOS due to rl, but happy to see my five minutes of order setting isn't costing me too much. Although I must admit, seeing us bat first today certainly had the nerves on edge. Boys can chase 280 in 40 overs 2 down, no problem. But asking them to post 280 from 50 overs? Nah fam, too hard.
Strange batting performance in all, with Ferguson strangely taking the role of aggressor for the day for the top 4 while Ascott played in his shell. Strange change of the usual roles there. Bowden scored a few runs for once as well, admittedly a lot slower than I would've wanted by 82 off 87 isn't something to complain (too much) about. Though after losing both Bowden and Ellery, effectively both our 'finishers' despite only one having that trait, we looked pretty shaky despite some tail end hitting boosting us to 9-278. 33 runs off the last 6 overs didn't make for the prettiest of finishes, but losing the only 3 very capable bats in 3 overs hurt the last 3 overs for sure.

We were going to have to rely on our bowlers to win this one, something that I'll admit is definitely not out strong point even with a defendable total on the board (I mean, we play 4 bowlers ffs). Especially as Naeem got GVE off to a flyer, despite losing his fellow top 3 members in the first 16 overs. The chase got a little shaky when pie thrower Shorten's golden arm netted us a third, though Naeem continued to smack us around and looked well on track to guide them to victory till the bloke that knows how to field's arm was taken on and he was run out for 74. Even then, their middle order feasted on Shorten's part time spin till Bell broke through for the fifth, opening the door for Shorten to go bang, bang, bang as suddenly he went from expensive to expensive but with 4fer :lol:

Though the game was still in the balance as they remained ahead of the rate, only problem was Bell remembered he has this fancy bowling trait called 'tail clearer' which actually allows him to get tail enders out rather than get clobbered by them for 4's and 6's and managed to pry out the last two and starve Sloper of the strike to record a narrow 12 run win. All in all, pretty happy to have 13 points after 3 rounds seeing as I've yet to play at home, and on green decks as well for a huge bonus. Away wins are worth their weight in gold, so with a bit of luck in keeping our home dominance intact then we should hopefully give the ladder leading Tonkers a good run for their money for the remainder of the season.

mike778

Re: Season 22 League

Postby mike778 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:19 pm

Weak start to the season for us - suspect the team may be a bit past its best now as we struggled a touch at the back end of last season. Considering fast tracking a partial rebuild if we lose a tricky cup game on sunday.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:07 am

Weird things happening in England 2.1. Three games in, and not a single unbeaten team left, and not a single team without a win. 1st to last covered by just 5 points. Never seen such a tight league, this could be a fun one.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191102-070455.png
Screenshot_20191102-070455.png (192.41 KiB) Viewed 286 times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178
Trophy Cabinet: Empty except a shiny gold star from his teacher
Current Ability: Can fit 2 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once

conradij

Postby conradij » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Different league but T20 1.1 is similar but with a perfect gradation of points: 4 (bottom) to 11 (top) https://www.stumpedgame.com/league_tabl ... ague=20302
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am

Sitting ahead of Tonks on the table :clap:

Bizzarre game today against Jims XI. Batted first and scored 405, Kisame scored 128 with a SR of over 200 :shock: . You would think with 400 scored, I would have won easily...

I won just by 30runs! Managed to bowl them out in 47 overs thanks to Zander & Bronkhorst...otherwise entirely possible the total would have been chased down!

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:44 am

bumpuss wrote:Sitting ahead of Tonks on the table :clap:

Not any more. :P

It was a close match last Friday but we came away with a 20-run win against Fartland to move back on top of the AUS Div.1 table. At the halfway mark, it's very close at the top of the table. We lead by only 2 points, followed by last season's champs The Reds, with Fartland only 1 point back. It should be a very interesting second half of the season.
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Return to “Senior One Day Games”