Season 20

liquefry

Re: Season 20

Postby liquefry » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 am

ps congrats to everyone who will be in div 1 next year :)

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:09 am

Aus 1.1 end of season fielding stats:
Keepers
Westbrook (Tonks) 41 dismissals (38 c 3 s)
Dickens (rogue traders) 32 dismissals (31 c 1 s)
Nzuza (Jims) 31 dismissals (22 c 6 s 1 ro)
Cotterill (FI) 27 dismissals (24c 3s)
Sigwaxa (Outlaws) 20 dismissals (all catches)
Manzini (Reds) 22 dismissals (19 c 3 s)
Semi (fartland) 15 dismissals (all catches)
Anwar (Ricky) 12 dismissals (11c 1s)

Fielders
Hertford (rogue) 11 (6c 5ro)
Berrisford (Tonks) 8 (4c 4ro)
Roux (Ricky) 8 (7c 1ro)

Then stacks on 6.

Dickens (rogue) claimed the batting gold, Yeye (Fartland) the silver and Msenti (Jims) the bronze. I feel like they all hit tons against my team :D
Jeeri (Jims) took the bowling gold, Bowles (FI) the siler and Zakaria (Tonks) the bronze.

Quite a spread of medals there. Congrats again to Tonks for winning, and everyone else for securing their place. See you again in two seasons I hope!

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:08 am

Finished 3rd.

liquefry wrote:OK that was pretty bad. Fictionally Inclined lost the relegation battle by a lot. Ricky Town secured their place with a nice win over Outlaws making Jim's fantastic upset over Tonks unfortunately academic. FI humiliated yet again, it's been a pretty ordinary season overall in 50 over games. My bowling is fine but batting is sub-par... rebuild time I guess.

A good win against you, good to see Mbulazi scoring runs!

I will see you in the T20s next season :D

Rogue Traders almost had a chance of winning the title..but didnt perform so good near the end.

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Stole 2nd spot in Eng Div1 today after a tidy bowling performance from all my frontline bowlers bar the only quick.

We made a bad start, with Bolingbroke out for 1(4), before Sheldon and Bradfield recovered, slowly adding 47 for the 2nd wicket before Bradfield got out for 23 (his poor performances with the bat continue). Sheldon followed for 31 (44) before Shakoor and Konkar, in his last game for the club, took the game away from Raggs with a 134 run partnership, Konkar's 79 off 59 proving the difference.

Shakoor got out on 91 in a total of 274.

In reply, Raggs got off to a decent start before Azmat got the breakthrough. Bradfield then quickly dismissed the dangerous Aldred and then took Rai, too. Only Argyll, with 62n/o gave much more resistence, with Terry cleaning up the tail to claim 3-25.

All in all, a good season.

Sheldon our best batsman, with 607 runs at 43.36, followed by Konkar's 563 at 40.21. He'll be leaving soon to make space for youngsters coming through, specifically Malone and Napier, both potential internationals in waiting.

Tampoe rounded off the top 3 with 514 at 36.71.

Only 6 bowlers played for me this season, and one of those was a distinct part-timer, Tampoe picking up 1 wicket from just 24 balls all season.

Terry was the top wicket taker with his spin taking 25 at 28.12. Azmat and Bradfield then took 24 each at 27.54 and 30.96.

A disappointing return for Rangaraj, just 14 wickets at 41.50, while Bullock also suffered at times, with 15 wickets at 40.47. Needs to find his international form at club level!

As said, Konkar is leaving the club after 1805 runs over 45 50 over innings at 42.98. He leaves as 3rd on my all-time 50 over run maker behind Sheldon and Tampoe

mischivious

Postby mischivious » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 am

liquefry wrote:ps congrats to everyone who will be in div 1 next year :)

Unlucky mate, my team really doesn’t deserve to be there based on performance. We had to win the last 2 games and definitely needed the bonus point against yourselves, we delivered that but then tried our hardest to throw the game against The Outlaws, my target was 300 for batting first...! Thought I needed the bonus point!

I’ve really struggled to keep the interest in the game the last couple of seasons, missing too many orders and while I enjoy catching the matches after, I feel it’s all a bit too much for me to spend much time on.

Anyway, good luck getting promoted back, I’ll probably pass you on the way down...!

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:55 pm

mischivious wrote:
Unlucky mate, my team really doesn’t deserve to be there based on performance. We had to win the last 2 games and definitely needed the bonus point against yourselves, we delivered that but then tried our hardest to throw the game against The Outlaws, my target was 300 for batting first...! Thought I needed the bonus point!

Rubbish, you were the better team over the season and absolutely murdered my guys last week! The outlaws just played well this week.

Anyway hope that your interest is sparked again next season. I'm loving this at the moment. Will be hoping to see you again in div 1 refreshed and ready to smash me once more :D

Return to “Senior One Day Games”