Season 21 League Matches

Lunarlord34

Re: Season 21 League Matches

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:40 am

Back to back thrashings as Tonks has this in the bag, only thing remaining is if we get a BP or not here. Doubting it as only Chaudry has apparently remembered how to bowl. Just goes to show how poorly we batted in the last 30 overs and how make not making the most of your starts can bite you in the ass. Gonna be a frantic last 3 weeks now as we'll have to try and keep our 6 point buffer but if we continue this sort of form, wouldn't even beat a bot.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:34 am

Unlucky Lunar.

It was certainly a good day for my team. My death bowlers kept things tight and my batsmen brought their A-game today. I was pleased to see my batting unit find form today. They've been a bit inconsistent this season.

That win keeps the AUS Div.1 title race alive although The Reds still have a significant 6-point lead with 3 matches to play. The Reds are still the favourites to win the title but they are now under a little bit of pressure. It will be interesting to see what happens in the final three rounds...
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:53 pm

A round of games that has tightened everything up in ENG OD 1 with 3 games to go http://www.stumpedgame.com/league_table ... ague=19420

3 points between the top two: Chester Ducks and HalfDecent
2 points between 5th and 6th: me and Pest CCC.
+ Rags XI in 8th beat 1st and is now ten points off from safety
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:29 pm

conradij wrote:A round of games that has tightened everything up in ENG OD 1 with 3 games to go http://www.stumpedgame.com/league_table ... ague=19420

Very pleased with my win today. Spinners almost threw it away but managed to get there in the end.

Need as many points as I can, not going to challenge for the title, but need to keep my spot so I can perform next year.

Shakoor is on a season of 2 halves. A stunning 1st half, a terrible 2nd half with another single figure score today.

mike778

Postby mike778 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:24 am

Stomalomalus wrote:
conradij wrote:A round of games that has tightened everything up in ENG OD 1 with 3 games to go http://www.stumpedgame.com/league_table ... ague=19420

Very pleased with my win today. Spinners almost threw it away but managed to get there in the end.

Need as many points as I can, not going to challenge for the title, but need to keep my spot so I can perform next year.

Shakoor is on a season of 2 halves. A stunning 1st half, a terrible 2nd half with another single figure score today.

Congrats on the win ...

Never really truly got going with the bat although even players in the lower order contributed so we got a decent score. Checked the score just about Malone was out - to be honest was eyeing the 5 pointer then. Our death bowlers have been lethal in the last few seasons but they let me down.

Lead cut to 3 points. May be advantage HalfDecent now as they have home advantage next week on their dustbowl.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 pm

mike778 wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:

Congrats on the win ...

Never really truly got going with the bat although even players in the lower order contributed so we got a decent score. Checked the score just about Malone was out - to be honest was eyeing the 5 pointer then. Our death bowlers have been lethal in the last few seasons but they let me down.

Lead cut to 3 points. May be advantage HalfDecent now as they have home advantage next week on their dustbowl.

I bat quite deep. Spinners leaked runs, though, shouldn't have bowled them as much as I did. But only had 1 extra slot for a seamer anyway...

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:27 am

Congrats to Carthaginians for beating me today putting them in an almost unassailable position for promotion back to division 1. My OD tactics suck. Somehow I smashed it in the friendly league but couldn't beat weaker teams in my league division... sitting third despite a significant lead in expert previews.

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:04 am

AARGGHHHH.. that moment when you realised that you didn't finish setting your orders. Just put the bowlers I wnated to play into a system that would be accepted, with the intention of going back and sorting out fielding and spells.

Not sure which I'm more worried about... complete disaster or it working out better than usual :think:

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:22 pm

conradij wrote:AARGGHHHH.. that moment when you realised that you didn't finish setting your orders. Just put the bowlers I wnated to play into a system that would be accepted, with the intention of going back and sorting out fielding and spells.

Not sure which I'm more worried about... complete disaster or it working out better than usual :think:

Bowled them out for 230, and then won. Last time we played in OD we lost. I'll try to put it down to luck rather than a damning indictment of my tactics :oops:

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:34 pm

So close now in Div1.

Your win and my win have left 6 points between 3rd and 6th. It's going to go down to the wire.

And we play each other in the last round!

All to play for

Return to “Senior One Day Games”