Season 21 League Matches

Lunarlord34

Re: Season 21 League Matches

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:08 pm

No place like home eh? After two weeks on the road, it was good to be home as we thrashed Rebel Slaves by 7 wickets with about 13 overs remaining in the chase to reverse the damage done last week. Bell was the pick of the bowlers with 4-38 as the spin twins Parish and Shorten also took 2 and 1 each to Dizzy and Chaudry, who also bowled 4 maidens between them, restricted them to 222 all out in the 46th over.

Promoted Face to open the batting to hopefully chew up the majority of the chase and save Shorten for the cup, and it worked a treat as Face smoked them to all parts. He batted faster than his usually aggressive partner in Satin the entire innings, bringing up a run a ball fifty before Satin fell for 41, facing 20 more balls than I would've hoped for that score considering his aggression for the match as well. Though once Satin fell, Face really began to open up the shoulders, smoking 3 fours in a row at one point as he raced from 50 off 52, to 88 off 71 in the blink of an eye.

He knuckled down again for a while once we lost Ferguson and Ascott before picking things up shortly after Bowden also lifting the rr with a fine 41* of his own. Face soon brought up his 2nd SOD hundred, his first against uality opposition though and wasn't done there as he and Bowden guided us home in the 37th over, finishing unbeaten on 122 off 110 and thankfully taking the brunt of the condition drop for my other batsmen.

I also kept a reasonably close eye on the Tonkers/Ricky Town game and the real icing on the cake for the week was Ricky Town knocking off Tonks to make my job a hell of a lot easier for the next 2 weeks. Get a single point, and we'll have our first league senior title (or keep our +0.31 NRR difference over Tonks intact lol). Now, all we need to do is win on Monday and it'll almost be the perfect season (If only it was dev div 1 and t20 div 1 I was winning lol). Especially if we can keep our home dominance and win on Sunday to keep our cup dream alive.

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Big win against HalfDecent on their dustbowl has put us in a good position for 3 in a row. 6 points ahead with better run rate. Probably just need one more win but still time for us to throw it away.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

1934lions

Postby 1934lions » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 am

You'll get the win you need next week for sure. :D

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:No place like home eh? After two weeks on the road, it was good to be home as we thrashed Rebel Slaves by 7 wickets with about 13 overs remaining in the chase to reverse the damage done last week. Bell was the pick of the bowlers with 4-38 as the spin twins Parish and Shorten also took 2 and 1 each to Dizzy and Chaudry, who also bowled 4 maidens between them, restricted them to 222 all out in the 46th over.

Promoted Face to open the batting to hopefully chew up the majority of the chase and save Shorten for the cup, and it worked a treat as Face smoked them to all parts. He batted faster than his usually aggressive partner in Satin the entire innings, bringing up a run a ball fifty before Satin fell for 41, facing 20 more balls than I would've hoped for that score considering his aggression for the match as well. Though once Satin fell, Face really began to open up the shoulders, smoking 3 fours in a row at one point as he raced from 50 off 52, to 88 off 71 in the blink of an eye.

He knuckled down again for a while once we lost Ferguson and Ascott before picking things up shortly after Bowden also lifting the rr with a fine 41* of his own. Face soon brought up his 2nd SOD hundred, his first against uality opposition though and wasn't done there as he and Bowden guided us home in the 37th over, finishing unbeaten on 122 off 110 and thankfully taking the brunt of the condition drop for my other batsmen.

I also kept a reasonably close eye on the Tonkers/Ricky Town game and the real icing on the cake for the week was Ricky Town knocking off Tonks to make my job a hell of a lot easier for the next 2 weeks. Get a single point, and we'll have our first league senior title (or keep our +0.31 NRR difference over Tonks intact lol). Now, all we need to do is win on Monday and it'll almost be the perfect season (If only it was dev div 1 and t20 div 1 I was winning lol). Especially if we can keep our home dominance and win on Sunday to keep our cup dream alive.

Well played Lunar.

My batsmen continued their season of inconsistency by failing to chase a decent but somewhat modest total set by Ricky Town. RT's bowlers bowled very well. Tissera was the chief destroyer with 5/47. Congrats Ricky Town. :clap:

The Reds now have a 9 point lead with 2 matches to play. It looks likely that The Reds will win their first Div.1 title. Congrats Lunar. :clap:
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:36 pm

Well our team fluffed its lines today but thanks to Procrastinators holding off HalfDecent, we are English SOD champions and the first team ever to win it three times on the bounce. Well done us :thumbup:

Might be as good as it gets for us though (or this team anyway) - Saklani looks set to join the great Stumped recycle bin and some of our current players are starting to get on a bit (for Stumped that is).
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:26 pm

mike778 wrote:Well our team fluffed its lines today but thanks to Procrastinators holding off HalfDecent, we are English SOD champions and the first team ever to win it three times on the bounce. Well done us :thumbup:

Might be as good as it gets for us though (or this team anyway) - Saklani looks set to join the great Stumped recycle bin and some of our current players are starting to get on a bit (for Stumped that is).

It was all a bit topsy turvy in England Div1 today, with wins for the teams in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th meaning relegation will come down to the last game winner-takes-all match up between my Pest CCC and Pro Crastinators.

Today, Sheldon's century kept us in control for the whole time, while a couple of early wickets for Azmat allowed us to keep the boot on the neck before Bradfield's 4/29 cleaning them up for a BP win.

Unfortunately, Pro Crastinators beat HalfDecent, mlm beat Chester Ducks, and Setemares beat Indolent Devils. So I stay in the relegation spot.

1934lions

Postby 1934lions » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:44 am

Very unexpected win for my team but it ultimately didn't affect the top end of the table. Match of the season to avoid the last relegation spot next week. Best of luck to boh managers.

conradij

Postby conradij » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:55 am

Congratulations mike778!

Nail-biting that it will come down to a final game shoot out for survival :o
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:18 pm

conradij wrote:Congratulations mike778!

I would say best of luck, but...

:D

Here's to a great match.

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:48 pm

conradij wrote:Congratulations mike778!

Unlucky!

I managed to sneak up to 4th, too!

Sheldon's 73 took him past 1,000 for the season and 8,000 in total, joining Napier and Malone (who both scored well today too) to give me 3 1,000+ batsmen this season.

Chopra ended as my top wicket taker with 59 in all competitions.

Return to “Senior One Day Games”