Season 10 SOD

jdb93

Re: Season 10 SOD

Postby jdb93 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:39 pm

Disappointing performance, top order failed with the exception of Barr, and then the bowling was also poor with the exception of Ackers. Disappointing that Arulanantham took 4 wickets when he doesn't even get close to 50mph. Not sure why my bowlers' ball quality was so low either :? Anyway, well done on the win, was never really expecting to win anyway.
Manager of The Night Watchmen and former manager of Zimbabwe Image (Seasons 6-11)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Interesting to see the seamers had the higher ball rating.

Arulanantham is a dangerous customer, he is a wrist spinner with decent accuracy, he did better than he normally does granted but not unexpected.

I think the ball quality was low due to the bowling options on offer. Peach & Zaki are very very good bowlers and so that forced all the other bowlers ratings to be lower.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season!
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:56 pm

My team had a good 6 wicket win over GVE today.

Danny Varley was the star performer with a century in only his second competitive SOD match for my club. Varley scored 107 n.o. from 105 balls and he was well supported by Crawford and Mahmood who both scored half-centuries. :)
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (10 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

jdb93

Postby jdb93 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:03 pm

rtj45 wrote:Interesting to see the seamers had the higher ball rating.

Arulanantham is a dangerous customer, he is a wrist spinner with decent accuracy, he did better than he normally does granted but not unexpected.

I think the ball quality was low due to the bowling options on offer. Peach & Zaki are very very good bowlers and so that forced all the other bowlers ratings to be lower.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season!

True, I hadn't considered the effect of other bowlers on their ball quality. I really needed Farley to have a decent innings to stand a chance. If I avoid relegation I've had a good season and will be able to build for next season with the funds generated. I imagine that you'll be up there challenging for the title!
Manager of The Night Watchmen and former manager of Zimbabwe Image (Seasons 6-11)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:11 pm

I'd really really like to give Long leg Hookers a stuffing... its do-able with this team but it'll be tough. Waldron & Beige are looking strong enough to challenge for the title and in fact all 4 other teams including yours can certainly cause upsets but I think it'll be down to LLH & WRW.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:22 pm

rtj45 wrote:I'd really really like to give Long leg Hookers a stuffing... its do-able with this team but it'll be tough. Waldron & Beige are looking strong enough to challenge for the title and in fact all 4 other teams including yours can certainly cause upsets but I think it'll be down to LLH & WRW.

It's a very interesting league to watch from a neutral bystander's perspective. WRW have a very strong team, LLH have the most English Div.1 titles, Waldron and Beige are classy teams. All the teams in England Div.1 are strong - rather like the Aussie Div.1 league.
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (10 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup

James018

Postby James018 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:35 pm

tonk6464 wrote:My team had a good 6 wicket win over GVE today.

Danny Varley was the star performer with a century in only his second competitive SOD match for my club. Varley scored 107 n.o. from 105 balls and he was well supported by Crawford and Mahmood who both scored half-centuries. :)

We saw the downside of my tactic of loading up with allrounders today. On a pretty decent batting wicket my second-rate bowlers were cannon fodder for an excellent batting lineup, and 260 (while probably a par score under normal circumstances) never looked like being enough. At least we salvaged a bonus point.

I may have to start setting a very high MAS for all games, as the only way we can realistically win when batting first is to go very big.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:01 am

And time to kick start the last game of round 3. Hopefully we can put together some sort of show for the 10k+ fans at the ground today. Lost and toss and batting first. Good luck Tonk, winner gets into the top 3 ;)
Shelton and Taha need to get us off to a good start here.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:03 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:And time to kick start the last game of round 3. Hopefully we can put together some sort of show for the 10k+ fans at the ground today. Lost and toss and batting first. Good luck Tonk, winner gets into the top 3 ;)

Thanks Lunar. Good luck to you too. It should be a good contest.
Manager of The Tonkers

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:13 am

tonk6464 wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:And time to kick start the last game of round 3. Hopefully we can put together some sort of show for the 10k+ fans at the ground today. Lost and toss and batting first. Good luck Tonk, winner gets into the top 3 ;)

Thanks Lunar. Good luck to you too. It should be a good contest.

Knowing my team, it either will be or won't be.
Either way nice to see my words got through to them, so far no pushing at fives ;) It also helps that Tonk's ain't bowling many at the moment :lol: :clap: :thumbup:
EDIT: Ha.Ha.Ha
Very funny Taha :roll:
5.1 . Benson to Taha 122 kph 5/10 missing off
push
poorly timed
As soon as I mention not pushing at fives XD at least he didn't get out (this time)

Return to “Senior One Day Games”