Season 18

Lunarlord34

Re: Season 18

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:56 am

Today's pitch must be an absolute road, a 24 skilled bat is currently 42* from 22 balls against me :|
Title is as good as gone, gonna lose to last place to choke as per usual whenever we get into a title-winning position :oops:

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:47 am

Well, all the cards fell exactly as we needed them to and FI has claimed their first title! I'm a little surprised to be honest, I wouldn't say we're the strongest team in the league. Well played to everyone else, really it was anyone's title right up to the end and we just had better luck over the last few games.

Standouts for FI this season - the bowlers were the backbone of the team. All of them performed well, but Frederick Scott really played out of his skin as first change and death bowler, ending up as leading wicket taker in the division. Bob Hussey, the only remaining founding member of the team, also bowled well, and Ridout was economical if not the destructive force he's been in previous seasons. Of the batsmen Deol was the foundation of pretty much every winning game - if he didn't get a score, basically we didn't win. He had a solid season with the third highest runs total and fourth highest average in the division. Nikunj Mayuri was a big surprise for me, I picked him up as a bridging player a few games in to the season when I realised my youngsters weren't quite ready. He outperformed every other batsman in the team apart from Deol, giving the team a bit of the depth we needed as a steady, reliable opening bat - perhaps a lesson to me that it's a good idea to have at least one batsman capable of holding down their end!

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:42 am

Congratulations Liquefry on the win today and for winning your first Div.1 title! :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

That was one of the tightest seasons ever in AUS Div.1! Only 2 points separated first and fourth place!

I'm a bit disappointed with my team's patchy season. We won our first 4 matches, lost the next 3, won the next 4 and lost the last 3. Oh well, I hope we play much better on Friday...
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

James018

Postby James018 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Well done Liquefry! Great to see the underdog come through :thumbup:

We finished off by absolutely shellacking Ricky Town, which meant we were only two points off 1st in the end. Sums up our topsy turvy season, some dominant performances and some horror losses.

lightning

Postby lightning » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Today Liverpool Vikings wrapped up their 3rd T20 Div 1.1 title in 4 seasons.

The SOD title still eludes me.

mischivious

Postby mischivious » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:28 pm

James018 wrote:Well done Liquefry! Great to see the underdog come through :thumbup:

We finished off by absolutely shellacking Ricky Town, which meant we were only two points off 1st in the end. Sums up our topsy turvy season, some dominant performances and some horror losses.

I echo the congratulations here, well done!

Has been a horror show 2nd half of the season for my lads, we’ve thrown away the One Day title and had a possible T20 title challenge that sputtered out quickly and we had to win last week to make sure safety was comfortable.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks all :D

Return to “T20 Games”