Season 19

MOD-tonk6464

Season 19

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:02 am

We had an important game today against last season's AUS Div.1 champions Fictionally Inclined.

We sent FI into bat and they posted a reasonable score of 153. Deol was the pick of the batsmen with 51 from 38 balls whilst Scott's late cameo of 32 from 17 balls was very handy. Afridi was probably the best of the bowlers with 2/25 (Ehren got 3 wickets but was expensive).

Petrie and Berrisford made a good solid start to the run chase. They kept scoring a little above the required run rate. Petrie departed for 32 from 22 balls and Solkar continued scoring at a good rate. An excellent over by Hussey kept FI in the contest - he removed Berrisford and Davis in the same over. Nash then came to the crease and changed the momentum by smashing 3 fours off his first 3 balls. Solkar also lifted the tempo and finished the game off in style with 2 sixes. Solkar finished up with 68 n.o. from 38 balls and we won by 6 wickets with 2.4 overs to spare. :)

At the halfway mark of the season, we're on top with 7 wins from 7 matches. FI is 11 points behind in 2nd place and is closely followed by GVE, The Reds and Lauderdale.
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Simes

Re: Season 19

Postby Simes » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:23 pm

In an unexpected move, Malvern Pickersleigh are consistently doing well at T20. Previous seasons we've unstoppable one week and complete trash the following week. So much so that we find ourselves romping away with huge this week over Aarhusenier in this weeks top of the table clash in England's top flight. It's not every week my middle order crank out 150+ partnerships, especially in this format, but hell I'll take it. Top of the league at halfway.

I think this means that in a stable somewhere, there is at least one horseman of the apocalypse starting to saddle up.
Malvern Pickersleigh

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 pm

And in the minor leagues today, Iceni were away to Pink Panthers, a match played in a ploughed field. $6,250 was added to our bank account. Life is a bundle of fun in the third division.
Lizzie Mills ~ Image ~ Iceni Cricket Club
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=1492

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:33 am

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:At the halfway mark of the season, we're on top with 7 wins from 7 matches. FI is 11 points behind in 2nd place and is closely followed by GVE, The Reds and Lauderdale.

Dominating! You're looking at the double this season :).

Cubical

Postby Cubical » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 am

Simes wrote:In an unexpected move, Malvern Pickersleigh are consistently doing well at T20. Previous seasons we've unstoppable one week and complete trash the following week. So much so that we find ourselves romping away with huge this week over Aarhusenier in this weeks top of the table clash in England's top flight. It's not every week my middle order crank out 150+ partnerships, especially in this format, but hell I'll take it. Top of the league at halfway.

I think this means that in a stable somewhere, there is at least one horseman of the apocalypse starting to saddle up.

Well played - my batsmen are good in T20, but not good enough to catch that! :)
Manager of Aarhusianer

mike778

Postby mike778 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:15 pm

Simes wrote:In an unexpected move, Malvern Pickersleigh are consistently doing well at T20. Previous seasons we've unstoppable one week and complete trash the following week. So much so that we find ourselves romping away with huge this week over Aarhusenier in this weeks top of the table clash in England's top flight. It's not every week my middle order crank out 150+ partnerships, especially in this format, but hell I'll take it. Top of the league at halfway.

I'm sure you are a very nice person in real life.

But your team is a real pain in the backside in Stumped. Doesn't matter how good our form is, or what your results have been like, you always give us a good tonking. Or seems that way anyway :thumbdown:
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team
English SOD Champions - S19
Short League Champions - S19
Cup runners up -S17
2020 runners up -S18, S19

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 am

liquefry wrote:
MOD-tonk6464 wrote:At the halfway mark of the season, we're on top with 7 wins from 7 matches. FI is 11 points behind in 2nd place and is closely followed by GVE, The Reds and Lauderdale.

Dominating! You're looking at the double this season :).

We've had a very good half-season. But there's still a long way to go... ;)
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm

angeltoast wrote:And in the minor leagues today, Iceni were away to Pink Panthers, a match played in a ploughed field. $6,250 was added to our bank account. Life is a bundle of fun in the third division.

Feeling the division three woes myself here. Gunning to get myself out this division for this format this season - SOD league looks in the bag for promotion and hopefully a second half season revival of my DEV performances will see us hold division. Fingers crossed next season will see Stumps AA in 2nd division across the board :thumbup: fingers crossed!

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 pm

WaddyWoody wrote:Feeling the division three woes myself here. Gunning to get myself out this division for this format this season - SOD league looks in the bag for promotion and hopefully a second half season revival of my DEV performances will see us hold division. Fingers crossed next season will see Stumps AA in 2nd division across the board :thumbup: fingers crossed!

I'm resigned to one more season down here for the formats that count - Iceni are clinging to second place in SOD 3.2 and T20 3.4, and I don't expect us to beat the leaders. DEV is another matter - I don't play it for position or promotion, it is purely for training - but we could accidentally stumble into 2.2, as there are only two human managers in 3.5, so one of us is going to be promoted.
Lizzie Mills ~ Image ~ Iceni Cricket Club
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=1492

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 am

We gave GVE a complete thrashing today. GVE sent us into bat and we posted a decent score of 170 due mainly to good batting by Petrie, Berrisford and Solkar. Then my pace bowlers totally destroyed the GVE batting lineup. Parmar, Boreham, Afridi and Layton were on fire as they bowled GVE out for just 55. :)

We're now 9 from 9 so far this season. :)

Return to “T20 Games”