Season 22

MOD-tonk6464

Re: Season 22

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:07 am

We got flogged by The Reds on Wednesday. Congrats and well played Lunar. :clap:

In AUS Div.1, The Reds are now safe in 2nd with 37 points. Fartland, GVE and Ricky Town are all on 34 points. FI is in 6th in 31 points. Lauderdale is now out of the running to remain in Div.1 on 24 points.

There will be some very interesting final round matches in the battle to avoid relegation. FI must win their match to have a chance of remaining in Div.1, whilst Fartland, GVE and Ricky Town are potentially in danger. Good luck everyone.
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (9 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:13 am

Thanks. Relegation beckons unfortunately as our last game is against the resurgent Reds!

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:51 am

liquefry wrote:Thanks. Relegation beckons unfortunately as our last game is against the resurgent Reds!

They aren't unbeatable. No one is.
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (9 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:19 am

Yeah, knowing my boys after such a fantastic (and unexpected) win where almost everything went right for is...this week they'll forget their bats and bowl nothing but pies. There's a reason why we have a 7/6 record this season....

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 pm

I mean, wasn't far off on bowling lots of pies. Fortunately we won the high scoring affair at home today after posting a monster 6-240 (Which might be the highest score for the season? I know I scored 235 a few weeks back against RT) mostly off the back of Face's maiden T20 ton, to go with his first 50 he scored earlier this season also against fictionally inclined. A splattering of cameos, especially Ellery's jaw dropping 25 off 6 balls at the death, boosted the total while Face was the mainstay of the innings with 127 off 53 balls. In response, Bell and Dizzy regularly got breakthroughs as really only Patankar looked like reigning in the target as he plastered Shorten, Chaudry and Bell in particular around the ground. Though when Bell got the captain out in the 18th over, their back was broken as they collapsed under the sheer RRR (needing 41 runs off 2 overs will do that) as Dizzy and Bell ran through the lower middle order and tail to have them finish on 9-214, an otherwise respectable total but alas not enough.

Bell was outstanding as the batsmen looked to target him, taking 5-46 to also finish the league as the leading wicket-taker (with 32 wickets), which he had been in the running to finish as for awhile. Sowed up 2nd place with the win as Face also finishes off a breakout season as the 4th leading runscorer. Although looking at our batsmen's averages and seeing only 2 bowlers on the leading wicket-takers list (Chaudry was next best with 23), we still have a lot of work to do next season as our best was a measly 32.75. Though Ascott and Face finished 2nd and 3rd in the 6's respectively, hitting 38 between them.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:17 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:I mean, wasn't far off on bowling lots of pies. Fortunately we won the high scoring affair at home today after posting a monster 6-240 (Which might be the highest score for the season? I know I scored 235 a few weeks back against RT) mostly off the back of Face's maiden T20 ton, to go with his first 50 he scored earlier this season also against fictionally inclined. A splattering of cameos, especially Ellery's jaw dropping 25 off 6 balls at the death, boosted the total while Face was the mainstay of the innings with 127 off 53 balls. In response, Bell and Dizzy regularly got breakthroughs as really only Patankar looked like reigning in the target as he plastered Shorten, Chaudry and Bell in particular around the ground. Though when Bell got the captain out in the 18th over, their back was broken as they collapsed under the sheer RRR (needing 41 runs off 2 overs will do that) as Dizzy and Bell ran through the lower middle order and tail to have them finish on 9-214, an otherwise respectable total but alas not enough.

Bell was outstanding as the batsmen looked to target him, taking 5-46 to also finish the league as the leading wicket-taker (with 32 wickets), which he had been in the running to finish as for awhile. Sowed up 2nd place with the win as Face also finishes off a breakout season as the 4th leading runscorer. Although looking at our batsmen's averages and seeing only 2 bowlers on the leading wicket-takers list (Chaudry was next best with 23), we still have a lot of work to do next season as our best was a measly 32.75. Though Ascott and Face finished 2nd and 3rd in the 6's respectively, hitting 38 between them.

That was a good match to watch. When you posted 240, I thought Fictionally Inclined were gone. But to their credit they put up a big fight there. Face's rapid century was brilliant. Patankar for FI was brutal as well. Congrats on the 2nd place finish Lunar. Commiserations Liquefry but I'm sure we'll see you back in Div.1 again soon.

I was pleased to see my batsmen return to form as they posted 208 against Globetrotters. Sabir was the best of the batsmen with 80 from 58 balls. The Globetrotters put up a good fight in reply. The leading six hitter of the comp, Heyward smashed 4 of them and was dangerous but Zakaria got him out for 36 from 17 bals. Globetrotters were bowled out for 159. 4 wickets to Cowdrey.

Hrishabh Solkar was the leading run-scorer of the league, whilst Sabir gets the silver medal. Afridi and Cowdrey finished 2nd and 3rd on the leading wicket takers list. Congrats to Lunar's Zack Bell on being the leading wicket taker for the league. :)
Manager of The Tonkers

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:24 am

Yeah my guys didn't have a great season, lost too many games that we should have won by skill level... unfortunately this makes it my fault not the players!

On the plus side we gained promotion in SOD so at least we're not totally done for next season!

Return to “T20 Games”