Season 12

MOD-tonk6464

Re: Season 12

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 am

rtj45 wrote:
Ravenprince wrote:
tonk6464 wrote:Congrats on securing the Div.1 T20 and SOD double Ravenprince. :clap:

Thanks tonk! Congrats on your title too.

Congratulations to both of you on your respective T20 titles :thumbup:

Cheers Rtj :)

Congratulations to you on your Div.1 T20 title this season. :clap:
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 am

tonk6464 wrote:
rtj45 wrote:
Ravenprince wrote:Thanks tonk! Congrats on your title too.

Congratulations to both of you on your respective T20 titles :thumbup:

Cheers Rtj :)

Congratulations to you on your Div.1 T20 title this season. :clap:

Haha thanks, :)
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

xmarra

Postby xmarra » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:01 am

Well it was all happening on the last day of the T20 season in the top division of New Zealand

http://www.stumpedgame.com/league_table ... ague=11147

Any 2 teams from myself (durham elite), nelson and my fellow new zealand manager Northland Settlers could have been relegated.

Nelson played bottom side and already relegated shaws kiwis, Northland Settlers played mid table Elite and i was pitted against title chasing Fanos.

Going into the last game i had 3 point advantage over Nelson and 1 point over Northland settlers. To me Nelson was my biggest threat as they were playing shaws kiwis who by their own admission haven't had the season they expected!

I managed to set a decent total in my game of 170 odd so was confident of at least a bonus point but worried about Nelson. Northland Settlers were bowled out for about 90 odd so they were out the equation. Thankfully shaws kiwis played really well and beat Nelson soni was safe!

However twist is, that bonus point I took off Fanos gave Oxfam rejects the opportunity to win the league if they won all 5 points, which they did!

I'm over the moon i managed to stay up in my first season and look forward to cutting that 14 point gap down from Elite and Lamb XI. Also look forward to a rivalry with Fanos who more than likely isn't too happy with my performance against him which cost him the league.
Manager of Durham Elite & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 2.1, season 11
Winners of DEV 2.3, season 12
Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16 & 17

Winner of International T20 - Season 12
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

Ranji2 Finalist

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:42 am

xmarra wrote:I'm over the moon i managed to stay up in my first season and look forward to cutting that 14 point gap down from Elite and Lamb XI. Also look forward to a rivalry with Fanos who more than likely isn't too happy with my performance against him which cost him the league.

I imagine he probably is! :P Well played and congratulations on staying in the top flight!

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:59 am

I think Long Leg Hookers just got relegated after being first at the halfway mark :o .

jdb93

Postby jdb93 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 pm

A sublime unbeaten century from Johnnie Farley (122 from 57 balls, he's now scored 260 runs unbeaten in his last two club innings) helped us to a comfortable 81 run win against East Anglian Aliens. And, after RK suffered a heavy defeat against The Stiffs (thanks tedthomas!) we've been promoted back to Div 1! :D
Manager of The Night Watchmen and former manager of Zimbabwe Image (Seasons 6-11)

rogue

Postby rogue » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:06 pm

heavily brutalised a bot to finish top of my div 2 league.

cato performed the special feat of bowling three maidens and taking 3-0! :lol:
side was bowled out for 58, which was chased down quickly by a pair of bowlers...

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Destroyed the Warriors again but didn't matter much since we were rooted to fifth place :lol: Only annoyed that we didn't bat first, Spark missed out on leading runscorer by 8 runs! (He did get out a run to win too so couldn't get it anyway at that point)
But happy that they batted out their overs for a paltry 8-85, Bish taking 2-9 with a maiden while opening the bowling on a green deck :lol: Fowkes 3-21, Marwood and Zephane chipped in with one apiece and Charu took the outstanding figures of 1-9. In reply the aggressive duo of Spark and Sitch (yep, he opened today in seaming, swinging conditions :lol: ) blasted the runs 8 overs just about as Spark got out with scores level on a neat 50 off 28 balls that feature 4 massive sixes! Sitch scored a rapid 31* and Ernst hit a four (also the winning runs) off the only ball he faced after also taking a nice catch and was decent behind the stumps today..
So while we didn't get much batting training, we did get max bowling training so a plus there! Might try a tad harder to promote next season as well, as this one was more about putting out a few youngsters who will be in the dev side next season.
rtj45 wrote:I think Long Leg Hookers just got relegated after being first at the halfway mark :o .

The very definition of choking :lol:

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:51 am

We finished off the season with a bang against Rowdy's Bulldogs.

Duncan Petrie destroyed the Bulldogs with an excellent century - 116 from 57 balls. He finished as the leading run scorer in Div.1. :) Chris Davis also produced a fine half century - 50 from 36 balls. A total of 222 was a marvellous tribute to the late, great Richie Benaud. The Bulldogs gave the chase a good crack but the total proved too high as they were bowled out for 175. :)
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

tavtab

Postby tavtab » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:49 am

xmarra wrote:
Also look forward to a rivalry with Fanos who more than likely isn't too happy with my performance against him which cost him the league.

Honestly I don't resent that at all. I wouldn't expect to get 5 against you - although I was certainly trying and set pretty aggressive orders, because I was worried that Lamb might rest players and gift Oxfam 5 points. As it was Lamb put out a good team but still failed to get the bonus point chasing a modest total - which was annoying, but not undeserved for Oxfam.

Return to “T20 Games”