Season 21

Lunarlord34

Re: Season 21

Postby Lunarlord34 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:40 am

Or maybe not and we win well regardless as a couple of younger players stepped up. Hales been the surprise this season with another fine 46, and another squad ‘filler’ in Mdlobhiya top scored with 61 before Gumede finished things off. All blokes I’m looking to replace at some point but handy jobs nonetheless

Malvo

Postby Malvo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:22 pm

We clinched our seventh consecutive Division 1 DEV title today. The race was neck and neck up until last week. Thanks to Bobman for pushing us that hard, next season should be even tighter with us losing four key players throughout.
DEV-only since Season 15
Australia Division 1 DEV Champions: Season 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Crazily close games in ENG DEV 2.2 http://www.stumpedgame.com/league_table ... ague=19382

mlmotplgc beat west row wyverns by 2 wickets
The brazilians beat bigfish juniors by 3 runs
And apparently I beat yorkshire puddings by 0 wickets. Although I think technically I won by 1 wicket as my tenth "wicket" fell to a run our after we scored the winning run

The only comfortable win was by Stellar Soldiers who also comfortably secured their promotion to DEV 1 :clap:
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:40 am

So I made the silly mistake of selling my wicketkeeper with two must-win games left in the Dev season

Last game we lost defending 189, and the replacement keeper (skill of 3) did drop a catch early in the defence. I suspect this costed us the game.

In today's must-win game we're bowling first, and yet again he drops a catch early - the batsman in question ended up belting 38 from 29 balls

What's worse is that this dropping epidemic has spread to the rest of the XI - we've dropped a total of 6 catches in 13.4 overs! They are at 102/1

Bye bye Div 1 Dev title :( Also means I won't accomplish the treble either

Lesson learnt - don't sell your keeper without already having a backup grooomed.

Odin

Postby Odin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:31 am

Super exciting end to the SL DEV season.

I won my game against Faisal with plenty to spare, putting me in a safe second.
All Loarwood sign had to do was win against 8th place Jaffna Jets. The Jets put up a reasonable total, and bowled well in the tail, leaving Loarwood with 2 runs to win, 2 wickets in hand.
They dropped a wicket, so 2 runs needed, 1 wicket left. If the runs, they win the league. If the wicket, I win the league!
Almost 2 overs of dot balls of Loarwood's #10 and #11 (who aren't known for their batting) when finally, a 4. Obviously I was disappointed, but what a great way to win the league! :clap:

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Kaalki smashes another century bu we aren't best placed as a club atm and need some rebuild time.

However, I've been following the strong youth set ups in div 1 all season where many of the top scorers are young english guns. Some absolutely mammoth scores by certain aggressive batsmen have made it quite an exciting title race until Peachy Pups stole a victory from Pest CCC before smashing Castle Dragons the week after to take 1st place.

However there is stil one battle yet to be decided and it is that of top run scorer, Minhas and Kennedy are going at it like mad. Kennedy needs to get within 13 runs of Minhas' score to stand a chance. Great to see English talent on offer. Both players have held off big names like Stockley, Merry and Jawad to be the best two this season.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:25 pm

rtj45 wrote:Kaalki smashes another century bu we aren't best placed as a club atm and need some rebuild time.

However, I've been following the strong youth set ups in div 1 all season where many of the top scorers are young english guns. Some absolutely mammoth scores by certain aggressive batsmen have made it quite an exciting title race until Peachy Pups stole a victory from Pest CCC before smashing Castle Dragons the week after to take 1st place.

However there is stil one battle yet to be decided and it is that of top run scorer, Minhas and Kennedy are going at it like mad. Kennedy needs to get within 13 runs of Minhas' score to stand a chance. Great to see English talent on offer. Both players have held off big names like Stockley, Merry and Jawad to be the best two this season.

Kennedy 132*
Minhas 144*

Kennedy wins top scorer by 1 run. :o
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:04 pm

rtj45 wrote:
rtj45 wrote:Kaalki smashes another century bu we aren't best placed as a club atm and need some rebuild time.

Kennedy 132*
Minhas 144*

Kennedy wins top scorer by 1 run. :o

lol.

He was the one man wrecking ball against me :p

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:59 am

Malvo wrote:We clinched our seventh consecutive Division 1 DEV title today. The race was neck and neck up until last week. Thanks to Bobman for pushing us that hard, next season should be even tighter with us losing four key players throughout.

I did my bit - 1 point total :roll:

Return to “Development Games”