Season 22

bumpuss

Season 22

Postby bumpuss » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Started season 22 with a win! All thanks to Kisame who scored 161* :lol:

Should be a good season, a few upsets here and there will make things interesting.

Malvo

Re: Season 22

Postby Malvo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:22 am

My goodness! I think we just snuck home with the bonus point in a likely title decider. 5.15 RR against 6.46 RR, but off 32.3 overs. Usually expect to have to win in 32 overs to get the bonus point batting second.

Oooof, bonus point win confirmed. Bobs' 10th wicket partnership almost cost us that extra point. The bonus point is massive. Sends us two points clear rather than equal on points and only ahead by 0.10 NRR.
DEV-only since Season 15
Australia Division 1 DEV Champions: Season 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Bobman3000

Postby Bobman3000 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:41 am

Malvo wrote:My goodness! I think we just snuck home with the bonus point in a likely title decider. 5.15 RR against 6.46 RR, but off 32.3 overs. Usually expect to have to win in 32 overs to get the bonus point batting second.

Oooof, bonus point win confirmed. Bobs' 10th wicket partnership almost cost us that extra point. The bonus point is massive. Sends us two points clear rather than equal on points and only ahead by 0.10 NRR.

that is the title deciding match as I dont see anyone else taking a point off you yet alone winning (and i am probably going to lose to someone as I always do, it will probably being Lunar).
but I see we both wanted to bowl first as I wanted to avoid having to bowl to your team chasing with that tail

Malvo

Postby Malvo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:04 am

Bobman3000 wrote:
Malvo wrote:My goodness! I think we just snuck home with the bonus point in a likely title decider. 5.15 RR against 6.46 RR, but off 32.3 overs. Usually expect to have to win in 32 overs to get the bonus point batting second.

that is the title deciding match as I dont see anyone else taking a point off you yet alone winning (and i am probably going to lose to someone as I always do, it will probably being Lunar).
but I see we both wanted to bowl first as I wanted to avoid having to bowl to your team chasing with that tail

I wouldn't say it's over just yet. I'm certainly due a loss to a significantly lower rated side.

I was going to bat first up until one minute before the game :lol: . It was a weird pitch. Once a partnership got going the runs flowed (e.g. van Zyl and Farlow, Randall and Donaldson), but other than those two partnerships and Randall and Boardman wickets just kept falling.

Also, Holmes and Patel graduate in the next couple of weeks. Cricfanxi can certainly beat me. You also are probably favourite to win the title next season, a lot of my team graduates next season as well.
DEV-only since Season 15
Australia Division 1 DEV Champions: Season 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Return to “Development Games”