Season 23

Lunarlord34

Season 23

Postby Lunarlord34 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:51 am

Back to back wins for the boys to start the season off in impressive fashion, though I fear for when Donda is no longer in the team come later in the season (we've already somewhat prepared for Ellery to leave at any rate). He picked up another 3 wickets today, as did the skipper Ntombela. Neither newcomers Innman or Hafeez made an impact with the ball really, though Hafeez was good up front with the new ball. Kudesia and Mduli were expensive, though they picked up 4 wickets between them to bowl them out for 232 in response to our 8-256.

That total was off the back of a new look batting line-up, with Ellery rested for senior duties and due to playing the cup yesterday so both newcomers came and Hale was sold, so a fair bit of tinkering was needed. New opener Alder was run-out cheaply before Brandis also fell cheaply to have is in trouble early days, before a solid 108 run stand between keeper/bat Back and his usual opening partner in Galu got us back on track. Back fell for a well compiled 63, making it two 50's on the trott for the young man, with Rodgers soon also perishing looking for quick runs. Galu kept on keeping on though, motoring past fifty as he looked to push the accelerator with newcomer Hafeez, though he went for one big shot too many when on 99 and was caught behind agonizingly short of his 2nd dev 100, also making it 2 50's on the trott. Hafeez fell for an aggressive 30 soon after as Innman had an entertaining cameo as wickets tumbled around him. 256 was enough though in the end, so will take 4 points as we look to stay afloat.

bumpuss

Re: Season 23

Postby bumpuss » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:16 am

Lost my first two games. Would have been nice to win the first as it would helped in trying to avoid demotion!

Looks like Bobs XI will win, with Lauderdale, Tonks & Dirty Sanchez fighting completing the top 4. Cricfan XI have a solid so I wont be surprised if they end up in teh top 4 as well.

Sydnicate will finish at the bottom gauranteed. Niteville and myself will try our to best to avoid demotion. Thats my prediction anyway, a few upsets here and there could change everything as usual.

Return to “Development Games”