Season 21

liquefry

Season 21

Postby liquefry » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:47 am

Now season 21 but I did say my guys would be outclassed... the core of the team that got us to 1.1 has aged out or has been promoted to main squad, and the remnant is getting hammered in every game! Lost this week to Fargo Syndicate by a massive 215 runs :shock:

Malvo

Re: Season 21

Postby Malvo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 am

liquefry wrote:Now season 21 but I did say my guys would be outclassed... the core of the team that got us to 1.1 has aged out or has been promoted to main squad, and the remnant is getting hammered in every game! Lost this week to Fargo Syndicate by a massive 215 runs :shock:

I wouldn't worry too much, my club is solely geared toward DEV success, not really a fair fight.

In saying that, Bobs XI have emerged as a serious contender this season, beating us by 6 runs (let's not talk about the batting collapse.... :lol: ). They did however lose another game, leaving us in front by 1 point. If results continue how they should, we'll be in a playoff for the title in week 13 at Bobs XI's home ground.

Edit: forgot to mention we're still in the cup, despite trying to throw every game since the first round. :lol:
DEV-only since Season 15
Australia Division 1 DEV Champions: Season 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:14 am

One of my most successful ever DEV players, Tim Pipe, just hit 22, thought I'd pay tribute to his career: In 76 DEV games he hit 2169 runs at 41, and took 51 wickets at 20 with his part time bowling.

These figures put him at third on my all-time DEV batting list, behind Jonathan Betteridge (scored 8000 runs in senior games for FI) and Ikjot Deol (has so far scored 11700 runs for FI seniors). I hope he emulates those two! As a late bloomer I'm hoping he will still be scoring runs for FI for seasons to come. Not sure his part time pie-chucking will be quite as important though :D.

Malvo

Postby Malvo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:44 am

So close! Five 6's in a row, then a two to bring up the 16 ball 50 for Rayleigh. It's an absolute massacre from Rayleigh and Awbury.
DEV-only since Season 15

MOD-tonk6464

Season 21

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:22 am

;)
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (8 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Malvo

Postby Malvo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 am

Big upset in the Australian Div 1 title race. Outlaws defeated second place Bobs XI by 3 wickets. Ludewig with a superb 114 off 76 carried them to victory.

The result opens up a five point gap between Bobs XI and myself. We face each other next week, with a Syndicate win ensuring the title returns for a seventh consecutive season.
DEV-only since Season 15

Malvo

Postby Malvo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:03 am

Malvo wrote:Big upset in the Australian Div 1 title race. Outlaws defeated second place Bobs XI by 3 wickets. Ludewig with a superb 114 off 76 carried them to victory.

The result opens up a five point gap between Bobs XI and myself. We face each other next week, with a Syndicate win ensuring the title returns for a seventh consecutive season.

Wait, how did Ludewig not get man of the match? Scored more runs off less balls than Thakkur.
DEV-only since Season 15

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:05 am

Malvo wrote:
Malvo wrote:Big upset in the Australian Div 1 title race. Outlaws defeated second place Bobs XI by 3 wickets. Ludewig with a superb 114 off 76 carried them to victory.

Wait, how did Ludewig not get man of the match? Scored more runs off less balls than Thakkur.

My only guess is the not out :?:

I also have a season defining match next week as we contrived to throw away the BP today against the managerless, 26k outfit we played. Donda + Pritha, surberb though the latter was unlucky, and replacement Spicer was good but hoping I can get Miller to recover in time for my match against 2nd place Mind Flayers, whom we have a 6 point gap over as it stands. A win gets us back to div 1, where we can receive some thrashings from yourself which I sure look forward to :think: :roll: (PS: Please bat first against me, at least I can maximise bowling training :lol: )
However a loss will mean either only a 1 or 3 point lead, and maybe NRR, which means we'll have to win the last game.

Malvo

Postby Malvo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:My only guess is the not out

I also have a season defining match next week as we contrived to throw away the BP today against the managerless, 26k outfit we played. Donda + Pritha, surberb though the latter was unlucky, and replacement Spicer was good but hoping I can get Miller to recover in time for my match against 2nd place Mind Flayers, whom we have a 6 point gap over as it stands. A win gets us back to div 1, where we can receive some thrashings from yourself which I sure look forward to (PS: Please bat first against me, at least I can maximise bowling training )
However a loss will mean either only a 1 or 3 point lead, and maybe NRR, which means we'll have to win the last game.

Ah, yes probably the not out. Clearly Ludewig deserved MotM though.

I think it will take something special, and probably quite comical, for you to not promote with a 6 point lead. Seems there are no standout teams coming up like last season (Bobs XI promoted rating near 55k).
DEV-only since Season 15

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:43 am

Malvo wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:My only guess is the not out

I also have a season defining match next week as we contrived to throw away the BP today against the managerless, 26k outfit we played. Donda + Pritha, surberb though the latter was unlucky, and replacement Spicer was good but hoping I can get Miller to recover in time for my match against 2nd place Mind Flayers, whom we have a 6 point gap over as it stands. A win gets us back to div 1, where we can receive some thrashings from yourself which I sure look forward to (PS: Please bat first against me, at least I can maximise bowling training )

Ah, yes probably the not out. Clearly Ludewig deserved MotM though.

I think it will take something special, and probably quite comical, for you to not promote with a 6 point lead. Seems there are no standout teams coming up like last season (Bobs XI promoted rating near 55k).

idk, our batting is trash. Lost our only good bat in Face to being 22 about half-way so going to rely heavily on Donda and Pritha to get us through today and next week.
And seeing as we look to be chasing around 180 on a very worn deck, looking doubtful we'll win this week unless Back and Galu play some blinders.

Return to “Development Games”