Short League 3

angeltoast

Re: Short League 3

Postby angeltoast » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:24 pm

I'm not normally much into friendlies, but I'm excited to be part of this league :clap:
Lizzie Mills ~ Image ~ Iceni Cricket Club
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=1492

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:58 am

What is the protocol where a challenge has been sent by the home team but not taken?
Also, where a home team has not sent out a challenge, should the away team send a challenge?

Lalithkumark

Postby Lalithkumark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:08 am

angeltoast wrote:What is the protocol where a challenge has been sent by the home team but not taken?
Also, where a home team has not sent out a challenge, should the away team send a challenge?

I would say being the first season where we are arranging games based manual challenges, lets send the challenge even if being the away team.
Just post the copy paste text of the challenge on the respective thread so that we are aware who made the challenge. :)

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 am

Thanks Lalith

Lalithkumark

Postby Lalithkumark » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:52 am

Updated the Fixtures Status of the Tiers. Have a look at the respective Tier's Fixtures post.
Couple of Games yet to be arranged for the Opening Weekend. But not bad considering i havent followed up teams via IGM.. So Good going everyone..!! :thumbup:

Lalithkumark

Postby Lalithkumark » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:13 am

First Round Games Up and Running today..!!
All the Best Everyone..!! ;)

Lalithkumark

Postby Lalithkumark » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:24 am

Friendly Slots Open till 31st Jan..!! Please go ahead and send/accept challenges. :)

Lalithkumark

Postby Lalithkumark » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:04 am

Rule Alert..!!

If the teams arrange duplicate games on the same date against the same ShortLeague Opponent,
- The Earliest Start time match will be considered official.
If the start times are the same,
- The First one that appears on the Fixtures page will be considered official.

But i would request the teams to try and avoid arranging these duplicate games to avoid confusion.

samir

Postby samir » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Leagues 1, 2 and 3 seem to quite competitive and close this time around.

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:09 am

Hi Lalith,

Great job in organizing all four tiers. Though people underestimated Tier 4, that one turned out to be a mammoth ride of 18 games and very much interactive than my very own Tier 3. Hopefully, I may move on to Tier 2 or play a play-off depending upon today's result against Venka Warriors.

However, I request you to consider removing the concept of bonus points for the next edition of Short League 4.

Though Stumped engine has it still operative, it is out of real Cricket and it should be out here as well. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever, in placing a team which had lost more matches at a higher place. People might argue for encouragement and finding the better team. But, your calculation of NRR with three decimals itself does it.

Balls remaining, runs scored, all will count in NRR calc. Number of wins always should take precedence and if you'd equal, then NRR is there to decide the winner. Why bonus points? It will reduce work for you too.

Please get away with it, as it is completely unacceptable and illogical to see a team with more losses pipping on the count of bonus points alone. Also, it widens the gap between some teams in a very big way, which takes the fuzz out of it.

Can't put more valid arguments than this. Kindly consider.

Ashok.
Last edited by ashok36 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Friendly Competitions”