England Squad Season 18

Lunarlord34

Re: England Squad Season 18

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:07 pm

ashok36 wrote:I might sound a bit boorish here, but my guy Wright popped up to 44 and he's just 20 years old in red hot form.

Requesting the England management (@rtj) to consider him for the squad. If you are gonna use him in the upcoming ODI season, at least confirm the same.

I could see lot of mediocre players getting chances in the English T20I and ODI sides. (Don't ask me who am I referring to... :D :lol: )

Use him or let him be an asset in my club team forever, who didn't play because of useless politics, just like the real Cricket. (Oh my God, I'm in blaming mood right now... 8-) )

Ashok
Indolent Devils.

He isn't good enough for England yet, simple enough. No politics in play. And considering their table position, I'm struggling to see these 'mediocre' selections :yawn: (Though I do consider Aust an interesting selection, I remember trying to get him on the market and I didn't think he was good enough at the time let alone now)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote: (Though I do consider Aust an interesting selection, I remember trying to get him on the market and I didn't think he was good enough at the time let alone now)

:mrgreen:

Hint:

3 spinners from England this season: Temple 5 matches 7wickets ave 25.43 Economy 8.93, Aust 3 matches 4 wickets ave 18.25 economy 9.13, Anwar 3matches 3 wickets ave 37.00 Economy 9.50.

Without knowing the skills who do you think has the higher skill set, its impossible to tell. That's the secret of an unbalanced player with a valuable trait.
Manager of West Row Warriors
Winner of all available titles in Season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Former world #1

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 am

OK, let me give my honest assessment.

You guys strive more on skillset numbers. 45 looks better to you than 44. In this case, you have to look at the overall records and stats. Johnie Farley is 45 and my guy is 44. Do a comparison of records and consider the age as well. I agree with Farley's experience, but my guy also stands out. Unless given a chance, how would you know?

Well, who should I name as mediocre? There are so many. You do a person-to-person comparison of all your batsmen with Wright and tell me, is he not better than at least 3 or 4 of your squad members?

Alex Aust might be a good player but what are his skill numbers and stats? 38 bowling and 27 batting? Where are your so-called high standards? I could point out a few more players with 37 or 38 bowling skills with 32 or 34+ batting skills in my own team and other teams, who are not selected to Eng NAT. You guys react as if you won't even select somebody who is below 45, then what's the basis for Aust? You may have your own reasons, which I don't want to comment.

This is not the case just with the England team. There are so many awesome players who are playing at the club level who aren't getting enough chances at NAT, either because of monopoly/favoritism at the NAT mgmt level or because people like me have no time to contest an election and manage a team.

Again, I am NOT pinpointing English management or any other country specifically. These are just my views. Apologies if I had said anything hurtful.

Ash.
Last edited by ashok36 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:10 am

And as a proof point of his batting skills, Malcolm Wright scored his 13th century (7th in DEV, 6 already in SOD) today in a DEV 1.1 game against the table toppers in just 67 balls. He ended up scoring 132 runs in 84 balls, albeit in a losing cause.

lightning

Postby lightning » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm

ashok36 wrote:And as a proof point of his batting skills, Malcolm Wright scored his 13th century (7th in DEV, 6 already in SOD) today in a DEV 1.1 game against the table toppers in just 67 balls. He ended up scoring 132 runs in 84 balls, albeit in a losing cause.

That doesn't show he's good enough for international standard. there's a huge gap between Dev matches and international matches.

The simple fact is he needs more experience … keep playing him and he will.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 pm

It is the whole picture of the squad we consider and thus this means we inevitably leave out a lot of big names. Farley is a monster (46) bat who has amassed 2300 international runs. He is better than Wright but there are many in the squad who aren't and many who are who don't feature in the squad.

In all, Wright is just a number in the list of good bats we have. We try our best with the assets we have to get as good as results as possible.

Although saying this, Wright probably will play a part very soon and as Lightning says experience will decide when.
Manager of West Row Warriors
Winner of all available titles in Season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Former world #1

Return to “England”