ashok36

Re: England Squad Season 18

Postby ashok36 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 pm

And he pops up to 46 this week.

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Vaughan86 wrote:Hi Ash,

I wouldn’t usually comment on posts like this as I’m not part of any Nat set up but it seems that you are getting pretty upset that wright isn’t in the squad. And feel it may be personal

Looking at his current skill of 45 he might be good enough to make 1 of the minor nations teams but that would be pretty borderline.
A nation like England I would imagine of the 5 pure bats in the line up,none would have a current batting skill under 46.
And even then if he was higher in his current skill his woeful fielding would put him behind others.

Performance at club level don’t mean to much really as the nat teams won’t be playing against div 2 clubs.
I hope this makes you feel a bit better about the situation and maybe I’m wrong and he will make the squad this season

Vaughan

He played games in Div 1.1 as well. My team got relegated due to poor performances, but his individual performances were always superior. Now he popped up to 46, you can't say he doesn't deserve it. Div 1.1 and 2.1 or 2 or 3, has many teams which has NAT players and mostly an average about 60K power. I agree on the fielding part, but if you see any NAT team, people with lesser fielding skills have been selected. Look at his stamina. He could easily play 3 NAT games continuously, unlike the other ones. I agree England team is having some great players. I am disappointed, because I groomed this guy to be part of Eng NAT. I could have easily sold him and got good bank balance for my team. I didn't do it, because I wanted to contribute to NAT. 80% of his runs were scored against human teams. 18 of his 21 centuries were against human teams including Div 1.1 teams and higher ranked Stumped cup teams. My team itself is not bad. We are 57 in the world. May be not as higher as yours, as you are here from Feb 2014, I'm here from Oct 2015, more than an year and a half difference. We could play a few friendlies, so that you can yourself see whether we are up to the mark, both with Wright as an individual and we as a team.

I am not trying to counter you just for the sake of it. I have a genuine case and that's why I am requesting the NAT set up to consider. Thanks for your views.

Ash.

bobom

Postby bobom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:10 pm

For the love of God, give the damn player a call up so I don't have to read about him any more.

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm

bobom wrote:For the love of God, give the damn player a call up so I don't have to read about him any more.

"Why is he not in the team?"
"He just scored a century against [insert team name]"
"He just popped in fielding"
"[Other player name] only has fielding of 11 while my player has 12."
"He 's just scored another fifty"
"He's popped in stamina!"
"It's all so unfair!"

If my passion is irritating to you or to any other manager, I apologize for flooding with posts. I might be desperate to see how he does in NAT, but I'm not a beggar. If I don't have a valid case, I won't even post anything. Once again, apologies in case if you felt flooded. Thanks!

Ash.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:28 pm

bobom wrote:For the love of God, give the damn player a call up so I don't have to read about him any more.

He is in the squad. Hopefully no more of this :p.
Manager of West Row Warriors
Winner of all available titles in Season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Former world #1

mike778

Postby mike778 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 pm

ashok36 wrote:

"It's all so unfair!"

If my passion is irritating to you or to any other manager, I apologize for flooding with posts. I might be desperate to see how he does in NAT, but I'm not a beggar. If I don't have a valid case, I won't even post anything. Once again, apologies in case if you felt flooded. Thanks!

Ash.

Lets hope he doesn't get a couple of ducks eh ? Might be slightly embarassing.

He only made 8 and 42 against us last season so lets hope he has come on a bit since then as my bowling line up isn't really an all-star selection. In fact both times he got out to Dan Chilvers (economical), not ideal that - to keep getting out to a bowler who isn't even trying to take wickets. Maybe he just had a bad couple of days :?
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team
English SOD Champions - S19
Short League Champions - S19
Cup runners up -S17
2020 runners up -S18, S19

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Oi none of the duck stuff, he is in the side for Saturday.
Manager of West Row Warriors
Winner of all available titles in Season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Former world #1

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:44 pm

mike778 wrote:
ashok36 wrote:

"It's all so unfair!"

Ash.

Lets hope he doesn't get a couple of ducks eh ? Might be slightly embarassing.

He only made 8 and 42 against us last season so lets hope he has come on a bit since then as my bowling line up isn't really an all-star selection. In fact both times he got out to Dan Chilvers (economical), not ideal that - to keep getting out to a bowler who isn't even trying to take wickets. Maybe he just had a bad couple of days :?

Agree with your point. But, youngsters won't become great and matured achievers, unless they are given enough chances. If both of our teams get a chance to meet in the future, I hope he does well against a quality bowling attack like yours. As you said, he improved quite a lot, and I want him to contribute to the wins of the English NAT side, than my own team, so that I will feel satisfied about the type of men I breed in my team.

Ash.

Return to “England”