England National potentials

mike778

Re: England National potentials

Postby mike778 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:45 pm

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:
mike778 wrote:Was wondering why my 62k rated team has been winning the SOD title and Short League every season ahead of teams with far higher skills.

Actually, two seasons not every season. You've done well with your club team but your NAT record of losing every match in the World Cup is embarrasingly bad. I wouldn't be so cocky in your position. Rtj has achieved a lot more in this game than you have.

Behave yourself ... its an online cricket game, nobody has achieved anything. If you had paid attention you'd have known I've mocked my own WC record. But if anyone else is going to do it then its another matter ....

Rtj has won a lot but then he started season 1 with the associated advantages so you would expect any decent 'manager' to have a decent trophy cabinet. So stop stirring .....
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:53 pm

mike778 wrote:
MOD-tonk6464 wrote:
mike778 wrote:Was wondering why my 62k rated team has been winning the SOD title and Short League every season ahead of teams with far higher skills.

Actually, two seasons not every season. You've done well with your club team but your NAT record of losing every match in the World Cup is embarrasingly bad. I wouldn't be so cocky in your position. Rtj has achieved a lot more in this game than you have.

Behave yourself ... its an online cricket game, nobody has achieved anything. If you had paid attention you'd have known I've mocked my own WC record. But if anyone else is going to do it then its another matter ....

Rtj has won a lot but then he started season 1 with the associated advantages so you would expect any decent 'manager' to have a decent trophy cabinet. So stop stirring .....

If you start stirring the pot, don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:21 am

mike778 wrote:
MOD-tonk6464 wrote:

Wow - what a ridiculous post. :lol:

You are obviously quite sensitive about your win-less World Cup performance. Best not to be so cocky and stir things up in the first place if you can't handle someone pointing out a few realities. ;) :shh:
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (9 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:22 am

rtj45 wrote:If you start stirring the pot, don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you.

Exactly :thumbup:
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (9 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am

Keiran Gooch gives up chase for pace

Zorax CC seam-bowling superstar Keiran Gooch (Player156867) has announced he's given up trying to add speed to his bowling in bid for a spot in the England National side.

The announcement comes shortly after England's new schedule of T20I cricket was announced, with squad selections currently underway.

"I've added on a lot more pace to my bowling since my last stint with the England side. I'm more experienced. I've been dominating Division 1 cricket in South Africa for seasons now. THis is as quick as I'll ever be, and this is as good as I will ever be, If that isn't good enough for the selectors and coach, then so be it."

Pace has often been an issue for the medium-pacer, who was clocked in at a max speed of 61.2 MPH during his two ODIs with England back in Season 19. From Seasons 20 to 22, he has added over 15 mph to his bowling, and has take 109 wickets across all Competitive cricket at an average of 15.66. He has also taken on increase responsibility with his batting, scoring 737 runs at 28.34 with three fifties, including 70 off 37 balls as Zorax CC piled on 510 vs the Golden Ducks this Friday.

The decision comes as a result of Keiran's decision to focus on what's best for his club. "It didn't seem right that I was taking up coaching resources to pursue my own goal of playing for England, which may never even happen, when instead those resources could be put towards developing the future of Zorax CC"

"Ultimately the reason I have a career is thanks to this club. They've never wanted me to bowl faster or change the way I carry myself. They've supported who I am as a cricketer and my career ambitions all the way. I am grateful for the work the coaches put in with me to help me achieve this goal, and I feel like I have tried my best. Now it is time that I put something back into the club, and help us win games and develop the next generation of cricketers. The club comes first now, my ambitions second."

Having said that, Gooch was still hoping on an England recall. "I still feel like I'm one of the best cricketers on the planet. I think I should be playing international cricket. I understand they've passed their judgement on me and that I might not get another shot, but if they were to select me again, I wouldn't say no. I'm only 26. I'm at my peak. My performances recently speak for themselves. I would love nothing more than chance to win games for my country."
Free Hong Kong.
Five Demands, Not One Less
Learn more Here

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Zorax wrote:Keiran Gooch gives up chase for pace

Zorax CC seam-bowling superstar Keiran Gooch (Player156867) has announced he's given up trying to add speed to his bowling in bid for a spot in the England National side.

The announcement comes shortly after England's new schedule of T20I cricket was announced, with squad selections currently underway.

"I've added on a lot more pace to my bowling since my last stint with the England side. I'm more experienced. I've been dominating Division 1 cricket in South Africa for seasons now. THis is as quick as I'll ever be, and this is as good as I will ever be, If that isn't good enough for the selectors and coach, then so be it."

Pace has often been an issue for the medium-pacer, who was clocked in at a max speed of 61.2 MPH during his two ODIs with England back in Season 19. From Seasons 20 to 22, he has added over 15 mph to his bowling, and has take 109 wickets across all Competitive cricket at an average of 15.66. He has also taken on increase responsibility with his batting, scoring 737 runs at 28.34 with three fifties, including 70 off 37 balls as Zorax CC piled on 510 vs the Golden Ducks this Friday.

The decision comes as a result of Keiran's decision to focus on what's best for his club. "It didn't seem right that I was taking up coaching resources to pursue my own goal of playing for England, which may never even happen, when instead those resources could be put towards developing the future of Zorax CC"

"Ultimately the reason I have a career is thanks to this club. They've never wanted me to bowl faster or change the way I carry myself. They've supported who I am as a cricketer and my career ambitions all the way. I am grateful for the work the coaches put in with me to help me achieve this goal, and I feel like I have tried my best. Now it is time that I put something back into the club, and help us win games and develop the next generation of cricketers. The club comes first now, my ambitions second."

Having said that, Gooch was still hoping on an England recall. "I still feel like I'm one of the best cricketers on the planet. I think I should be playing international cricket. I understand they've passed their judgement on me and that I might not get another shot, but if they were to select me again, I wouldn't say no. I'm only 26. I'm at my peak. My performances recently speak for themselves. I would love nothing more than chance to win games for my country."

Love this :thumbup: .

We will see what we come up with in the squad selection :). Ultimately pace is still a slight drawback but biggest hit is the superstar trait. Haven't really been in touch with the availability of bowlers over the past couple seasons so will see what crops up.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Currently deciding on the 18 man squad from the 31 player shortlist (we have 3/4 players we have put queries forward about that may be added but this is realistically where the final 18 will come from). If your player is not on this list and is 44+ in batting or bowling and does not have the superstar trait please can you let me know.

Batsman

Williams
Wright
Cullen
Aston
Millard
Stockley
Sheldon
Jawad
Ascott
Pringle
Nash
Jones

Keepers

Jethani
Merry

Spinners

Temple
Bradfield
Bedford
Bronkhorst

Seamers

Puvi
Gervais
Pokkenbeek
Milton
Gooch
Battersby
McGinty
Hiram
Addlestone
Ranawake
Piggott
Alderman
Cowdrey

A500

Postby A500 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:26 pm

I have this 44-skilled tail clearer
http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=162725

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:46 pm

A500 wrote:I have this 44-skilled tail clearer
http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=162725

Thanks for sharing! Good player, with the competition we have got for places think he'll just miss out, but thnks for alerting me to him. I knew Barclay was close but was probably just off the pace. Bowling quality is high this year.

Bobman3000

Postby Bobman3000 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am

Gourley is probably not ready yet but thought I would let you know about him regardless
http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=185226

Return to “England”