Australian Generation Teams

ltraynor

Australian Generation Teams

Postby ltraynor » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:12 am

For those who have been around long enough and follow the teams, even if you don't go for Australia feel free to comment:

Looking at coming up with the best XI from the First Generation Season 12 and earlier and Post Season 12 (Where you have played most of your career)

Putting together a strong team for each generation and guessing which is the stronger team and or agreeing or disagreeing with others selections. (Stipulations at least 10 games at National level) teams are based on performance across both formats.

First Generation Team:

1. Fowler
2. Lattimer
3. Crawford
4. Caldwell
5. Frayn
6. Westbrook (wk)
7. Walsh
8. Bashford *Could play for either*
9. Webber (c) *Possibly not the best career but best captain of this era by far
10. Mcgrath
11. Foster

Honourable Mentions: Varley, Sitch, Whittaker and Tanner. All had solid careers in this era

Second Generation Team:

1. Petrie
2. Thorndyke
3. Berrisford
4. Laker (Wk)
5. Vincent
6. Bowden
7. Samlant
8. Melville
9. Lang
10. Forster
11. Traynor (c)

Honourable Mentions: Potok (great career but stamina ruled him out of the world cup at the peak of his career.) Keen, Hartrup.

Up and comers that may make Gen 2 team at current form levels: Smee (Just needs more bowling success), Truelove, Allman,
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Gordon Glenister (Australia) Luke Traynor (Australia) Patrick Piggott (England) Mitul Patel (Bangladesh)

rtj45

Re: Australian Generation Teams

Postby rtj45 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:02 pm

In terms of raw talent the 2nd gen would prob outclass the 1st gen. But the 1st gen were ridiculously good during their time. Pretty much cleaned up all trophies in the early seasons and very few teams were able to beat them. In context 1st gen were unbeatable.

A lot of legends in that first gen of which I could probably name them all of which the 2nd gen would wish to be.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:54 am

Good teams Luke. :thumbup:

Re the first gen team: Frayn was good but I think both Varley and Sitch were better. I'd swap Crawford and Lattimer in the batting order (to where they both usually batted).

Fowler
Crawford
Lattimer
Varley/Sitch
Caldwell
Westbrook (wk)
Walsh
Bashford
Webber (c)
McGrath
Foster
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (9 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

ltraynor

Postby ltraynor » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:03 am

Sounds fair on Gen 1. I feel you're more qualified on that team. Both solid teams, I know it won't happen but I'd love to see them clash in their prime.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Gordon Glenister (Australia) Luke Traynor (Australia) Patrick Piggott (England) Mitul Patel (Bangladesh)

Return to “Australia”