West Indies National Team: Season 20

angeltoast

Re: West Indies National Team: Season 20

Postby angeltoast » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 am

rajakhil92 wrote:He doesn't satisfy any given criteria. But still worth posting I think...
http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=168764

Thanks. I have added him to our contenders list. Looks good to me :thumbup:
If anyone else has a player of 40+ skill in either discipline, I will be glad to hear from you, either here or in PM
Lizzie Mills ... Image ... Iceni Cricket Club and West Indies national team ... Image ...

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:29 am

West Indies Touring Squad
---------------------------------------
Thanks to all the managers who have released their players for the West Indies national team.
Here’s our 23 for the warmups. The World Cup 15 will be drawn from this list.
Good luck to everyone who is involved in this season's competition.

Batsmen
-------------
Sebastian Kite (Northdown)
Phillip Seymour (The Stiffs)
Geoff McCormack (Caribbean Cyclones)
Bertram Ward (Northdown)
Richard Goss (Legend Killers)
Colin Bartley (SaraGarhi Martyrs)
Raymond Absolom (Wimbish CC)
Kevin Aldis (West Row Wyverns)
David McMenemy (Northdown)

All-rounders
-----------------
Leon Clarence (rogue traders)
Nicholas Gaspard (Caribbean Cyclones)
Neil Weston (Northdown)
Nick Thatcher (Chennai Super Kings)
Chris Cranley (Standard)

Pace Bowlers
-------------------
Jimmy Canterbury (Cunning)
Michael Stoll (Northdown)
Oli Bullock (Pest CCC)
Tariq Cannon (Admirers of the Gavin Hamilton Test Averages)
Russell Fitzpatrick (Northdown)
David Wharton (Northdown)

Spin Bowlers
-------------------
Sherlon Mangan (Greenfielders)
Chiranjiv Sreekanth (Castle Dragons)

Keeper
----------
Harvey Swash (Dead Balls CC)
(reserves Kevin Aldis & David McMenemy)
Lizzie Mills ... Image ... Iceni Cricket Club and West Indies national team ... Image ...

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 am

Nice squad! Although I think Phillip Seymour might be a bowler or perhaps at a push an all rounder. Don't think he's a great pure bat :mrgreen:
Manager of West Row Warriors
Winner of all available titles in Season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Former world #1

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:59 am

rtj45 wrote:Nice squad! Although I think Phillip Seymour might be a bowler or perhaps at a push an all rounder. Don't think he's a great pure bat :mrgreen:

Yes, you are right! I have him on my list to use as an all-rounder, although his strength is in his bowling. Somehow I managed to mistakenly include him with the batsmen in the reveal list :lol:

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Suppose Dizzy’s touch ruined his chances of a callup? Thought he would’ve been in the 23 but oh well

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:Suppose Dizzy’s touch ruined his chances of a callup? Thought he would’ve been in the 23 but oh well

As always it was a matter of juggling the available players, based on the information that the system allows me to see. I am still finding my way, and only time will tell if I used the right criteria and made the right decisions. Who knows, this could be the first and last time I am entrusted as a national manager :lol:

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:24 pm

angeltoast wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:Suppose Dizzy’s touch ruined his chances of a callup? Thought he would’ve been in the 23 but oh well

As always it was a matter of juggling the available players, based on the information that the system allows me to see. I am still finding my way, and only time will tell if I used the right criteria and made the right decisions. Who knows, this could be the first and last time I am entrusted as a national manager :lol:

Nah, you'll be available for a long time Liz. I am rooting for our success to take Windies at least till knock outs.

We discussed in-depth about Dizzy. Yes, low touch was a problem. But we have him in the shortlist and he will surely be a change/backup option, if not now, but for the T20 cup later in the season.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed May 01, 2019 12:17 am

angeltoast wrote:

I didn't mean anything by that it Angel, was just enquring. I don't know what players you looked at and watching Dizzy's touch get worse as the season goes on meant he was unlikely to make the WC squad anyway. Was just a little surprised by his ommission entirely was all. I'm sure he'll feature again for WI again at some point anyway, still plenty of upside left in him. I'm not too bothered as now I won't have mixed feelings about potentially playing against him when we play WI :P

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Sun May 19, 2019 11:44 am

With just one match left to play in the warm-ups, Stellar and I would like to thank all the managers who have kindly allowed us to include their players in our squad, in particular @alban, the manager of Northdown, who has provided 8 players on our shortlist, of whom 6 have contributed to the warm-ups.

West Indies are 4th after 5 warm-up matches, and looking good for the cup competition.

Within a day or two of the final warm-up game, we will post our final XV for the World Cup.

Return to “West Indies”