West Indies National Team: Season 20

Calvino

Re: West Indies National Team: Season 20

Postby Calvino » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:33 pm

How well off is the West Indies for spinners after the World Cup? This one's been doing nicely for me recently although his fielding is rubbish (like most of my fielders, sadly): http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=185097

Rhaegar

Postby Rhaegar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Calvino wrote:How well off is the West Indies for spinners after the World Cup? This one's been doing nicely for me recently although his fielding is rubbish (like most of my fielders, sadly): http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=185097

I'm pretty sure he's better than one or two players. Yeah fielding is low. May be that's the reason?

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Or a fair few

Calvino

Postby Calvino » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Rhaegar wrote:
Calvino wrote:How well off is the West Indies for spinners after the World Cup? This one's been doing nicely for me recently although his fielding is rubbish (like most of my fielders, sadly): http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=185097

I'm pretty sure he's better than one or two players. Yeah fielding is low. May be that's the reason?

I think he's improved a fair bit since the start of the World Cup squad was selected and I didn't think he was good enough at the time (I don't think I had even revealed him). I've given him a lot of game time recently and was just wondering where in the pecking order he might be now and how much of a drawback that fielding is going to be for an international career. He still needs more experience too but I find I can rely on him a bit more now.

Rhaegar

Postby Rhaegar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:57 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he made it to the Nats soon. But again.. that fielding is the only thing that can hurt his chances.

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks for offering. I've added him to the long-list, so next time we get to pick a squad, we can compare him with the others. To my mind, he needs more experience, but hey, so do I.
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Zimbabwe 265/8 ... West Indies (48.1ov) 269/6 ... West Indies win by 4 wickets

After another knife-edge match, West Indies finish the competition in 5th place.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who entrusted me with the role of manager. It has been a great honour and privilege to serve to the best of my ability, and I hope to continue with the work. Secondly, thank you to @stellar99 for his unstinting support and advice; he has been a loyal friend and teacher throughout. Thanks again to all the club managers who have made their players available for the national team, and to the other national managers for helping to make this competition such fun. And finally, thanks to Rob and Andy for giving us Stumped! in the first place, and for organising the World Cup.

The West Indies' performance during this tournament has been amazing, with close finishes in almost every match. In fact, just one more result tipped in our favour would have seen us in the playoffs. We have shown that there is the potential for greatness here, and we will carry this modest success forward to whatever further competitions await us.

(also posted in the main international discussion forum)
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

Return to “West Indies”