SA Season 20

mike778

SA Season 20

Postby mike778 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:11 pm

For what its worth (nothing really as its just warm ups), SA go top of the table after giving Bangladesh a good tonking. Highlights were:

-Cooper Ferguson made his debut and made a nice little 20 at over a run a ball
-Shorten and Cohen headlined the batting effort getting us to 310
-Hyde was the star bowler with a 5for
-Shorten got his first chance to bowl in an international and bowled Ishaq with a jaffer, sort of it was an OK ball

Next up is Zimbabwe away on wednesday. More of an experimental line-up with Mhlogo and Giddings making their debut.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19
-Short League Champions - S19

mike778

Re: SA Season 20

Postby mike778 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Well experimental line-up didn't go too well - may have highlighted what not to do in the world cup. Kotze was the standout player, Mhlogo possibly doesn't quite look ready to contribute with the ball yet although did what he was meant to do with the bat and will get some more goes. Off to USA for 2 weeks now - set lineups for the remaining warm up games although wont be able to tweak much.

Rob has 'sort of' assured me I'll be able to pick the squad when I get back.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19
-Short League Champions - S19

Return to “South Africa”