SL SOD div 1.1 - Season 12

Zephyr

Re: SL SOD div 1.1 - Season 12

Postby Zephyr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:01 am

Pffft, our supporter bases clearly have no idea, it should be a packed house :roll:

Match Details
Start Time 17 Feb 2017 06:00
Home Team Crazy xi
Away Team XBox 360 Elite
League Div1.1
Match Type 50 overs
Attendance 12,599 (15,000) :o

What's at stake Relegation avoidance- League bowling trophies- league batting trophies- rivalry stats- :mrgreen:

Crazyman

Postby Crazyman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:34 am

Zephyr wrote:
This is a MUST WIN game for you................ I've been looking forward to this match up since our Nats fixture where you handed me a trouncing. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I didn't log in today or else I would have played 3 spinners in these conditions. A tough chase is on hands now. Need Sameer, De Vos and Amratunga to do the bulk of the scoring

Edit- As I wrote that Sameer got out :oops: :oops:
India NAT Manager (Season 16-17), Bangladesh NAT Manager (Season 10-15)
Bangladesh NAT Asst (Season 8-9)
, Pak NAT assistant (Season 20-22)
SL 1.1 Champions- Dev- Season 9, 10, 11, 23 + T20- Season 17, 18, World Rank 4, SL Rank 1 on 18.5.2020

Crazyman

Postby Crazyman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:18 am

Required rate past 6. I am demoting :( :(

On the positive side- I can focus on having a cup run and giving young players with potential some game time next season
SL 1.1 Champions- Dev- Season 9, 10, 11, 23 + T20- Season 17, 18, World Rank 4, SL Rank 1 on 18.5.2020

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Zephyr wrote:
This is a MUST WIN game for you................ I've been looking forward to this match up since our Nats fixture where you handed me a trouncing. :lol:

I didn't log in today or else I would have played 3 spinners in these conditions. A tough chase is on hands now. Need Sameer, De Vos and Amratunga to do the bulk of the scoring

Yeah i was lucky enough to get on 1hr before start time, switched in a 6th bowler (RWS) for a batsmen when noticed the 100 weather and moved Mahindar Mirchandani up the order to open. Played him reasonably defensive with every one to bat around him. Paid of today... he must be close for the next English O/D squad. He's certainly an option at top of order in tricky conditions.

It's going to be a tough assignment next week for you but not impossible, a bonus point win or even a win may be enough if Willow Wanderers can and should defeat Ceylon XI

Crazyman

Postby Crazyman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
Zephyr wrote:

Yeah i was lucky enough to get on 1hr before start time, switched in a 6th bowler (RWS) for a batsmen when noticed the 100 weather and moved Mahindar Mirchandani up the order to open. Played him reasonably defensive with every one to bat around him. Paid of today... he must be close for the next English O/D squad. He's certainly an option at top of order in tricky conditions.

It's going to be a tough assignment next week for you but not impossible, a bonus point win or even a win may be enough if Willow Wanderers can and should defeat Ceylon XI

He is a beast. We at BD have only 1 bowler better than him

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Zephyr wrote:...moved Mahindar Mirchandani up the order to open... ... he must be close for the next English O/D squad. He's certainly an option at top of order in tricky conditions.

He's certainly close, our seam options are very strong in the international side with Peach, Puvimanasinghe, Levy and Trotter all currently higher skilled (w experience) than Mirchandani. His defensive batting is certainly useful but a top order in NAT's would be a bit preposterous given our strengths on that front too. I would expect him to feature in SOD next season but would need to improve further to be a first team solid choice.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:57 am

rtj45 wrote:
Zephyr wrote:...moved Mahindar Mirchandani up the order to open... ... he must be close for the next English O/D squad. He's certainly an option at top of order in tricky conditions.

He's certainly close, our seam options are very strong in the international side with Peach, Puvimanasinghe, Levy and Trotter all currently higher skilled (w experience) than Mirchandani. His defensive batting is certainly useful but a top order in NAT's would be a bit preposterous given our strengths on that front too. I would expect him to feature in SOD next season but would need to improve further to be a first team solid choice.

:lol:Preposterous, yeah your probably right! BTW how many Nats titles have England won (any format) with those given strenghts you mention. I think a few of those names have been given every opportunity over past seasons. :lol:

Edit: no harm in trying to talk your own players up, I certainly wouldn't be the first. I wasn't suggesting he's a permanent top order batsmen or ever would be but given the conditions yesterday 23-65-58-85-43-100 he performed well again, I can't see why in those difficult batting pitches he just couldn't be an option - suits his skill distribution, characteristic and batting style with his stamina. I could reference many matches SOD/DEV and friendlies where he has done this and done it well.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:25 am

Zephyr wrote:
rtj45 wrote:

:lol:Preposterous, yeah your probably right! BTW how many Nats titles have England won (any format) with those given strenghts you mention. I think a few of those names have been given every opportunity over past seasons. :lol:

Edit: no harm in trying to talk your own players up, I certainly wouldn't be the first. I wasn't suggesting he's a permanent top order batsmen or ever would be but given the conditions yesterday 23-65-58-85-43-100 he performed well again, I can't see why in those difficult batting pitches he just couldn't be an option - suits his skill distribution, characteristic and batting style with his stamina. I could reference many matches SOD/DEV and friendlies where he has done this and done it well.

I wasn't intending to be rude, I am being honest. It's quite silly whatever you are trying to argue about here I was telling you the facts. Levy Trotter and Puvi are all fairly similar players to him and he has high defence. As you say nothing wrong in bigging up your own players but be prepared for people to tell you the truth. If you don't like it then maybe you can run for England and do it your own way?

As I say more than welcome to big up your players and pester us to include them, not overly keen on someone telling us how to play them and can't really be surprised when someone tells you what they think too. - pot kettle black.

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:25 am

Pested- I think this can stop about here. You are reading a Sri Lankan forum and a conversation between myself and crazyman. I've never initated a private messaged with you unless it's been a friendly comp. I've posted the players stats once in English forum and once in scouting thread. Your choice of words is annoying, you called someone an arsehole the other day please don't use the "pot kettle black" at me, no need.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Zephyr wrote:Pested- I think this can stop about here. You are reading a Sri Lankan forum and a conversation between myself and crazyman. I've never initated a private messaged with you unless it's been a friendly comp. I've posted the players stats once in English forum and once in scouting thread. Your choice of words is annoying, you called someone an arsehole the other day please don't use the "pot kettle black" at me, no need.

Well I think this has become an argument over nothing so best to stop I agree. My intention was to merely discuss your player not insult you. For the record the choice of words of "arsehole" was to someone who consistently tends to insult others and use rude language on the forums - on reflection perhaps being more courteous would've been a better approach (of which many have tried to this person already including me).

Return to “Sri Lanka”