Ashes

MOD-tonk6464

Re: Ashes

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:48 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:I found this image and it beautifully sums up Smith's form right now :lol:

:lol:
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (10 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:11 am

James018 wrote:Gee, I wonder which players you like and don't like :think:

Well..

Warner - Duck
Harris - 13
Marnus - 67
Wade - will get out soon lol

I dont see how you can justify dropping Khawaja for any of the above. Marnus has been scoring..but scoring in batsmen friendly conditions (or no-pressure situations).

He should have gone gone and got a 100 given the conditions and batting with Smith..

Head is different..I anticipate he good candidate for Captain in the future..so stick with him in all formats.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:29 am

Wade scored a century in the first test and was part of a match-winning partnership with Steve Smith.

Khawaja hasn't scored above 40 in three tests and has been very poor for most of this year. Chalk and Cheese. I think the selectors made the right decision.
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (10 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:30 am

Bye Wade :lol:

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 am

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:Wade scored a century in the first test and was part of a match-winning partnership with Steve Smith.

Khawaja hasn't scored above 40 in three tests and has been very poor for most of this year. Chalk and Cheese. I think the selectors made the right decision.

1st Test, Anderson was injured and Woakes wasnt 100%. Everyone scored runs including Pattinson & Cummins :lol: Except for Warner of course.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:39 am

bumpuss wrote:
MOD-tonk6464 wrote:Wade scored a century in the first test and was part of a match-winning partnership with Steve Smith.

1st Test, Anderson was injured and Woakes wasnt 100%. Everyone scored runs including Pattinson & Cummins :lol: Except for Warner of course.

Yeah right. 40 is just as good as 110 isn't it?! :roll: As usual, your comments make absolutely no sense. Earlier you said that Wade and Paine should not be in the XI. Well they are the only wicketkeepers on tour. You think Australia should play without a wicketkeeper? :lol: And Marnus Labuschagne has made a lot of his Ashes runs in pressure situations! :lol:
Manager of The Tonkers

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:53 am

Carey should be the keeper...

Wade deserved a go, but he hasnt performed. Probably retire or wont be selected again after this series..

Paine only in the team because he is Captain, everyone knows this :lol: He cant even make the ODI or T20 side.. :?

Marnus has performed and I have no issues with him in XI, but he has come in pressure-less situations so far.

Khawaja hasnt scored above 40 but he has hung around enough for Smith & Co to do the damage. As an opener he has done his job (even though batting at no.3).

What has Harris done?

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:57 am

Another century by Steve Smith! Amazing batsman! :D :thumbup:
Manager of The Tonkers

James018

Postby James018 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:02 pm

I love Carey (hey, I'm a South Aussie), but he is massively overhyped. I don't think he's a better batsman than Paine or Wade at the moment. He will probably become one, but it's not his time yet. Give it a year or two.

Speaking to Bump here, I simply find it amazing that you find reasons to discount Labuschagne's runs and yet sing the praises of Khawaja's relatively barren run. Nothing against Khawaja, I think he deserves a spot in the side ahead of Harris, Wade and probably Warner if he can't figure his Broad issues out. But your favouritism is so blatant I can only :lol:

As for the game... wow. Steve Smith. I can't remember a series where one player has made so much of a difference. Without him we're 2-0 or possibly 3-0 down. If not for him getting filled in by Archer, we're 2-0 or 3-0 up. And he looks like being the difference in this game as well. In a way, his concussion was for the best, just to keep the series interesting for both sides! :lol:

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:41 pm

I personally wouldn't have picked Wade at the start, but that one innings have netted him more runs than Khawaja all series so he's vindicated. I wanted Marnus in from the 1st test, but then again I wanted Patterson and Burns in as well, as well as possibly Puvoski but those three weren't picked at all (despite two of them getting hundreds in their last test matches, stiff! Especially since Harris hadn't set the world on fire and still got picked!).
Feel like Khawaja will come in as opener for the next match at either Warner's or Harris' expense, should be Warner as Broad is in his head and absolutely useless at this point because of it but it'll probably be Harris barring a big 2nd innings total.

Return to “Real Cricket”