Management Addicts

Let's avoid politics and religion though, they just cause trouble.
mike778

Re: Management Addicts

Postby mike778 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 am

Buster wrote:I have to confess that I am a sucker for these type of games and like many others here I have been involved in them for numerous years.

My current favourites, all of which I am active on a daily basis are........Maxithlon ( brilliant athletics game) active since 2013, GPRO ( as many others have said a fantastic formula 1 motor racing game) again active since 2013, Broken Bat ( Baseball game believe it or not) active since 2014, Rockin Soccer ( Football management) active since 2018 and of course here, active for one year as well.

I do honestly believe that we could learn a lot from all of the games that I have listed because although I have played many other games the ones that I have quoted all have something that we can learn from here so I would suggest that we have a close look at them.

If anyone wants any help or advice with any of these games please don’t hesitate to contact me because in everyone of them I am a capable mentor should you need one.

Yeah I've been on plenty of these games for years. Managed to cut it down to 3 now. Stumped (which I like the most by a mile, Battrick purely as a farm team and Zim manager and Blackout Rugby. Been on Blackout Rugby for its entire life, won everything and broke the game's financial system in its first season. Technically have an account on Dugout but its probably going to go bot.

Happy to take on another game for when I bin Blackout. Preferably low maintenance
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

Buster

Postby Buster » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Of the ones that I play I would say that Maxithlon is the best in terms of time spent on it versus reward gained. It is an athletics game where you run an athletics club, training and developing individual athletes with various coaches. Similar idea to here in as much as finances are key and it is a slow burner rewarding long term planning. Probably, time wise it is a similar commitment to here and in the same way you can devote as little or as much as you like.

Broken bat is baseball and to be honest I do not have the nuances of important attributes down to as fine an art as I would like. GPRO is a fantastic game but can be very time consuming.Rockin Soccer I am just getting into .

By the way Mike778, I meant to ask you this a long time ago are you the same mike778 that played “football identity” many moons ago?

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:22 pm

mike778 wrote:
Buster wrote:I have to confess that I am a sucker for these type of games and like many others here I have been involved in them for numerous years.

My current favourites, all of which I am active on a daily basis are........Maxithlon ( brilliant athletics game) active since 2013, GPRO ( as many others have said a fantastic formula 1 motor racing game) again active since 2013, Broken Bat ( Baseball game believe it or not) active since 2014, Rockin Soccer ( Football management) active since 2018 and of course here, active for one year as well.

I do honestly believe that we could learn a lot from all of the games that I have listed because although I have played many other games the ones that I have quoted all have something that we can learn from here so I would suggest that we have a close look at them.

If anyone wants any help or advice with any of these games please don’t hesitate to contact me because in everyone of them I am a capable mentor should you need one.

Yeah I've been on plenty of these games for years. Managed to cut it down to 3 now. Stumped (which I like the most by a mile, Battrick purely as a farm team and Zim manager and Blackout Rugby. Been on Blackout Rugby for its entire life, won everything and broke the game's financial system in its first season. Technically have an account on Dugout but its probably going to go bot.

Happy to take on another game for when I bin Blackout. Preferably low maintenance

It's a shame if Blackout does fall by the wayside, though, it's been very good.

One of the more polished, imo.

I just started on that GPRO, might not finish last in my first race.

Been on here for a short while now, on Blackout for years, and on Cricket Championship for a while.

The main gripe I have with Stumped is the lack of action on the rep scene recently. With such a small player base, it's hard to keep us entertained when things don't go well. And with such a small player base, the very good players all get hoovered up by the rich teams.
Manager of Pest CCC and Assistant to England NT
National Caps:
Ali Azmat (Pakistan) 9ODI, 1T20I, Oli Bullock (West Indies) 9ODI, Kenny Sheldon (England) 7ODI, Andrew Bradfield (England) 5ODI, 1T20I, Firoz Subbanna (Bangladesh) 5T20I

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:And with such a small player base, the very good players all get hoovered up by the rich teams.

Looking at your squad, you're a rich team... you just need to sell before you'll be able to buy
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:25 am

conradij wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:And with such a small player base, the very good players all get hoovered up by the rich teams.

Looking at your squad, you're a rich team... you just need to sell before you'll be able to buy

Not complaining about me...just about the game in general. And I'm not cash rich at all, it's tough to take the next step...

But that's how it should be!

Just saying that things would be different if there were more players. :)
Manager of Pest CCC and Assistant to England NT
National Caps:
Ali Azmat (Pakistan) 9ODI, 1T20I, Oli Bullock (West Indies) 9ODI, Kenny Sheldon (England) 7ODI, Andrew Bradfield (England) 5ODI, 1T20I, Firoz Subbanna (Bangladesh) 5T20I

mike778

Postby mike778 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:45 am

Buster wrote:Of the ones that I play I would say that Maxithlon is the best in terms of time spent on it versus reward gained. It is an athletics game where you run an athletics club, training and developing individual athletes with various coaches. Similar idea to here in as much as finances are key and it is a slow burner rewarding long term planning. Probably, time wise it is a similar commitment to here and in the same way you can devote as little or as much as you like.

Broken bat is baseball and to be honest I do not have the nuances of important attributes down to as fine an art as I would like. GPRO is a fantastic game but can be very time consuming.Rockin Soccer I am just getting into .

By the way Mike778, I meant to ask you this a long time ago are you the same mike778 that played “football identity” many moons ago?

Maybe - signed up for quite a few although can't particularly remember it. Broken Bat was one I thought about but never got round to. Was on Maxithlon for a bit but didn't really get into it. Was on Red Zone Action for ages - in some ways was a really good game but very time heavy - seemed very backwards as well in reluctance to automate stuff - their attitude seemed to be they wanted to reward people for doing admin jobs.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 pm

angeltoast wrote:I know some folks here like to play other management games, and not just cricket, so you may like to try this one ...

https://www.gpro.net/?id=913864 (Edited, as suggested by liquefry)

It's like Stumped, but for Formula 1. You manage an F1 car, hiring a driver, improving the car, setting qualifying and race tactics, then helplessly watch how it does in the race. It's very professionally presented, with as much complexity as Stumped. I'm enjoying the (steep) learning curve, and waiting for my first race later today.

Are you still playing this Liz? In the second season I'm struggling to crack the formula - coming 4th in pretty much every race but only got one podium (somehow won a race!). The other "rookies" have been playing between 20 and 50 (!) seasons :lol:

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:45 pm

I'm still playing and enjoying GPRO, also now in my second season. The team I joined has helped me a lot - I'm in the top 4 of my group, and hope to promote to Amateur at the end of this season. if you're not in a team yet I recommend it, mainly because most of them have data from previous seasons for each track, helping greatly with decisions for each race. The team I'm in has four branches, and I think there may be a vacancy or two, if you want to contact them. Search for 'Andromeda' (tell them I recommended them)
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

samir

Postby samir » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:21 am

liquefry wrote:
angeltoast wrote:I know some folks here like to play other management games, and not just cricket, so you may like to try this one ...

https://www.gpro.net/?id=913864 (Edited, as suggested by liquefry)

It's like Stumped, but for Formula 1. You manage an F1 car, hiring a driver, improving the car, setting qualifying and race tactics, then helplessly watch how it does in the race. It's very professionally presented, with as much complexity as Stumped. I'm enjoying the (steep) learning curve, and waiting for my first race later today.

Are you still playing this Liz? In the second season I'm struggling to crack the formula - coming 4th in pretty much every race but only got one podium (somehow won a race!). The other "rookies" have been playing between 20 and 50 (!) seasons :lol:

There's a difference in setup between Practice and Qualy/ race. Also, I'd recommend you downplay GPro Analyzer. It saves data of every race, which will help you immensely in the future seasons. www.gproanalyzer.info
https://www.gpro-strategy.net/en/gpro-tool/setup.html will help you with car setup. I'll message you the other calculator I prefer. Gotta repair my old laptop. But these two will definitely help you a lot.

Then, there are players like me who prefer doing the Rookie-Amateur-Rookie dance every season, because it takes a long time to save enough money to make 1 serious attempt to promote, and that makes it boring for a lot of people.

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:49 am

Yes, I forgot about the analyzer tools. I can't use them, because my laptop runs on Linux, and they are Windows only. And yes, different settings for Q1, Q2 and the race. And join a team, not just for advice but for the chat, too.
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

Return to “Everything Else”