Internationals Season 19

MOD-tonk6464

Internationals Season 19

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 am

The first round of International matches for Season 19 was played yesterday.

There were lots of interesting matches:

Australia gave South Africa a flogging after bowling them out cheaply. Max Forster was the star with 5/27. Bowden scored a classy fifty.

New Zealand beat England by 88 runs. Alfred Cream was the highest scorer with 92 from 100 balls. Puvi bowled superbly taking 7/31 but the other English bowlers were creamed. Malcolm Wright made 19 on debut.

India won a very close match against Bangladesh by 2 wickets. Mumtaz scored 99 from 110 balls for Bangladesh. Omesh top scored with 108 from 97 balls for India. India only just got home in a nailbiting finish.

Pakistan comfortably defeated West Indies after bowling WI out for only 194 on a good batting track. Waqar Younis took 3/32 and Afridi scored 61.

Sri Lanka failed to set orders and put a pathetically weak 49K team on the park. They were deservedly smashed by Zimbabwe.
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

ltraynor

Re: Internationals Season 19

Postby ltraynor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 am

Thanks for this Tonks, I started to write up a match report but got timed out as I had to do something.

Very happy with how the Australian bowling attack took apart South Africa. Max Forster had a bit of a lean season in the T20 so good to see him at his best again. Great to see the middle order kick in lead by Bowden after the top order didn't fire. Both batsman had a great T20 season though so they can be forgiven. Also our 6 bowling options plan means our allrounders are fit and raring to go against Pakistan.

You will be pleased to hear Berrisford is most likely a starter for this game as the pitch does not suit Wordsworths batting.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Will Bristow (Australia) Luke Traynor (Australia) Javed Miandad (Pakistan) Mitul Patel (Bangladesh)
Dev Luther (England) - Retired Percy Keen (Australia) - Retired

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 am

ltraynor wrote:Thanks for this Tonks, I started to write up a match report but got timed out as I had to do something.

Very happy with how the Australian bowling attack took apart South Africa. Max Forster had a bit of a lean season in the T20 so good to see him at his best again. Great to see the middle order kick in lead by Bowden after the top order didn't fire. Both batsman had a great T20 season though so they can be forgiven. Also our 6 bowling options plan means our allrounders are fit and raring to go against Pakistan.

You will be pleased to hear Berrisford is most likely a starter for this game as the pitch does not suit Wordsworths batting.

Australia played superbly - great work. Max Forster is a top bowler! :) :thumbup:

That's good news re Berrisford although I'm happy with whatever is best for the Aussie team. :)
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 am

One bowler takes 7/31 and we still lose by 88 runs... :roll:
Manager of West Row Warriors
Winner of all available titles in Season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Former world #1

xmarra

Postby xmarra » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 pm

rtj45 wrote:One bowler takes 7/31 and we still lose by 88 runs... :roll:

Puvi was immense mate. Just glad Cream, Chandler and Sudeshna could gather some runs for us before the rest fell victim!

Shout out to Carl Stanley who made his debut for New Zealand and had a very respectable 3 for 32, as well as Matt Dalley who made his 70th appearance batting 12 runs and bowling figures of 1 for 20.
Manager of Durham Elite & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 2.1, season 11
Winners of DEV 2.3, season 12
Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16 & 17

Winner of International T20 - Season 12
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

Ranji2 Finalist

ltraynor

Postby ltraynor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:30 am

Australia were up against Pakistan today on another deck suited to spinners.

We see 3 new debutants getting their baggy green today. Congratulations to Gordon Glenister, Duncan Laker and Andrew Smee for their call up.

Pakistan opted to bat first and it was a prime opportunity for stand in captain Wyndham to send our debutant in with the new ball on a spinning track. He was punished with a 6 on his first over but soon found his line and dismissed Jabbar for 25 to capture the first wicket of the day. Our spin attack continued to get wickets all through the innings, but the innings was dominated by Pakistan batsman Sarwar Anwar with 108 (102). Our stand in Keeper for this game Laker was able to take 2 catches against top order batsman and showed the depth of this Aussie side.

With the chase underway debutant Glenister joined regular opening bat Thorndyke to start the chase before Glenister sliced one to Pickle off the bowling of Murad.

Thorndyke went on to top score for Australia and all other batsman made starts but none really went on to dominate the innings. Lakers 34 (30) certainly gave the selectors something to think about though on who should be Australias Keeper going forward. Bowden and Smee almost guiding the innings home before Bowden was caught by Sajjad. Melville who was very economical with the ball bowling to the Pakistan tail came in and hit 2 boundaries to finish the innings off in style. Big hitting Samlant was not required but just showed that there was still power left in the shed.

Hopefully we'll be seeing more amazing performances from the Australian team as we hope to make the finals again this season.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Will Bristow (Australia) Luke Traynor (Australia) Javed Miandad (Pakistan) Mitul Patel (Bangladesh)
Dev Luther (England) - Retired Percy Keen (Australia) - Retired

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:53 am

My batsman Ikjot Deol made his ODI debut for England today. He managed a solid 68 coming in at #3, enough to rate a mention by the pundits. I'm happy for him!

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 am

Solid day for my international players, with all 8 playing this week.

For Zim, Lindley and Bell had some pretty disappointing days. They weren't the only ones who were disappointing, as the top 3 all failed and a score of 6-272 was never enough on such a road. Manzini's return to the nat scene has come with a return to form as well, with a fine 67* from 65 balls. India chased it without much worries, though Zim have probably lost Yeye for next week after his second score of 90+ in as many weeks.

SA need to learn Shorten isn't a batsman, but a bowler that can give you a few handy runs ;) Improved on his showing from last week, but appalled to see he didn't get an over. Where's the respect for his sensation bowling stats :P

In the WI/Bangladesh game, while McMenemy scored a brilliant unbeaten hundred in tough conditions, Bartley stole the limelight with a jaw dropping unbeaten 50 off 19 balls. His slogging at the end helping WI score over 60 wins in the last 3, and take the game effectively out of Bangladesh's reach with a score of 4-276. Chaudry has yet to capture a wicket, and I hope that trend continues next week against Zim :mrgreen: With the bat, Satin was almost a one-man show as he top-scored with his maiden ODI fifty under some extreme pressure as the batting folded around him. Chaudry showed some glimpses with the bat but there was too much work to do as Bartley capped off his game with 2 run outs, including the last man out Satin.

In the Pak/Aus game, Bowden was the only red's rep playing. Solid innings to help get Aus almost over the line and will be filthy getting out with the winning runs needed there for the taking.

No one in the Sri Lanka/England game play for the club, but glad to see that Sri Lanka set orders this week :clap: :thumbup: Didn't help them too much as England smashed them by 88 runs, with a surprise topscorer for England in Stanley with a well compiled 90.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:00 am

liquefry wrote:My batsman Ikjot Deol made his ODI debut for England today. He managed a solid 68 coming in at #3, enough to rate a mention by the pundits. I'm happy for him!

Nice knock, helped England accelerate. Hope to see him score a few more, though hopefully not against Zimb :mrgreen:

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:31 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:
liquefry wrote:My batsman Ikjot Deol made his ODI debut for England today. He managed a solid 68 coming in at #3, enough to rate a mention by the pundits. I'm happy for him!

Nice knock, helped England accelerate. Hope to see him score a few more, though hopefully not against Zimb :mrgreen:

I dont like Deol...

Ramanathan was the pick of the bowlers with his 4/43 against England. The other bowlers however didnt quite get it right and England managed a solid 282, with all their top three batsmen making big scores.

Mr Wolf got a start but didnt quite get going and was out on 45. Mr Jacobs top scored for us with his 94 of 84 balls, sadly no one else really contributed and England had an easy win.

Return to “Internationals”