Stumped World Cup (England and Wales)

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Re: Stumped World Cup (England and Wales)

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:47 am

stellar99 wrote:The pitch and the ME are the ones I was targeting, as a feedback to the DEVs, to set it up in a more competitive pitch, which would extract the best out of any two teams which will play in a final.

stellar99 wrote:what nearly was a minefield pitch.

What world are you living in?
39 moisture, 7 wear, 52 speed

That's almost as flat as it is possible to generate. And the weather was almost completely neutral. :crazy:

I also see absolutely nothing wrong with the way the ME performed. certainly no collapse compared to what the real England managed a few times in the real world cup.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:51 am

I'd say the conditions were excellent for a final. :thumbup:
Manager of The Tonkers
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (9 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:56 am

DEV-R0b1et wrote:
stellar99 wrote:The pitch and the ME are the ones I was targeting, as a feedback to the DEVs, to set it up in a more competitive pitch, which would extract the best out of any two teams which will play in a final.

stellar99 wrote:what nearly was a minefield pitch.

What world are you living in?
39 moisture, 7 wear, 52 speed

That's almost as flat as it is possible to generate. And the weather was almost completely neutral. :crazy:

I also see absolutely nothing wrong with the way the ME performed. certainly no collapse compared to what the real England managed a few times in the real world cup.

Agreed, I didn't check on the pitch properly. That was my mistake and I stand corrected. I already took it back. But regarding the collapse, we had England at 72-5 and 184-8 in a good batting pitch, with arguably the best batsmen in the tournament. That is the only thing which I still can't digest. However, it is bound to happen to anyone. Felt sad that it had happened to England, of all matches, right in the final.

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:01 am

Interestingly, the better top order got the most runs - by more than the difference in the result.

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:07 am

Of interest, its not the be all and end all as it is calculated ball by ball, but at the end of the innings,

Bangladesh scored 301 - 7 - repeating the balls to players etc on average they would have achieved 305.71 - 8.0 (you could argue they were UNLUCKY)

England scored 234 - 10 - repeating those balls on average they'd have been on 231.58 - 7.25 they were bowled out a little earlier than would have been expected, but actually not all that much. They were quite unfortunate with wicket loss especially in the middle order, when they lost the 8th wicket, on average they would have only been 4 down.

Howeverm, it basically looks to me like Banglasdesh played a good game and deserved to win.

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 am

DEV-R0b1et wrote:Of interest, its not the be all and end all as it is calculated ball by ball, but at the end of the innings,

Bangladesh scored 301 - 7 - repeating the balls to players etc on average they would have achieved 305.71 - 8.0 (you could argue they were UNLUCKY)

England scored 234 - 10 - repeating those balls on average they'd have been on 231.58 - 7.25 they were bowled out a little earlier than would have been expected, but actually not all that much. They were quite unfortunate with wicket loss especially in the middle order, when they lost the 8th wicket, on average they would have only been 4 down.

Howeverm, it basically looks to me like Banglasdesh played a good game and deserved to win.

Thanks for the interesting insights. Makes a good read as a programming concept and calculation. Those 4 extra wickets were ultimately the difference. But, nothing can be taken away from the performance of BD. Agreed that they've played a good game.

When you give the NAT tournament, as big a context as a Stumped Cricket World Cup, these kind of questions become inevitable. Thanks for your replies and inputs, this is what makes Stumped the product it is today. :thumbup:

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:31 pm

match fixing? :problem:

ZeroMoment

Postby ZeroMoment » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 pm

bumpuss wrote:match fixing? :problem:

Sand paper worked this time. :silent:

Jimy

Postby Jimy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:30 pm

ZeroMoment wrote:
bumpuss wrote:match fixing? :problem:

Sand paper worked this time. :silent:

how did u two know? dammit were the fools not stealthy enough this time :x :x I warned them what would hap. . . . :shock: I mean how dare u suggest that sort of thing from little old Jimy and the boys we would NEVER ever think of that sort of thing how dare u my good sir`s how dare u I say :shock: :shock: :silent:

James018

Postby James018 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 am

:lol:

Return to “Internationals”