Stumped World Cup (England and Wales)

angeltoast

Re: Stumped World Cup (England and Wales)

Postby angeltoast » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm

West Indies 219 - South Africa 148

West Indies have had little to cheer about so far in this cup, so a decisive win today has given our morale a big boost.

South Africa won the toss and put us in to bat. After some mixed performances from our batsmen on a rough pitch (including fine half-centuries from Goss 53, and McCormack 76), we were all out for only 219 after 45.5 overs. I can tell you that there was a fair bit of tension in our dressing room as South Africa started their innings, but we began to relax as our bowlers not only kept the runs down, but also began to whittle away at their wickets: Canterbury (8-0-42-2 econ 5.25), Fitzpatrick (8-1-27-3 econ 3.38), Clarence (7-1-27-0 econ 3.86), Thatcher (10-0-37-0 econ 3.70) and, notably, Bullock (6.1-2-15-4 econ 2.43 including a superb hattrick)

Thanks again to all the clubs who donated their players to the West Indies squad for this tournament, and to my assistant manager @stellar99 for his unstinting advice, support, and encouragement.
Last edited by angeltoast on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lizzie Mills, manager of ...
  • Iceni Cricket Club
  • West Indies national team

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:03 pm

angeltoast wrote:West Indies 219 - South Africa 148

West Indies have had little to cheer about so far in this cup, so a decisive win today has given our morale a big boost.

South Africa won the toss and put us in to bat. After some mixed performances from our batsmen on a rough pitch (including fine half-centuries from Goss and McCormack), we were all out for only 219 after 45.5 overs. I can tell you that there was a fair bit of tension in our dressing room as South Africa started their innings, but we began to relax as our bowlers not only kept the runs down, but also began to whittle away at their wickets: Canterbury (8-0-42-2 econ 5.25), Fitzpatrick (8-1-27-3 econ 3.38), Clarence (7-1-27-0 econ 3.86), Thatcher (10-0-37-0 econ 3.70) and, notably, Bullock (6.1-2-15-4 econ 2.43 including a superb hattrick)

Thanks again to all the clubs who donated their players to the West Indies squad for this tournament, and to my assistant manager @stellar99 for his unstinting advice, support, and encouragement.

I must thank in return to RTJ, during my stint as both Assistant Manager and Manager of the English NAT team. :D

It is a pleasure to work with you Lizzie and all the credit goes to your hard work. How you chose Oli Bullock is a fine example for your testimony. Even when his club manager Stomalomalus didn't think great of him by not offering him too much bowling in club games, you did it in a NAT game. Other managers would have even thought twice about giving such guys a chance (34 batting and 38 bowling), but your detailed analysis saw something in him.

Not with just one player, you did your homework on all the Windies squad guys. That is why I called you to work with me and that is why I feel that most of the credit must be given to you. Sensational and keep it up! :thumbup:

We both as a team will work towards the minimum target of getting Windies into the Semis of Stumped CWC 2019! Once again, thanks to all club team managers who have contributed to the Windies NAT scene.

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.
Last edited by stellar99 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:19 pm

stellar99 wrote:
angeltoast wrote:West Indies 219 - South Africa 148

South Africa won the toss and put us in to bat. After some mixed performances from our batsmen on a rough pitch (including fine half-centuries from Goss and McCormack), we were all out for only 219 after 45.5 overs. I can tell you that there was a fair bit of tension in our dressing room as South Africa started their innings, but we began to relax as our bowlers not only kept the runs down, but also began to whittle away at their wickets: Canterbury (8-0-42-2 econ 5.25), Fitzpatrick (8-1-27-3 econ 3.38), Clarence (7-1-27-0 econ 3.86), Thatcher (10-0-37-0 econ 3.70) and, notably, Bullock (6.1-2-15-4 econ 2.43 including a superb hattrick)

I must thank in return to RTJ, during my stint as both Assistant Manager and Manager of the English NAT team. :D

It is a pleasure to work with you Lizzie and all the credit goes to your hard work. How you chose Oli Bullock is a fine example as your testimony. Even when his club manager Stomamolous didn't think great of him by not offering him too much bowling in club games, you did it in a NAT game. Other managers would have even thought twice about giving such guys a chance (34 batting and 38 bowling), but your detailed analysis saw something in him.

Not with just one player, you did your homework on all the Windies squad guys. That is why I called you to work with me and that is why I feel that most of the credit must be given to you. Sensational and keep it up! :thumbup:

We both as a team will work towards the minimum target of getting Windies into the Semis of Stumped CWC 2019! Once again, thanks to all club team managers who have contributed to the Windies NAT scene.

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

Not my fault if the opposition are all out before he gets into his groove at the end of the innings!!! Lol.

mike778

Postby mike778 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Well that's a bit of a bummer .... probably should stick to the club game. Really thought we would win that one.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:00 am

End of over 10 (5 runs) Sri Lanka 34/0 RR=3.4
Ashen Consigliere* 21 (27) Krishan de Zilva-van Twest 13 (33) Mitul Patel 1-0-5-0

A very important match for us, as we play Australia next and then England after. So a win here, will ease the pressure a little.

Off to a slow start.

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:43 am

End of over 25 (4 runs) Sri Lanka 107/0 RR=4.28
Ashen Consigliere* 70 (77) Krishan de Zilva-van Twest 34 (73) Iqbal Chaudry 3-1-13-0

RR lil bit up. Good partnership.

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 am

End of over 40 (1 run) Sri Lanka 183/4 RR=4.58
Ashen Kumarakulasinghe* 27 (33) Kisame Hoshigaki 0 (2) Kabir Saif 5-0-16-2

Bangas back on top after dismissing Jacobs and Silva!

Need these two to bat out the 50!

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:57 am

mike778 wrote:Well that's a bit of a bummer .... probably should stick to the club game. Really thought we would win that one.

South Africa is one of my favorite teams, both in Stumped and real life. So, my friend Mike, please don't lose hope. I'm sure that SA will do well in the upcoming games and I'll wish for that. :thumbup: Keep it going!

If time allows and if Lizzie permits, I'll be part of SA NAT to assist you next season. :D (Just kidding, I'm sure that you are good on your own buddy. But if I can be of any help, feel free to let me know, after this tournament is done)

Wishing SA and all other teams, all the very best!

Pretty happy that at least Stumped World Cup 2019 is not affected by rain and providing farcical results. DEVs, time to bring in DLS to add to the drama with few overs 'programatically' rained off. :lol:

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Sri lanka vs Bangladesh still in the balance with 15 overs to go!

conradij

Postby conradij » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Delighted to see my spin bowler Saif put in a match winning performance and take 6 wickets

http://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1082242

I've always felt he's under-performed on the International stage so this is an excellent change :clap:
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Return to “Internationals”