My Ranking is not changing

MOD-tonk6464

Re: My Ranking is not changing

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:12 am

Cup draws are completely random. Rankings have no effect on cup draws or anything else. They are purely a cosmetic feature.
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

ZeroMoment

Postby ZeroMoment » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:36 am

James018 wrote:I would say rankings are not that important to seasoned players (I barely ever look at them) but may indicate stagnation/a lack of professionalism to someone just starting out.

Whereas the lack of a NAT season is the opposite: new players who aren't familiar with the trajectory of each season likely won't notice the lack of games, but experienced players certainly do.

Both are fairly cosmetic problems, but they do send a worrying message about the game.

I have a player who is ready to be included in the first XI of Pakistan team. No international fixtures means sadly he'll miss out on a season's worth of appearances.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:49 pm

ZeroMoment wrote:
James018 wrote:I would say rankings are not that important to seasoned players (I barely ever look at them) but may indicate stagnation/a lack of professionalism to someone just starting out.

Whereas the lack of a NAT season is the opposite: new players who aren't familiar with the trajectory of each season likely won't notice the lack of games, but experienced players certainly do.

Both are fairly cosmetic problems, but they do send a worrying message about the game.

I have a player who is ready to be included in the first XI of Pakistan team. No international fixtures means sadly he'll miss out on a season's worth of appearances.

The NAT fixtures for Season 19 are now out (no missed fixtures - just delayed). First NAT match of the season is on 13 January.
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Return to “Bug Reports”