World ranking broken

stellar99

Re: World ranking broken

Postby stellar99 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:Stellar,

You are plain wrong - It is a cosmetic bug because rankings do not affect any part of the game play in any way.

Quite frankly, I have found your last two posts on this topic to be quite rude. Please keep your posts civil.

Tonk,

I agree that I was rude and I am sorry about it. But when our time of what we spend in the game is undermined, I can't be as cool as most of you. I request you tell me when will this be resolved. Any bugs or any new request goes through the same cycle and gets stuck saying that the DEVs are busy or having issues.

Are we the users, including you, not busy or not having issues? Tell me. Keeping in touch with the users of the game who play it with passion and trying to improve whenever there is a chance is the only way of improvement. If we keep all such feedback in the back burner, then what impression will be left? I had been a NAT manager as well and you know my contribution over the years.

Another guy was asking for a new NAT team request which we shot out (It had its own reasons). I am not asking for new options, facilities or match engine related stuff. Many teams including mine are unable even change the expired link of their team logo; because our membership is not renewed or expired.

"Don't try to fix what is not broken". Here, rankings are one such small, but important motivation. Calling it as a cosmetic change alone, completely undermines it. Once again, my intention is not to fight or to create a ruckus. But I hope you take these points to the DEVs. They were previously very active and I've interacted with them via Twitter too, but I don't know why they are shun now.

Hope you will understand my views as well Tonk!

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 pm

stellar99 wrote:But I humbly point out that you have no rights to ask me to stop playing the game.

To be fair Tonks did say "please keep playing it but be civil about it". He only said you should stop if you don't enjoy it. Noone wants you to quit!

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:52 pm

liquefry wrote:
stellar99 wrote:But I humbly point out that you have no rights to ask me to stop playing the game.

To be fair Tonks did say "please keep playing it but be civil about it". He only said you should stop if you don't enjoy it. Noone wants you to quit!

I believe you'll find he is responding to Odin, not Tonks
Odin wrote:If you don't like the game, stop playing. Or please keep playing. I'd just prefer us to be supportive of others when we can.

A500

Postby A500 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:38 pm

We are new No.1 :clap:
Disappointed to see that rankings are still showing ,#10. :(

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:I believe you'll find he is responding to Odin, not Tonks

Yeah. Same point though - he's not really asking Stellar to stop playing, the opposite in fact.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:15 am

liquefry wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:I believe you'll find he is responding to Odin, not Tonks

Yeah. Same point though - he's not really asking Stellar to stop playing, the opposite in fact.

Fair point at that as well.

mike778

Postby mike778 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:25 pm

You are plain wrong - It is a cosmetic bug because rankings do not affect any part of the game play in any way.

Quite frankly, I have found your last two posts on this topic to be quite rude. Please keep your posts civil.

Looking at Stellar's previous post, it was maybe a little pushy but it was a pretty reasonable request. Given that nobody replied to his previous forum thread, I could see why he would be a bit peeved and more aggressive this time.

Lack of development is one thing but the bugs piling up isn't great. Its not just this, there is also the trophies bug (or lack of a manual job activated etc). Its one thing not moving forward but moving backwards isn't great.

I think Stumped is a fantastic game and spend probably too long messing about on it. To be honest though I was thinking about bidding on a 16 year old and thought I'd save the money for a ready made player as I'm not sure the game will last long enough for a now 16 year old to mature.

I 100% acknowledge that the devs are very busy and that membership money goes towards running costs rather than paying for their time to develop the game. But if they are going to take money then there should be some sort of update posted from them every now and again so people know what is going on. Even if its just to acknowledge that there are bugs that needs sorting and the game isn't going to be pulled any time soon.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19
-Short League Champions - S19

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:28 pm

@mike778 - I think many of us are starting to feel the same.
Lizzie Mills ... Image ... Iceni Cricket Club and West Indies national team ... Image ...

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:44 pm

mike778 wrote:

Looking at Stellar's previous post, it was maybe a little pushy but it was a pretty reasonable request. Given that nobody replied to his previous forum thread, I could see why he would be a bit peeved and more aggressive this time.

I think that's a generous assessment. Clearly that post was not a request. It was a strongly worded criticism. I understand Stellar's passion but posts need to be respectful. Anyway, Stellar has rightly apologised - thank you Stellar. Let's leave it at that.

I don't agree that this is a sign of the game dying. There have been more significant bugs that have been unfixed for a couple of seasons in the past! They got fixed eventually and the game is still running many seasons on.

I understand that many managers would like this bug fixed, even though it is minor. I would also like this bug fixed. I will remind Rob about this bug soon and let him know that many managers are keen for this bug to be fixed.
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:50 am

Thanks to Mike, Angel and Tonk and others who had shared their views on this issue. When I speak, I do it for all the managers. Somewhere I might've taken an aggressive stand, but that's all my passion and would've been towards a proper cause. Moreover, an egoistic individual like me should not shy away from apologizing as well, in case if I had hurt people unintentionally.

Hoping to see a proper and quicker closure for such bugs and looking forward to playing Stumped for many more years ahead along with all of you passionate colleagues.

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

Return to “Bug Reports”