Stumped World Cup (England and Wales)

rtj45

Re: Stumped World Cup (England and Wales)

Postby rtj45 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Australia Pakistan tomorrow and New Zealand India the day after, two massive games in Stumped and in real life.

Good luck to all.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:42 am

stellar99 wrote:Pretty happy that at least Stumped World Cup 2019 is not affected by rain and providing farcical results. DEVs, time to bring in DLS to add to the drama with few overs 'programatically' rained off. :lol:

As a meteorologist in real life, if FC was to ever come to stumped, I'd HAVE to include rain, as its a pretty significant part of the game.

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 pm

I think my assistant came back :think:

http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=1553

ltraynor

Postby ltraynor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm

Australia vs Pakistan (From an Australian perspective)

Pakistan Innings

Traynor wins the toss and sends Pakistan into bat which seemed to pay off with an early wicket to Lang who has yet to fire this tournament so far, Then it was Pakistan who formed a partnership until the captain Traynor who is having one of if not the best International season by an Australian bowler came in and took 5 wickets to annihilate the Pakistan batting order. To the credit of Pakistan the tail and lower order wagged a bit until Bowden ran out Hamid which exposed the end of the tail, Thea total set could be defended but they'd have to bowl well.

Australian Innings

Set 220 for victory and the return of Ward and Bowden from rest put Australia into a position to chase this down. They'd have to do it without Laker who has been rested after his knock in our losing game to India. Pakistan struck early with Ward going cheap followed by Austin who has not had a great tournament at all and will need to find some runs if Australia are going to suceed this season. Glenister came in and a partnership was formed with Thorndyke but just as it was getting going Glenister got out followed by in form batsman Vincent which put Pakistan on top. Then Bowden who is also having his best season for Australia came in and combined with Thorndyke to almost chase down the target with Bowden getting a half century and Thorndyke getting a century. The conjested schedule is creating challenges and no doubt Thorndyke and Bowden will probably need a rest with another game in 3 days against Sri Lanka.

Crawford Award

Thorndyke 3 points
Bowden 2 Points

Bashford Award

Traynor 3 points
Lang 1 point

===============================================================================================================

Totals

Crawford Award:

Vincent 4 points
Laker 4 Points
Bowden 5 points
Thorndyke 3 Points

Bashford award

Traynor 7 points
Bristow 2 points
Lang 1 Point
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
[color=#008000]National Duties: Gordon Glenister (Australia) Luke Traynor (Australia) Patrick Piggott (England) Mitul Patel (Bangladesh)

mike778

Postby mike778 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm

stellar99 wrote:
mike778 wrote:Well that's a bit of a bummer .... probably should stick to the club game. Really thought we would win that one.

South Africa is one of my favorite teams, both in Stumped and real life. So, my friend Mike, please don't lose hope. I'm sure that SA will do well in the upcoming games and I'll wish for that. :thumbup: Keep it going!

If time allows and if Lizzie permits, I'll be part of SA NAT to assist you next season. :D (Just kidding, I'm sure that you are good on your own buddy. But if I can be of any help, feel free to let me know, after this tournament is done)

Wishing SA and all other teams, all the very best!

Pretty happy that at least Stumped World Cup 2019 is not affected by rain and providing farcical results. DEVs, time to bring in DLS to add to the drama with few overs 'programatically' rained off. :lol:

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

Cheers - a few good tonkings are good for the soul I guess. With hindsight, there's a few errors with the squad picked although in my defence I was in USA on holiday for most of the warm-ups. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :thumbup:
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:55 am

DEV-R0b1et wrote:
stellar99 wrote:Pretty happy that at least Stumped World Cup 2019 is not affected by rain and providing farcical results. DEVs, time to bring in DLS to add to the drama with few overs 'programatically' rained off. :lol:

As a meteorologist in real life, if FC was to ever come to stumped, I'd HAVE to include rain, as its a pretty significant part of the game.

Wow, as a weather aficionado & an IT Architect by profession, I'm happy to know that the site's developer is also deeply into both. Your professional life should be taxing, as well as pretty exciting. Thanks for considering the suggestion! Looking forward for both FC and the rain. :thumbup:

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 am

mike778 wrote:
stellar99 wrote:
mike778 wrote:Well that's a bit of a bummer .... probably should stick to the club game. Really thought we would win that one.

South Africa is one of my favorite teams, both in Stumped and real life. So, my friend Mike, please don't lose hope. I'm sure that SA will do well in the upcoming games and I'll wish for that. :thumbup: Keep it going!

If time allows and if Lizzie permits, I'll be part of SA NAT to assist you next season. :D (Just kidding, I'm sure that you are good on your own buddy. But if I can be of any help, feel free to let me know, after this tournament is done)

Wishing SA and all other teams, all the very best!

Pretty happy that at least Stumped World Cup 2019 is not affected by rain and providing farcical results. DEVs, time to bring in DLS to add to the drama with few overs 'programatically' rained off. :lol:

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

Cheers - a few good tonkings are good for the soul I guess. With hindsight, there's a few errors with the squad picked although in my defence I was in USA on holiday for most of the warm-ups. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :thumbup:

Horses for courses with whatever resources we have. I'm sure that you will come up with a team for the pitch and conditions among the current 15 you have, and that I think will be good enough to fetch you some wins, as the quality of your squad is good.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am

I'm looking forward to playing against my friend and rival Stellar tomorrow. England v West Indies. Its going to be a good game, I hope. :mrgreen:

I am very confident of a win, which will massively backfire when Thatcher gets a 5 fer...
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 am

rtj45 wrote:I'm looking forward to playing against my friend and rival Stellar tomorrow. England v West Indies. Its going to be a good game, I hope. :mrgreen:

I am very confident of a win, which will massively backfire when Thatcher gets a 5 fer...

:D If you win, you will have credit. Even if I win Richie, it is you who will get the credit. Very much looking forward for our clash, where I hope our bowling to withstand your strong batting including the likes of Wright, Cullen and co.

All the best my Friend! :) :thumbup:

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 am

Still no place for Sheldon this WC :( he'll have to prove his worth in my game today. 101 average in internationals...

Return to “Internationals”