Football 2018/2019

Alucard

Football 2018/2019

Postby Alucard » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:07 pm

So today is the transfer deadline(for PL clubs,they cant register until January) and the season starts tommorow on Friday. Made this thread to discuss football for the upcoming season.
Premier league:
Defending champions Manchester city already have a very good squad. They added Mahrez as depth for the right flank. They were in for Jorginho but got gazumped(ala Alexis). Only weakness is that they still have no cover for a 33 year old Fernandinho. Phil Foden is a hyped young English midfielder who should go on loan.

Manchester United have done decent business. LB and RW are still their weakness just like last year. Mourinho wont play Sanchez on the right(when everyone were expecting him to) and their starting left back is a 33 year old winger converted fullback. Bought Fred to free Pogba of his defensive duties. Dalot is a good potential player. And singing Lee grant means Periera gets to go on loan. Rumoured for a £50M+ bid for Toby despite already having 5 players that can play there. Also a price of £75M for Maguire was quoted. Expect Mourinho to get the sack if he serves his usual garbage football(Also third season meltdowns). Along with player signings a lot of importance can also be given to Mckenna who have been promoted to first team coaching. This happened after Faria parted ways with Jose after 17 years due to personal reasons. Mckenna is known for attacking tactics during his youth coaching days.

Spurs have had the worst transfer window among the top 6. No signings when they obviously require the depth.
No ambition shown here by Levy when rivals are improving. Another couple of years without trophy and Poch and others might leave. The wages arent that high either. Needed a backup for Kane that is decent and also a Dembele replacement. Another CB would be good incase Toby leaves. Rose might also go which in case might need LB.

Liverpool have won the transfer window so far. Just like Everton and AC Milan did last year. Hope they have a shambles of a season like the other two. They bought in a Defensive Midfielder in Fabinho who can also play as RB. Keita was signed last year for this season onwards. Broke the world record for goalkeeper in Alisson Becker.
Signed VVD in January for 75+ and immediately improved in defense since then. Shaqiri was bought as a back up for £13-15M ,another decent player that fits in gegenpressing. Not any obvious weakness here in this squad right now. But the new players will take time to gel in with others.

Arsenal have glaring weakness all over their defense and midfield. Cech should have been replaced a couple of years ago is still gonna start. Their CBs are pathetic. No proper DM. If possible then an RB to compete with Bellerin would be nice. Kroenke made a good choice by hiring Emery over Arteta and Viera. But he still need to spend some decent money on players. Just another Mike ashley.

Chelsea have a joke of a board. Firstly they took an eternity to hire Sarri and sack Conte. So, yesterday at 12:10pm they paid Kepa's release clause of £71M. The market have gone mad. This is the world record fee for a goalkeeper now, an unproven one mind you. Sarri bought Jorginho with him who will be pivotal for the Sarrismo. Also there are talks with Real Madrid for Kovacić. They are trying for a loan with an option to buy. Hazard is staying so its a plus. Also signed Rob green for home grown quota. I think that a top class CB will make them even strong.

La liga
Real madrid arent looking to sign anyone this year as they putting their faith on their young players like Isco and Asensio. Bale will be the focal point of the team. Need a goalscorer badly as Benzema have been declining for a long time now. Another problem is that Bale cant keep himself fit for an entire season so this is a major gamble. Their manager Lopetegui is also unproven in the job. Didn't manage Spain in any major tournament and his porto stint was a utter flop. FC Porto fans still hate him.

Barcelona have made good purchases this year. Vidal will add the physicality of Paulinho and have a bulldog approach towards the game. His work rate combined with Rakitić will be very high. Bartomeu gazumped AS Roma for the sale of Malcolm. He will play on the right flank. Dembele on the left with Messi in the middle maybe. Coutinho in the midfield as Iniesta replacement. Rakitić, Vidal and Arthur for the other midfield position maybe.

Atletico Madrid made their best move by securing Greizmann's commitment. Career wise it looks like a bad move for him. He is already 27 and havent won any meaningful trophy at club level. Simeone also signed Lemar for the midfield position. Looks like Godin will stay for another couple of years.

Serie A looks like the league to watch for this season.
Juventus have signed Ronaldo in their bid to finally win the elusive CL. Also Sandro have said that he is staying. Bonnuci is back(hated by both Juventus and Milan fans now) in a swap for Higuain and Caldara. Higuain scored lots of goal but ultimately failed in doing the job he was bought for, winning the CL. With Ronaldo's elite winners mentality and talent maybe they can win it. Losing Caldara was bad for them. Rugani isnt good and their defenders are old.

Inter Milan have made good buys like Nainggolan and De Vrij. Last season when CL qualification was on the line De Vrij playing for lazio gave away the game to Inter. This was suspicious.

Napoli are weakened. Their best midfielder left. They threw away the CL in the past to focus on the league but hired Carlo Ancelotti who is notorious for winning knockout matches while flunking the league.

In Germany defending champions Bayern have added Goretza to their midfield. This is good considering that Alcantara have a major problem when it comes to staying fit for games. Süle will get even better. Already a tank. Boateng wants to leave and this good for Bayern. His speciality just like his other teammates is to get injured this days. He have declined a lot. Missed almost 1/4 of the matches last season. Hoeneß and Rummenigge have continued their retarded and classless media talks while signing no wingers for the team. They still rely on Robbery.

BVB will continue to be poor this season again. No signing of intent for winning the league.

In France PSG will sign Mbappe on a permanent deal this year. Were rumoured for Boateng and Alex Sandro.
Lyon look threatening with Memphis as their striker. Expecting a decent title challenge.

SM-xmarra

Re: Football 2018/2019

Postby SM-xmarra » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Pretty sure Arsenal signed a new keeper, Leno.
Manager of Durham Elite & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16, 17 & 21
Winner of T20 1.1 season 21

Winner of International T20 - Season 12 & 22
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:31 pm

xmarra wrote:Pretty sure Arsenal signed a new keeper, Leno.

@xmarra
+1
I missed it. Good point out.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Cech have declined so so much. A decade ago he was arguably the keeper in BPL. Now he is a joke. Championship player from the looks like it.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 pm

For the first time this year I am playing the dynamic version of fantasy football called "draft". You play in a league of friends and can choose any player you like, provided someone else doesn't already have them. I.e. there is only one Kane in the draft! You can have unlimited transfers per week but you can only swap for players that haven't yet been picked!

It's a great format and one that I am currently enjoying!

Who is playing fantasy prem this year? Come join our stumped league! 840710-602523. This is just using the normal FPL not the draft (perhaps we can do the draft next year?)

All welcome. See you there!
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:59 pm

rtj45 wrote:For the first time this year I am playing the dynamic version of fantasy football called "draft". You play in a league of friends and can choose any player you like, provided someone else doesn't already have them. I.e. there is only one Kane in the draft! You can have unlimited transfers per week but you can only swap for players that haven't yet been picked!

Who is playing fantasy prem this year? Come join our stumped league! 840710-602523. This is just using the normal FPL not the draft (perhaps we can do the draft next year?)

@rtj45
How did you set up your team mate? Unlimited transfer sounds fun and hope to join soon after I two foot studs up tackle a couple of real life commitments.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Alucard wrote:
rtj45 wrote:For the first time this year I am playing the dynamic version of fantasy football called "draft". You play in a league of friends and can choose any player you like, provided someone else doesn't already have them. I.e. there is only one Kane in the draft! You can have unlimited transfers per week but you can only swap for players that haven't yet been picked!

@rtj45
How did you set up your team mate? Unlimited transfer sounds fun and hope to join soon after I two foot studs up tackle a couple of real life commitments.

Hi Alu,

https://fantasy.premierleague.com

I find this is the best one, but there are a plethora of fantasy comps out there.

ColonL

Postby ColonL » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 am

Supporting Liverpool - Mohamed Salah! :thumbup:

dazoctaron

Postby dazoctaron » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 pm

rtj45 wrote:

I tried to join but it says the league code is invalid.
WARRIORS

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 pm

dazoctaron wrote:
rtj45 wrote:

I tried to join but it says the league code is invalid.

I mean this is the code: 840710-602523. So if you have copied this link into the join private league part of fpl then it should work? If not then I have no idea.

Return to “Other Sports”