Short League 3

angeltoast

Re: Short League 3

Postby angeltoast » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 am

I completely agree with Ashok about bonus points, both in this competition and in the Stumped leagues. They serve no useful purpose, distort results, and are an administrative nightmare.
Image Liz Mills - Iceni Cricket Club

samir

Postby samir » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:13 pm

I think I've survived this league :clap:

Darium

Postby Darium » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:45 am

ashok36 wrote:Hi Lalith,

Great job in organizing all four tiers. Though people underestimated Tier 4, that one turned out to be a mammoth ride of 18 games and very much interactive than my very own Tier 3. Hopefully, I may move on to Tier 2 or play a play-off depending upon today's result against Venka Warriors.

However, I request you to consider removing the concept of bonus points for the next edition of Short League 4.

Though Stumped engine has it still operative, it is out of real Cricket and it should be out here as well. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever, in placing a team which had lost more matches at a higher place. People might argue for encouragement and finding the better team. But, your calculation of NRR with three decimals itself does it.

Balls remaining, runs scored, all will count in NRR calc. Number of wins always should take precedence and if you'd equal, then NRR is there to decide the winner. Why bonus points? It will reduce work for you too.

Please get away with it, as it is completely unacceptable and illogical to see a team with more losses pipping on the count of bonus points alone. Also, it widens the gap between some teams in a very big way, which takes the fuzz out of it.

Can't put more valid arguments than this. Kindly consider.

Ashok.

Absolutely valid points my mate Ash! Exactly my same views which I've already conveyed to Lalith.

Thanks to Liz too, who had backed up this idea. If not in Stumped game, (Which might take an effort from DEVs to remove), at least in Friendly Comps, this should be removed. It's an useless thing and should rightly be scrapped.

Darium Dave.

conradij

Postby conradij » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:26 am

Great work Lalith on another fun tournament :clap: Looking forward to the next edition (bonus points or not) :thumbup:
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Return to “Friendly Competitions”