World ranking broken

liquefry

World ranking broken

Postby liquefry » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:01 am

Minor website bug - looks like "world ranking" hasn't updated since September last year? Everyone's position is unchanged since then.

MOD-tonk6464

Re: World ranking broken

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:44 am

You're right. It's a known bug which is purely cosmetic.
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:51 am

A cosmetic bug - I like that. It's a kind of feature, a talking point :lol:
Lizzie Mills ... Image ... Iceni Cricket Club and West Indies national team ... Image ...

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 am

It ain't just a cosmetic bug. I've already raised this point strongly in one of my previous posts, for which no one had replied.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3711

I don't want to whine here. Good going DEVs for your non-committal commitment. Making us the users, look like jobless idiots. "Busy with real life" - Huff, what a joke! If one DEV is not well or busy, why can't the other one take care of it? How many hours it's gonna take to correct this so-called 'Cosmetic' or 'Make-up' bug? Pathetic!

Regards,
Stellar Ram.

Odin

Postby Odin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:14 pm

stellar99 wrote:I don't want to whine here.

Well it seems that you do want to whine here.

The rest of what you wrote might be fair enough, but what have you gained by posting this?
It hasn't been fixed, yes. The world is still turning.

Dev are busy. I have experienced being too-busy, and let others down as a result. It's quite an uncomfortable experience. Your post will not have improved that for our Devs.
If you don't like the game, stop playing. Or please keep playing. I'd just prefer us to be supportive of others when we can.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Stellar,

You are plain wrong - It is a cosmetic bug because rankings do not affect any part of the game play in any way.

Quite frankly, I have found your last two posts on this topic to be quite rude. Please keep your posts civil.
Manager of The Tonkers - Winners of the career 'Grand Slam' (Div.1 SOD, T20, DEV & The Stumped! Cup)

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:51 pm

wow bit strong! Didn't think I was wading into anything controversial but I'd like to see it fixed at some point, while it is cosmetic it's also quite interesting. Maybe less interesting for those at the very top than those of us trying to rise through the ranks!

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 am

liquefry wrote:wow bit strong! Didn't think I was wading into anything controversial but I'd like to see it fixed at some point, while it is cosmetic it's also quite interesting. Maybe less interesting for those at the very top than those of us trying to rise through the ranks!

I think there was nothing controversial with your posts. Liquefry. I agree with you that the rankings are interesting and I would like it fixed too.

However, some people have completely over-reacted to what you correctly describe as a minor bug.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 am

Yeah I was responding to the other post, should have quoted it. Bit of an overreaction to a minor issue.

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 am

Odin wrote:
stellar99 wrote:I don't want to whine here.

Well it seems that you do want to whine here.

The rest of what you wrote might be fair enough, but what have you gained by posting this?
It hasn't been fixed, yes. The world is still turning.

Dev are busy. I have experienced being too-busy, and let others down as a result. It's quite an uncomfortable experience. Your post will not have improved that for our Devs.
If you don't like the game, stop playing. Or please keep playing. I'd just prefer us to be supportive of others when we can.

I agree with you that I was a bit aggressive. But one can wait only for a certain time, it was that passion or anger which got expressed in my words and I feel sorry if it had made people uncomfortable. But I humbly point out that you have no rights to ask me to stop playing the game. I also agree that we can also be more supportive of each other, which I've tried a lot. I'll take your feedback, except the game playing part, for which you simply have no rights.

Return to “Bug Reports”