Welcome To New Managers

angeltoast

Welcome To New Managers

Postby angeltoast » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm

So, you have just joined Stumped!

Welcome, and Good Luck.

Before you do anything else, please take time to read the Help guide - it will lead you through the basics, and may prevent some early mistakes (we all make them). Then read 'Rosewarne's Stumped New Player Guide' here in the Beginners Section of the forums - there is a lot of experience packed into that. If you need more guidance, ask here in the forums.

My own advice is "do not try to run before you can walk." In other words, start slowly and be patient - it takes time to learn the intricacies of this game. In particular, watch your club's finances, and do not spend too much too soon - it is easy to bankrupt your club (I know, I have done it) and the only way out of it is to sell all your best players - so take it easy, we don't want you to become disheartened and drift away.

And finally, please (if you can) consider becoming a full member. There are some real benefits to paid membership, but the main one is that you are helping Stumped to keep going and growing.
Lizzie Mills ... Image ... Iceni Cricket Club and West Indies national team ... Image ...

James018

Re: Welcome To New Managers

Postby James018 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:07 am

Someone pin this.

conradij

Postby conradij » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 am

James018 wrote:Someone pin this.
:thumbup:

And new managers, say hello. We're all happy to help :wave:
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 am

Done.

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:54 am

DEV-R0b1et wrote:

Done.

Thanks guys
Lizzie Mills ... Image ... Iceni Cricket Club and West Indies national team ... Image ...

Epipsychidion

Postby Epipsychidion » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Hey all, I just came over from FTP to see what this was about - looking interesting so far. :)

I don't suppose anyone would be up for a bit of mentoring? I've read the newbie guide and got the basics of my team sorted, but could probably do with someone a bit more experienced to ask some extra questions until I'm a bit more on my feet...

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:48 pm

Epipsychidion wrote:Hey all, I just came over from FTP to see what this was about - looking interesting so far. :)

I don't suppose anyone would be up for a bit of mentoring? I've read the newbie guide and got the basics of my team sorted, but could probably do with someone a bit more experienced to ask some extra questions until I'm a bit more on my feet...

Happy to answer any questions via PM but probably better asking questions in the forum so you get a wider range of answers
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20
-Short League Champions - S19, S20
-Runners up in English 2020 (S19) and Cup

Return to “The Beginners Section”