Player valuation

Smiddie

Player valuation

Postby Smiddie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 pm

conradij

Re: Player valuation

Postby conradij » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:18 pm

:sick: you never played him!

He's probably worth £100,000 - 500,000 ? maybe depending on how much people are willing to take a chance on his development potential as a 20 year old.

I'm guessing he would have been easily worth >£5 million if he was close to potential

EDIT

Sorry - Just seen he's a player as part of your new team... wow! That's amazingly un/lucky depending on how you look at it. As a new player you probably have more chance than most to develop him. Just play him constantly and see how far he gets
Stumped team: Pro Crastinators http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:34 pm

He could be quality, but he'll only reach his potential for about a week before he starts declining :(

mike778

Postby mike778 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Do not sell him - he is worth far more to a new team. Established teams with money wont be able to give him the game time.

You need to play him in every game every format provided his condition is at least 80% (even in the 70s I would maybe risk it). You need him to bat every game so I would maybe put him around 6 in the order which should achieve that (if you win the toss then). Bowling wise, it may be best to have him open the bowing and just bowl half his overs.

Its important not to knacker him out as you want him to play as many games as possible but as the same time make sure he bats every game (1 ball faced gets batting training) and get in a good chunk of his overs (more overs gets more bowling training but its not linear and half his overs gets you most of the bowling training).
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20
-Short League Champions - S19, S20
-Runners up in English 2020 (S19) and Cup

mike778

Postby mike778 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:35 pm

On this note - one tip I would give to new teams would be target players like this (high potential but under-developed), you can often get them cheap and are able to play them in every format which you wont be able to do later when in competitive leagues.

Always feel a little sad (not really) when you see new teams that have 20 man squads. Its such a waste. Any more than 16 players for a new team is a mistake.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and now also manager of the mighty South African national side.

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20
-Short League Champions - S19, S20
-Runners up in English 2020 (S19) and Cup

Return to “Valuations/Offers”