Season 22 Cup

conradij

Re: Season 22 Cup

Postby conradij » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:05 pm

Delighted to have won the Cup!

Thought the odds were against me once the pitch and overcast conditions conditions perfectly suited Jimy's medium pace bowlers. I then needlessly risked my team's fitness trying to salvage a disastrous end to my OD campaign.

I almost set up my team to try to get 300+ but went for a more pragmatic approach in the end which luckily paid off.

With good performances all round, it's tough to pick my man of the match. Sumner and Jethani did exactly what I hoped in getting us through the tricky opening spell, then Lloyd accelerated brilliantly to get us to what I felt was a very competitive total.

The real turning point was Mannan getting out Msenti early, so he is my man of the match. All the other bowlers got stuck in too, backed up with great keeping from Woolings who took 3 catches and a stumping.

Unlucky Jimy, I reckon you'd have chased it down pretty comfortably if Msenti had got going.
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

Jimy

Postby Jimy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:26 pm

congrats on a great win.
it was a good run but Msenti was going to fail at one point after 2400 runs this season and avg over 100 in cup. Knew the second he got out I had lost as we have relied on him all season.
Well I think its time for a rebuild around some of my younger talent (as I cost myself Div 1 in both SOD and T20 this season going for the cup). was going to happen regardless if I won or not.

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm

Congratulations. Really pleased for you. I'm sure there will be more trophies to come.

conradij

Postby conradij » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Thanks! Also nice to have the Cup back in England after its holiday in Sri Lanka :mrgreen:
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

Return to “Senior One Day Games”