DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Re: Training pace

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:16 pm

its between the 2. that didn't help.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:50 am

So I've looked at the speeds of the guys whom I've trained in pace who are playing today's SOD. The medium pacer has had no change in pace with his max speed still being 64.7mph (though he is hitting those speeds more often), while my medium fast bowler has had his max speed go up from 75.3mph to 76mph. Given that I did this with a 3 skilled bowling coach I wasn't expecting much, but I did expect the medium pacer to increase his speed more than the medium-fast bowler
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:00 am

YVRK wrote:So I've looked at the speeds of the guys whom I've trained in pace who are playing today's SOD. The medium pacer has had no change in pace with his max speed still being 64.7mph (though he is hitting those speeds more often), while my medium fast bowler has had his max speed go up from 75.3mph to 76mph. Given that I did this with a 3 skilled bowling coach I wasn't expecting much, but I did expect the medium pacer to increase his speed more than the medium-fast bowler

Players don't always hit their max speed either, if condition is lower they hit a lower top speed. Something to consider to make parity in conclusions.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 am

YVRK wrote:So I've looked at the speeds of the guys whom I've trained in pace who are playing today's SOD. The medium pacer has had no change in pace with his max speed still being 64.7mph (though he is hitting those speeds more often), while my medium fast bowler has had his max speed go up from 75.3mph to 76mph. Given that I did this with a 3 skilled bowling coach I wasn't expecting much, but I did expect the medium pacer to increase his speed more than the medium-fast bowler

I have seen the odd anomoly where a bowler was trained in pace but there was no change in SOD but there was in DEV. Like the training was delayed a few days.

Happened to the same bowler a few times. Other bowlers were OK I think.

Don't think it was condition or pitch. He hit exactly the same speed on Friday as he did before training and then got the bump on Monday.

Check the pace of your medium guy on Monday if dev eligible or Wednesday if not.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and their affiliate side (SA Ducks)

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 am

mike778 wrote:

I have seen the odd anomoly where a bowler was trained in pace but there was no change in SOD but there was in DEV. Like the training was delayed a few days.

Happened to the same bowler a few times. Other bowlers were OK I think.

Don't think it was condition or pitch. He hit exactly the same speed on Friday as he did before training and then got the bump on Monday.

Check the pace of your medium guy on Monday if dev eligible or Wednesday if not.

Interesting.I'll check when he plays his DEV on Monday.
Last edited by YVRK on Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
YVRK

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:38 am

rtj45 wrote:

Players don't always hit their max speed either, if condition is lower they hit a lower top speed. Something to consider to make parity in conclusions.

Both were at 100% condition today, but it is possible that my bowler may have just been bowling faster on average.
YVRK

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:21 pm

mike778 wrote:I have seen the odd anomoly where a bowler was trained in pace but there was no change in SOD but there was in DEV. Like the training was delayed a few days.

Coincidence.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:50 am

So after playing my DEV yesterday I saw that my RM bowler had increased his pace a bit, so maybe Mike's observations are right, but it could be more down to condition that anything else.
YVRK

mike778

Postby mike778 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:25 am

DEV-R0b1et wrote:
mike778 wrote:I have seen the odd anomoly where a bowler was trained in pace but there was no change in SOD but there was in DEV. Like the training was delayed a few days.

Coincidence.

Pretty sure it happened to the same bowler about 2 or three weeks in a row though. Bowled normal speed on Friday then got his pace rise on Monday. Was training two bowlers on pace and the other was as expected.

Was going to raise it but as he got his pace increase eventually anyway just left it.

All a bit strange.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and their affiliate side (SA Ducks)

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

DEV-R0b1et
Site Admin

Postby DEV-R0b1et » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 am

mike778 wrote:
DEV-R0b1et wrote:

Coincidence.

Pretty sure it happened to the same bowler about 2 or three weeks in a row though. Bowled normal speed on Friday then got his pace rise on Monday. Was training two bowlers on pace and the other was as expected.

Was going to raise it but as he got his pace increase eventually anyway just left it.

All a bit strange.

I suspect YVRK nailed it with condition.

Return to “The Beginners Section”