Quick Questions

Squarebear

Re: Quick Questions

Postby Squarebear » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Presumably I bid but failed to confirm it.

Silly boy.

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:24 am

Nope. Same has happened with a player I bid on last night. He hasn't signed but nowhere does he appear in my transfer history as an unsuccessful bid. Odd.

I've just bid on a coach names Van Rensburg. Let's see what happens to him.

http://www.stumpedgame.com/coach.php?coach=6350

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Just viewed a player on the transfer market. Current highest bidder is "auto bid" at 1000.

I get the message: "You May Not Bid on This Player".

Why's that, then?

ZeroMoment

Postby ZeroMoment » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Squarebear wrote:Just viewed a player on the transfer market. Current highest bidder is "auto bid" at 1000.

I get the message: "You May Not Bid on This Player".

Why's that, then?

Auto bidder is the process where the player being sold has been automatically listed in the market because the club has gone into financial debt and the game has listed its highest paid player as a penalty.

If you can't bid on the player, that would probably mean you have been IP matched with the same team. That is the system in place as a measure to reduce cheating in the game.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 am

Should note that this IP match might have happened if you're a very new team, it seems that IPs logged for the team before you took over (ie while it was managed by a bot) stay with the team for a little while. So if the selling team was also new, the "matching IPs" might be from when both teams were managed by a bot.

I'm not sure it is, but if this is the case for your bid, it probably should be looked at. IPs should be reset when a human manager takes over a team.

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:24 am

Thanks both.

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:35 pm

I occasionally rotate my lineup each time a player's energy levels drop below a certain threshold.

As the rested player could be from anywhere in the eleven I usually have to rejig my batting lineup to accommodate the (making up the numbers) replacement.

Is there a way, while rejigging my batting lineup, of automatically keeping players' bowling assignments unchanged?

E.g. My opening bat is rested. I swap in my substitute, move the sub to position 11, move my former 11 up to 10 and so on. But that means all my bowling assignments are screwed.

Not a massive deal, I know. Has anyone perfected a time saving means of overcoming this minor hurdle?

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Squarebear wrote:I occasionally rotate my lineup each time a player's energy levels drop below a certain threshold.

As the rested player could be from anywhere in the eleven I usually have to rejig my batting lineup to accommodate the (making up the numbers) replacement.

Is there a way, while rejigging my batting lineup, of automatically keeping players' bowling assignments unchanged?

E.g. My opening bat is rested. I swap in my substitute, move the sub to position 11, move my former 11 up to 10 and so on. But that means all my bowling assignments are screwed.

Not a massive deal, I know. Has anyone perfected a time saving means of overcoming this minor hurdle?

If you drag the bar from the left hand side, it keeps all assignments. So instead of changing the name, just drag the players around.

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:55 am

That's "drag with a mouse", I guess? I'm on a phone and can't see how to make that work.

rkpny

Postby rkpny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:17 am

How useful/good is this guy - http://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=200219

I am curious if his skill is too low for him to get anywhere close to his potential.

Return to “The Beginners Section”