And the Scouts find...

MagvGarlic
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:50 pm

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby MagvGarlic » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:38 am

Not as well rounded as Jay, but went for the 56-averaging batsman and hit the jackpot. Seems like an ideal No. 6 apart from the fielding and even that isn't abysmal.

55 - Matthew Tudor
Club Dynamo Morpork
Age 16 (and 0 weeks) : view history
Wage / Rating $2,429 / 1,640 - (Trialist)
Characteristics Front footed
Hobby Storm Chasing
Role Batsman
Bats Right handed aggressive
Bowler Right arm medium pace
Condition 100%
Touch 10

Stamina 8/10

Shot S. 5/18
Defense 8/8
Attack 3/19

Accuracy 0/15
Movement 0/15
Variation 0/6

Fielding 2/10
Keeping 0/5

Captaincy 6
Experience 0
Player Notes:
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

JayTheFirebender
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby JayTheFirebender » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 pm

https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=229358

Ok it’s confirmed, coolest name = best player, from my 2 week sample

In all seriousness I have no clue what to make of this player. 44 potential RFS with high movement, 40 potential batting orientated towards defensive batting, 20 potential keeping with Safe Hands, and 16 pot stamina. Talk about a jack of all trades!

But he only has 6 potential fielding I mean, how is that even possible? How can he literally have the potential to be the most perfect wicketkeeper possible but also be a useless fielder? If the fielding and keeping was swapped around I would’ve taken him and made him my spin all-rounder, but he has so much going for him that I have no clue what to do, might sell him and leave the decision to someone else as to whether he should take the gloves or become an all-rounder.
Manager of a bunch of virtual park cricketers since August 2020.

Other interests include: PC gaming, (actual) cricket, collecting trading cards and attempting to fix broken things.

Calvino
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby Calvino » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:27 pm

JayTheFirebender wrote:https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=229358

Ok it’s confirmed, coolest name = best player, from my 2 week sample

In all seriousness I have no clue what to make of this player. 44 potential RFS with high movement, 40 potential batting orientated towards defensive batting, 20 potential keeping with Safe Hands, and 16 pot stamina. Talk about a jack of all trades!

But he only has 6 potential fielding I mean, how is that even possible? How can he literally have the potential to be the most perfect wicketkeeper possible but also be a useless fielder? If the fielding and keeping was swapped around I would’ve taken him and made him my spin all-rounder, but he has so much going for him that I have no clue what to do, might sell him and leave the decision to someone else as to whether he should take the gloves or become an all-rounder.


My maths make him a 46 potential bowler, not 44. Personally, I'd have him as a spin allrounder. If he does a good enough job with the bat and ball then I think I'd forgive him for not being very good at fielding. The only thing that would annoy me a bit is that having him batting in the top 3, which is probably where he'd do best with the bat, is going to tire him out a bit even with his stamina. That said, I've had a couple of players like that and it can be managed; I sometimes play them higher up the order and sometimes play them lower down.

conradij
Posts: 954
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby conradij » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Calvino wrote:
JayTheFirebender wrote:https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=229358

Ok it’s confirmed, coolest name = best player, from my 2 week sample

In all seriousness I have no clue what to make of this player. 44 potential RFS with high movement, 40 potential batting orientated towards defensive batting, 20 potential keeping with Safe Hands, and 16 pot stamina. Talk about a jack of all trades!

But he only has 6 potential fielding I mean, how is that even possible? How can he literally have the potential to be the most perfect wicketkeeper possible but also be a useless fielder? If the fielding and keeping was swapped around I would’ve taken him and made him my spin all-rounder, but he has so much going for him that I have no clue what to do, might sell him and leave the decision to someone else as to whether he should take the gloves or become an all-rounder.


My maths make him a 46 potential bowler, not 44. Personally, I'd have him as a spin allrounder. If he does a good enough job with the bat and ball then I think I'd forgive him for not being very good at fielding. The only thing that would annoy me a bit is that having him batting in the top 3, which is probably where he'd do best with the bat, is going to tire him out a bit even with his stamina. That said, I've had a couple of players like that and it can be managed; I sometimes play them higher up the order and sometimes play them lower down.


Yeah, he's a bit like my spin allrounder - https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=191615. Singh is awesome, I quite often play him up the order to blunt an attack and he's excellent for that (averages 35 in OD despite only 36 skill). Every now and again he does too well and is too tired for the next game, but then again he's not so good that it's a problem if he misses a game or to. Not sure your guy's batting is good enough for that, personally I'd develop him as a spin all-rounder and have him lower down the order as a backstop in case of collapses. Would be a bit nervous of his low accuracy though.

He feels like the sort of player that could go for cheap if sold now (100-200k ish but who knows); but would be worth quite a bit if close to potential (500 - 750k ???). Whether that's worth it probably depends on your other prospects and how importnat/fun DEV is for you. Mind you I'm not sure whether market predictions are worth making at the moment!
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16, 23 and 25
Season 26: Runner-up, in everything

JayTheFirebender
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby JayTheFirebender » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:06 pm

Calvino wrote:

My maths make him a 46 potential bowler, not 44. Personally, I'd have him as a spin allrounder. If he does a good enough job with the bat and ball then I think I'd forgive him for not being very good at fielding. The only thing that would annoy me a bit is that having him batting in the top 3, which is probably where he'd do best with the bat, is going to tire him out a bit even with his stamina. That said, I've had a couple of players like that and it can be managed; I sometimes play them higher up the order and sometimes play them lower down.


Sorry about the typing error, was on my phone and in a rush so didn’t check the message through.

As I said I would’ve kept him if the fielding and keeping were swapped around or even if he had maybe 13 or more potential fielding (or at least 10). 6 pot fielding is too low for me as I’m really trying to get a relatively high fielding standard across the team. Which is a bummer because he’s pretty much what I’ve been looking for: a high movement offspinner with a bit of batting.
Manager of a bunch of virtual park cricketers since August 2020.

Other interests include: PC gaming, (actual) cricket, collecting trading cards and attempting to fix broken things.

Calvino
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby Calvino » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:29 am

JayTheFirebender wrote:
Calvino wrote:

My maths make him a 46 potential bowler, not 44. Personally, I'd have him as a spin allrounder. If he does a good enough job with the bat and ball then I think I'd forgive him for not being very good at fielding. The only thing that would annoy me a bit is that having him batting in the top 3, which is probably where he'd do best with the bat, is going to tire him out a bit even with his stamina. That said, I've had a couple of players like that and it can be managed; I sometimes play them higher up the order and sometimes play them lower down.


Sorry about the typing error, was on my phone and in a rush so didn’t check the message through.

As I said I would’ve kept him if the fielding and keeping were swapped around or even if he had maybe 13 or more potential fielding (or at least 10). 6 pot fielding is too low for me as I’m really trying to get a relatively high fielding standard across the team. Which is a bummer because he’s pretty much what I’ve been looking for: a high movement offspinner with a bit of batting.


No worries, I just wanted to make sure you knew it was 46 in case that was going to sway you one way or the other.

JayTheFirebender
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby JayTheFirebender » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:53 am

Calvino wrote:
JayTheFirebender wrote:
Calvino wrote:

My maths make him a 46 potential bowler, not 44. Personally, I'd have him as a spin allrounder. If he does a good enough job with the bat and ball then I think I'd forgive him for not being very good at fielding. The only thing that would annoy me a bit is that having him batting in the top 3, which is probably where he'd do best with the bat, is going to tire him out a bit even with his stamina. That said, I've had a couple of players like that and it can be managed; I sometimes play them higher up the order and sometimes play them lower down.


Sorry about the typing error, was on my phone and in a rush so didn’t check the message through.

As I said I would’ve kept him if the fielding and keeping were swapped around or even if he had maybe 13 or more potential fielding (or at least 10). 6 pot fielding is too low for me as I’m really trying to get a relatively high fielding standard across the team. Which is a bummer because he’s pretty much what I’ve been looking for: a high movement offspinner with a bit of batting.


No worries, I just wanted to make sure you knew it was 46 in case that was going to sway you one way or the other.


What makes no sense to me is how he ended up selling for over 1.5 million :crazy: . I know that he's an all-rounder with great bowling potential, solid batting and stamina to help him play his part as an all-rounder, but I thought that even 500k was slightly overpriced given that he has bad fielding and no batting or bowling traits. I mean I'm not complaining but I only think that the price would be justified if he had decent fielding and at least one trait
Manager of a bunch of virtual park cricketers since August 2020.

Other interests include: PC gaming, (actual) cricket, collecting trading cards and attempting to fix broken things.

garthmaul
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:20 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby garthmaul » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:47 pm

40 potential bat with 20 potential keeping plus safe hands makes him a top notch keeper. Maybe he's worth more as a keeper than an allrounder.

James018
Posts: 1840
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby James018 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:04 am

I was bidding on him as a keeper, and probably would have gone into the millions if I didn't already have a promising DEV keeper.

howie123
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:50 am

Re: And the Scouts find...

Postby howie123 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:59 pm

I must have done something good in a previous life, pulled a 49 pot batsman today :D


Return to “Game Matters”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest